[1.3, BoTW S3/E10] The Arcane Archer - Chaos Arc by CantripN

Sharbe plays on TW server, so can't link gear, so I'll post what I can:

His tree:

He's currently at lvl 86 with 4312 hp and 163 unreserved mana.
27% Evasion and 30% Dodge.

Gem setup:
vaal spark-spell echo-gmp-lmp
HoI-reduced mana-clarity
HoT-curse on hit-assassin's mark-reduced mana
spark-spell echo-increased critical damage-pierce-empower
cwdt-increased duration-ice wall-smoke mine

Core unique
Voltaxic Rift
Lightning Coil
Drillneck
Victario's Acuity

lv18 spark damage 5428
damage with full charges is 8890, with atziri's promise is 10223.
42.6% critical chance with 6 power charges and 468 critical multiplier.

--

Not exactly how I'd have made it, but that's exactly the point. Different versions to each player, depending on preference and playstyle.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Nov 3, 2014, 2:08:34 AM
ya think its possible to go voltaxic and drillneck with ice spear added chaos pierce for value shocks?

Sounds fun, + the free pierce chance is pretty awesome.
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
"
leary93 wrote:
ya think its possible to go voltaxic and drillneck with ice spear added chaos pierce for value shocks?

Very good thought, but won't work quite as well. Ice Spear's Pierce doesn't affect the damage from Drillneck (it's Arrow Pierce Chance-based). And if you're not dealing Lightning Damage, why use Voltaxic? After all, Ice Spear with Added Lightning shocks just fine as it is.

But Drillneck/Rearguard + hypothetic +1 gems, +2 fire/cold/lightning bow would be viable for a Projectile Spell. Alas, such don't exist, yet :)

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
Last edited by CantripN on Nov 3, 2014, 3:37:24 PM
haha i would love to see the dmg of lvl 26 spark with this setup + 1 gem.
it already shotgun 3x10k dmg ^^
dw void battery with sparks seems pretty nice when it already got 10k x3 dmg just with a bow and a quiver on lvl 18 xD
"
CantripN wrote:
"
leary93 wrote:

Very good thought, but won't work quite as well. Ice Spear's Pierce doesn't affect the damage from Drillneck (it's Arrow Pierce Chance-based). And if you're not dealing Lightning Damage, why use Voltaxic? After all, Ice Spear with Added Lightning shocks just fine as it is.

But Drillneck/Rearguard + hypothetic +1 gems, +2 fire/cold/lightning bow would be viable for a Projectile Spell. Alas, such don't exist, yet :)

well, youd still use the pierce gem with ice spear, so you will get the pierce gem also adding damage, since drillneck refers to general pierce chance being added as proj dmg as piercing second phase of ice spear is essentially what you are going for. It was just a throw btw, wasnt really serious, since I think your right on the fact its kind off a waste to use it voltaxic for ice spear.
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
Congratulations on BoTW.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Grats on BotW! Very interesting build.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
congrats
why no herald of ice to add surv interms of freezing?
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
@All: Thank you :)

"
sherkhan wrote:
What was the total cost of your gear on rampage?

Less than it could be, more than most other builds I make. It's *not* a first build for a new league, unless you're a Master Flipper/Scammer/Fisherman. Empower 4 more or less doubled the cost, and I was doing just fine with Empower 3.

"
why no herald of ice to add surv interms of freezing?

I used it before HoT came out. At this point, no mana left to use it (but you can take some passives to allow it), but I must say it adds fairly limited damage and only shattered when I crit (aka - when everything is dead ANYWAY). It won't freeze Rares+ for long if at all on this setup.

Last edited by CantripN on Nov 4, 2014, 7:25:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info