[1.3, BoTW S3/E10] The Arcane Archer - Chaos Arc by CantripN

"
Sofunk wrote:
Hello, I am looking to make this build with spark instead, because I hate arc.

I was wondering what gems would be optimal for spark in a 6l.

My IGN name is T_Girl if you would prefer to answer me there.

Spark, you need Lightning Pen., Pierce (and the pierce passives, perhaps), PCoC, Spell Echo and one more (Faster Casting / Empower 3+ / Increased Duration / Life Leech). The tree would be quite different, but it works.
Obviously, with a Drillneck.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Feb 8, 2015, 9:25:35 AM
"
CantripN wrote:
Spark, you need Lightning Pen., Pierce (and the pierce passives, perhaps), PCoC, Spell Echo and one more (Faster Casting / Empower 3+ / Increased Duration / Life Leech). The tree would be quite different, but it works.
Obviously, with a Drillneck.

Edit: After hours of pissing away my currency trying to make this build work with Spark, I'm done. This build is interesting, but is expensive as hell and not really as good as any other builds that have this kind of cost barrier. Maybe I suck with spark, or maybe spark is just a shitty skill. I'm no expert and tend not to over-think these things. All I know is that I bought a bow for 17ex and now consider it the biggest mistake I've made in torment league.

Don't be me. Follow the original build.
Last edited by Sofunk on Feb 8, 2015, 8:03:31 PM
Whats the big deal? Just use Arc then?
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
After I adjust my passives and gear.
Now, my choas arc Lv 86.
Es 4699
I got 21K without power charge and 30K dps with 7 power charges.
Last edited by s10012238 on Feb 21, 2015, 2:38:33 PM
Revisited the build today. Lost some DPS passives (the Templar's Circle on the left), added Life and Mana Regen passives.

Can now sustain AA 21 even in half regen maps if I play right, and Life is ~5250. DPS is "only" 25K or so with PCoC + Crit Multi, or 22K with Culling Strike 20/20 instead (but Culling, so about the same...).

Spoiler
In other news, 2 interesting things... The Art that won the contest was of a build like this one, yay. And it seems botters and other creeps are using this build, since it's so simple to use, less yay.

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
Last edited by CantripN on Feb 26, 2015, 11:53:06 AM
Yo,you did some fantastic work,really nice build.I have few questions for you:
1:So with VoltRift your spell damage scales with Elem/Light/Chaos passives nodes,right?
2:Lightning penetration,lightning leech works with Volt?
3:What do you think about Ball Lightning+Blind(which works with BL) plus new quiver Maloney's Nightfall
(which increases damage versus blinded enemies)
Thanks,waiting for your answer!
IGN:Niaxe
Great build. Leveling right now.
"
Niaxe wrote:
Yo,you did some fantastic work,really nice build.I have few questions for you:
1:So with VoltRift your spell damage scales with Elem/Light/Chaos passives nodes,right?
2:Lightning penetration,lightning leech works with Volt?
3:What do you think about Ball Lightning+Blind(which works with BL) plus new quiver Maloney's Nightfall
(which increases damage versus blinded enemies)
Thanks,waiting for your answer!

Thanks!

1 - Yup.
2 - Nope.
3 - It might work, but I doubt losing a support gem is worth it. I'd use a Rearguard with BL if you want to work that way, or a Crit Quiver if you don't care about safety.

Last edited by CantripN on Mar 15, 2015, 2:42:38 AM
Will you be updating this for 2.0? im very interested in this build and would love to compare the tree i come up with and urs (im really bad atm)
"
zigui98 wrote:
Will you be updating this for 2.0? im very interested in this build and would love to compare the tree i come up with and urs (im really bad atm)

I will. Eventually :D
So much stuff to try out first...

However, the new The Consuming Dark (dagger) might be better for this concept in 2.0. We shall see.

Last edited by CantripN on Apr 11, 2015, 11:11:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info