[2.1 Ghazzy - Summoner Guides] High Budget Builds

I can't seem to work out what's better now: the PoH or the +3 staff.

With the PoH we have an extra gem to play with for DPS but now that the spirits do less damage, it is better to sacrifice the extra gem for the +3 levels on a staff?
"
Mivvi wrote:

With the PoH we have an extra gem to play with for DPS but now that the spirits do less damage, it is better to sacrifice the extra gem for the +3 levels on a staff?

+3 Staff has always been better than PoH. Compare a 22% cast, +3 gems, + mana + mana reg staff to PoH.. 1000 times better. Even with lower cast speed like 9%, its still better overall. And now that spell echo SEEMS to be worse than another dmg gem, PoH is even worse, since cast speed is less effective now.

Even if the diffrence is not large, if you like to minmax your build then you should go for +3
"
kuling12345 wrote:
"
Mivvi wrote:

+3 Staff has always been better than PoH. Compare a 22% cast, +3 gems, + mana + mana reg staff to PoH.. 1000 times better. Even with lower cast speed like 9%, its still better overall. And now that spell echo SEEMS to be worse than another dmg gem, PoH is even worse, since cast speed is less effective now.

Even if the diffrence is not large, if you like to minmax your build then you should go for +3

Well if the one guy is right, it won't be anymore! lol...he seams to think they did a 60 to 70% table nerf, and changed effectiveness from 70% to 100% "doesn't show on gem, which means it the default 100% now" to favor ele scaling and added dmg rather than what we are used to "phys scaling" so wrath, anger would be better than hatred and haste...supports like added lighting, chaos, and such would pull ahead...waiting for a mind better than mine to confirm before I start going through the painful color switch.
So which mods should i craft on my +3 staff? cast speed useless now im guessing?
Has anybody done a bit of testing with wrath instead of hatred? Forgot to give it a go last night...

As several people have mentioned already, if the spirits are doing less damage individually, it may be more effective to give them extra flat damage as opposed to a percentage increase.

Edit: ah yes we can't use Wrath because of EE... I guess there's no other option to go with other than Hatred then.
Last edited by Mivvi on Dec 13, 2015, 9:55:15 AM
The SRS damage is out on Poe Database:
New SrS damage at:
lvl 20: 318-741 average 529.5
lvl 28: 697-1,624 average 1160.5

Old SrS damage at:
lvl 20: 536–1,250 average 893
lvl 28: 1,176–2,744 average 1960

so basically the base damage got nerfed by 59%

So we're safe to say that Anger/Wrath is better than hatred now?

Edit:
Nvm, can't use Wrath unless we drop EE.
Last edited by dOntFa11 on Dec 13, 2015, 1:35:36 AM
Meh
Last edited by justinmm1988 on Dec 14, 2015, 5:07:33 AM
"
Taxi_Driver wrote:
"
Rinkeil wrote:

currently i can cast 44 spirits without v haste and 50 with most likely could cast somewhere around 70 with v haste thanks to the insane cast speed buffs we got

Lying ain't good. Either that or you are totally clueless about SRS. Cap is 50, so what's the point talking about an unreal limit?

The build works, and still decent overall. However, for a build that damage is its pivotal, strongest point, the lower damage (quite significantly lower) is a clear turn-off.

has you notice i did say "most likely could cast somewhere around 70"
has we all know the limit is 50 atm however considering the amount of skill duration/cast speed inc we did get with the patch if they raised the cap of spirit able to be out at the same time i Think i would hit that amount

so i'm sorry if i offended you in anyway but i really don't like been called a lier either

anyhow i hope this cleared the missunderstanding between ous and have a great day
"
The SRS damage is out on Poe Database:
New SrS damage at:
lvl 20: 318-741 average 529.5
lvl 28: 697-1,624 average 1160.5

Old SrS damage at:
lvl 20: 536–1,250 average 893
lvl 28: 1,176–2,744 average 1960

so basically the base damage got nerfed by 59%

So we're safe to say that Anger/Wrath is better than hatred now?

Edit:
Nvm, can't use Wrath unless we drop EE.

mind me asking is this data mined information or information that ggg themselfs released if so i'd love a link

not that i'm doubting you but has we all know when people attempt to datamine information it usually is false or incorrect due to some issues they are faceing

Hey guys, as many of you know i'm not YET a fulltime streamer which causes me to be limited in my schedule to do things.

I am currently running the most overpowered hilariously stupid Essence Drain / Contagion build on stream.

However, a few words about SRS:
THe gem setup seems to be the same minmaxed as displayed in my guides, the 2 changes you should be making are these:

1) Remove 1 inc duration cluster (I'd recommend spending these extra points towards jewels and/or mana cost reductions/mana/mana regen to sustain the cast.
2) Prio of jewels are now: Minion Damage > Spell Cost Reductions > Cast Speed

Keep in mind, if you are hitting 50 spirits without vaal haste you have probably both inc duration clusters and/or cast speed on the tree as well. DON'T!
If you hit 50 with vaal haste running its "okeyish" but from the looks of it running around 45-48 spirits during vaal haste seems optimal.

Also; If you are able to grab ELREON rings for reduced cost it will be extremely helpful for the builds optimization.

Further notes: High Budget Build is still Uber Viable. Thank you Rinkel for extensive testing and minmaxing in my abscense.
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info