[2.1 Ghazzy - Summoner Guides] High Budget Builds

"
myhades wrote:
Greetings, Ghazzy.

I do not have a full comprehension of all auras interactions, but in my head, it feels like Anger will make Spell Totem trigger EE with +25% Fire Res/-50% Cold Res/+25% Lightning Res.
Since you have Generosity supporting Anger, I think it would be more effective to self cast Arc or Ball Lightning, triggering EE with -50% Fire Res/-50% Cold Res/+25% Lightning Res.

Am I missing something?

Yes you are. Totem is an extension of you...
Since anger is with generosity your totem will not benefit from anger.
Care because if anyone else is using anger in your party, then arc+totem
will give -50cold and +50fire&Lightning res. Same applies if u self cast.

The point os using arc+totem is to avoid losing time to cast arc
while you cast srs, maximizing our dps.

Hope that helped, gl.
Ight bois, might have got one of the best fire staff cast speed jewel and I sort of need help pricing it since I couldn't find anything similar anywhere.

The only thing that somewhat bested it was a 12% cast speed with 6% es recharge rate.

It aint minion damage I know but still this thing basically gives you an extra 2-3 SRS. (I went from 26/27 to 30.

Much appreciated if you reply.
"
Wyra wrote:
Ight bois, might have got one of the best fire staff cast speed jewel and I sort of need help pricing it since I couldn't find anything similar anywhere.

The only thing that somewhat bested it was a 12% cast speed with 6% es recharge rate.

It aint minion damage I know but still this thing basically gives you an extra 2-3 SRS. (I went from 26/27 to 30.

Based on my own calculations, you can consider 8% cast speed nearly equivalent to 15% minion damage in total POTENTIAL dps. However, remember that SRS has a 50 minion cap and after you reach it, additional cast speed does not equate to any net DPS increase, only faster acceleration. At that point, your jewel MIGHT be worthless if you can manage 50 minions without it at which point, minion damage wins out.

It really depends on what your needs are.
Hey Ghazzy, have some feedback on your build as I've done my own extensive testing...but first a question about your build (low-life specifically). I don't see how you can work out using Animated Guardian with all the gem link setups as compared to a Hybrid build, you need Blood magic, Anger and Discipline which takes away from using Animated guardian/curse spectre. From your gear/gem list it looks like there's no way to effectively use those things without significant risk of killing the guardian.

Also...I've found out that Pledge is not actually best in slot at all. In fact, if I were to switch to pledge, I'd have around 1.9m dps loss even with the extra gem slot. This is mostly due to the mistake that Culling strike is used rather than Melee damage on full life. The only advantage pledge has is that you can get that extra slot just for culling strike, and Culling doesn't come close to having 4 more gem levels on SRS. The difference in damage became extremely significant once I was able to reach the 50 minion cap where other sources of minion damage begin to far out-scale pledge.

I'm now testing/questioning the DPS of a low-life build because I'm starting to realize that it's possible Hybrid ends up doing more damage than this build because Anger aura is over-estimated. With Hybrid, I have hardly any need for investment in life/ES defenses compared to low-life and I'm able to get a 12th jewel. Plus because it's so easy to incorporate cursing spectres + animated guardian with gem link setups, I can easily reach 9.1m theoretical DPS. I'm having a hard time trying to make a comparable setup on my low-life build but I will keep working at it to see if it's possible.
Answers
"
Just coming back after a very long break, but I have always loved summonses and your build sounds great to me. I did want to ask with the 3 keystones you mention the flame sent as the go to. My question is how do I get a higher level corpse? I know I could summon with desiccate but doesn't it still match it to the map level. I.E. Map is level 50 but my desecration is say 64 won't it still only summon a level 50 spectre? Also with echo in spectre it summons twice so high potential to summon something I don't want. Any way around this? I've been using corpse explode to slim down the options. Please any advise I would appreciate.

Hey,

The spectres will always downscale to what ever lvl you enter with them and/or summon them in, they will never scale back up again. Only way to gain higher is to pop a map with that lvl but they will as i said, scale down later when you enter next map.

You can remove the Echo gem when you are summoning them and then re-equip it afterwards, they will still benefit from it but the summoning process isn't as tedious! :)

"
myhades wrote:
Greetings, Ghazzy.

I do not have a full comprehension of all auras interactions, but in my head, it feels like Anger will make Spell Totem trigger EE with +25% Fire Res/-50% Cold Res/+25% Lightning Res.
Since you have Generosity supporting Anger, I think it would be more effective to self cast Arc or Ball Lightning, triggering EE with -50% Fire Res/-50% Cold Res/+25% Lightning Res.

Am I missing something?

Generosity Auras do not affect spell totems, they are not counted as allies, they are a reflection of yourself hence why EE is working on them and not minions, same goes with auras!

"
Fallenlord92 wrote:
heyy ghazzy how much minion damage is needed for uber atziri ... currently i have 205% minion damage wid 6 jewel slots in tree

This build guide is used for optimized minmaxing builds. So i do not know the minimum requirement to do it with, that is not the intention of this thread. However, as long as all your jewel slots has a minion damage modifier on them and you follow the buildtree you should be fine with proper gearing.

"
Wyra wrote:

I would always value Minion Damage over quad cast speed. Its simply worth more :/

"
Radjehuty wrote:
"
Wyra wrote:

Based on my own calculations, you can consider 8% cast speed nearly equivalent to 15% minion damage in total POTENTIAL dps. However, remember that SRS has a 50 minion cap and after you reach it, additional cast speed does not equate to any net DPS increase, only faster acceleration. At that point, your jewel MIGHT be worthless if you can manage 50 minions without it at which point, minion damage wins out.

It really depends on what your needs are.

Due to limited time i will have to be blunt here;
Your calculations seems to be inaccurate, are you taking in to consideration that cast speed hits a diminishing return where you need 10% cast speed to gain 0.01 sec faster casting on your SRS? Minion Damage will always be the highest valued stat on jewels for any minions.

"
Radjehuty wrote:
Hey Ghazzy, have some feedback on your build as I've done my own extensive testing...but first a question about your build (low-life specifically). I don't see how you can work out using Animated Guardian with all the gem link setups as compared to a Hybrid build, you need Blood magic, Anger and Discipline which takes away from using Animated guardian/curse spectre. From your gear/gem list it looks like there's no way to effectively use those things without significant risk of killing the guardian.

Also...I've found out that Pledge is not actually best in slot at all. In fact, if I were to switch to pledge, I'd have around 1.9m dps loss even with the extra gem slot. This is mostly due to the mistake that Culling strike is used rather than Melee damage on full life. The only advantage pledge has is that you can get that extra slot just for culling strike, and Culling doesn't come close to having 4 more gem levels on SRS. The difference in damage became extremely significant once I was able to reach the 50 minion cap where other sources of minion damage begin to far out-scale pledge.

I'm now testing/questioning the DPS of a low-life build because I'm starting to realize that it's possible Hybrid ends up doing more damage than this build because Anger aura is over-estimated. With Hybrid, I have hardly any need for investment in life/ES defenses compared to low-life and I'm able to get a 12th jewel. Plus because it's so easy to incorporate cursing spectres + animated guardian with gem link setups, I can easily reach 9.1m theoretical DPS. I'm having a hard time trying to make a comparable setup on my low-life build but I will keep working at it to see if it's possible.

Again, limited in time here so will keep myself very short! I apologize for this!

The use of AG is more for maps rather than Uber Atziri and it is useful to go with him without any links what so ever, so simply remove one of the spare Vaal Aura slots for him instead. You only need 1 or potentially 2 Vaal Hastes during mapping with this build.

The pledge has been proved to be BiS in everys situation excluding blood magic mod, or this situation;
+3 using Multistrike that you can sustain during a Vaal Haste without any spare mana/mana regen and/or mana cost reduction nodes. Then +3 is better.
Culling Strike is only used if you have mana sustaining issues, if you do not, then Multistrike should be used as described in the guide. Reaching the 50 minion cap is impossible with the proper gem setup for this build vs Uber, however, if you plan on using Increased Duration gem you can hit it and that is optimal for damage output, however it is impossible to use Increased Duration in an effective manner vs the Atziri fight herself, the exception is the vaal Oversouls & Trio. So i will assume you are not using the gem set up displayed in this guide?

Anger has been buffed and even with the SRS nerf it is insanely effective. The Low life build will be able to make a ton more damage than the hybrid, a TON more. However, the actual need for that extra damage is questionable, this build guide was made for the ones who wants to go apeshit crazy insane with SRS, this is the way to do so.

If you still need me to respond to something or continue this discussion feel free to post again, like i wrote earlier, I am extremely limited in time atm so will do my best to keep responding on a daily basis!
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
"
Ghazzy wrote:
Due to limited time i will have to be blunt here;
Your calculations seems to be inaccurate, are you taking in to consideration that cast speed hits a diminishing return where you need 10% cast speed to gain 0.01 sec faster casting on your SRS? Minion Damage will always be the highest valued stat on jewels for any minions.

Thanks for the reply Ghazzy! I love the debates for SRS as it's so complex. No worries about the limited time. First to explain my statement here (As I very much agree with your statement), I'm referring to comparing POTENTIAL dps based on the calculator made by Matrixfactor. Basically, if with Vaal haste, you cannot reach 50 minions, then Cast speed has a potential DPS increase comparable to Minion damage IF you have enough of it. I've found that 14%-15% minion dmg is roughly equivalent to 8% cast speed If you're allowed to fully charge your SRS. However minion dmg should be priority of course because the damage effects are much more instantaneous as they hit harder starting at the very first cast. But I was only referring to potential.

"
Ghazzy wrote:
The use of AG is more for maps rather than Uber Atziri and it is useful to go with him without any links what so ever, so simply remove one of the spare Vaal Aura slots for him instead. You only need 1 or potentially 2 Vaal Hastes during mapping with this build.

I'm actually going to disagree with this statement because AG definitely is not strong enough in HP to survive high level maps. It's not worth running him if he dies and you have to constantly re-summon him with new gear all the time. I always give him 40% belly of the beast with HP/Res gloves/boots to res cap him and he survives insanely hard maps even at lvl 82 in Ambush rotos. I bring him to nearly every boss except Uber atziri and maybe Villiage boss with crazy mods. He can survive Uber but I don't risk killing him. Even still, with the available gem links, I can link AG, Spectre and Minion life together and they're extremely effective without me needing to ever pay attention to them. I actually sacrificed a vaal gem to link Empower to him for even more life. Without those links, AG just doesn't feel worth even mapping with him.

"
Ghazzy wrote:
The pledge has been proved to be BiS in everys situation excluding blood magic mod, or this situation;
+3 using Multistrike that you can sustain during a Vaal Haste without any spare mana/mana regen and/or mana cost reduction nodes. Then +3 is better.
Culling Strike is only used if you have mana sustaining issues, if you do not, then Multistrike should be used as described in the guide. Reaching the 50 minion cap is impossible with the proper gem setup for this build vs Uber, however, if you plan on using Increased Duration gem you can hit it and that is optimal for damage output, however it is impossible to use Increased Duration in an effective manner vs the Atziri fight herself, the exception is the vaal Oversouls & Trio. So i will assume you are not using the gem set up displayed in this guide?

First, I will say that my gem setup is: SRS + Echo + Minion dmg + Empower + Melee physical damage + Melee on full life (With splash swap for aoe)

Also, with this setup I am able to reach 50 minions with Vaal haste due to using 12 jewels in my tree all with some form of cast speed and minion dmg, some with reduced cost of skills. I also have 6 nodes with cast speed in them and a belt with 8% inc duration. Inc Duration gem I agree is not effective as you'd sacrifice a More multiplier gem and run in to diminishing returns real quick.

I ran dome calculations with matrixfactor's calculator and I can not create a scenario where Multistrike is ever better than culling strike or Melee damage on full life. Culling strike for me seems difficult to calculate because of the culling effect itself is difficult to interpret, but I've already discounted that gem as an option as my cast speed/regen issues allow me to omit that gem now. But comparing 50% More damage to Multistrike, I cannot create a situation where it actually beats this gem out unless you're on reflect maps, but this is not an issue for Uber. In terms of potential damage, Melee on full life is significantly greater damage than multistrike after it was nerfed.

"
Ghazzy wrote:
Anger has been buffed and even with the SRS nerf it is insanely effective. The Low life build will be able to make a ton more damage than the hybrid, a TON more. However, the actual need for that extra damage is questionable, this build guide was made for the ones who wants to go apeshit crazy insane with SRS, this is the way to do so.

Here comes the real debate for comparing low-life to hybrid. The actual effectiveness of Anger vs having more raw minion dmg. The difference comes from Low-life's NEED to invest in more Defenses than Hybrid does. I have very little investment in defenses as Hybrid as gear provides enough defenses, the only exception being against chaos damage which is not a problem for Uber. Your tree uses 1 less jewel than mine does AND it does not use the Minion damage node in the templar tree near ZO. That's 31% less minion damage. And because I'm hybrid, I took Devotion adding 3% aura effect and life, whereas your tree took Charisma so my build is only 3% less aura effect. it's less, but not by much.

The real question is, how much DPS does anger actually have? It's the only argument I can make for Multistrike since Anger doesn't scale off SRS damage itself, but rather by APS since it's flat fire and not like hatred. But using anger, you sacrifice a more multiplier and hatred does less as well as SRS's actual hit itself. But if I remember correctly, Matrixfactor even said his calculator is adding more damage than it should for Anger. But hopefully we figure out why that is. For now, Anger WOULD add 850k dps to me with my current gem setup, whereas each jewel adds around 400k dps. Because Low life requires investment in ES AND the light radius node, I'm forced to give up 1 jewel slot AND the minion damage node form templar, resulting in 800k loss. Assuming Anger is actually correct and not adding too much damage, that's only a 50k dps net gain IF I could make a low-life build reach 50 minions max as I have on my hybrid (which will be hard with 1 less jewel but still very possible).

I guess it comes down to comparing 31% minion dmg with Anger aura, and this is a very difficult question to answer with the mystery around just how much damage SRS actually do (as dev's haven't released this info for a VERY long time). But for now, assuming Matrixfactor has the most accurate calculator I can find, I cannot create a scenario where Multistrike actually pulls ahead of another 50% more multiplier gem, and I cannot create a scenario where Pledge actually beats out 4 more gem levels on SRS (Versus Culling strike or Multistrike as the extra support gem).

Thanks for the replies Ghazzy! If you want to see my setup and gear let me know if you have enough time(or motivation) to analyze! Will be happy to share.

Big wall of text for my limited schedule, awesome!
Honestly though, i love this! Thank you for getting back to us in this thread with such feedback, thank you!

When it comes to the defensive "needs" for the high budget build, it is a high budget build and uses nowhere near as many defensively increasing nodes as the hybrid build requires, the eHP pool is coming from your gear, not from spending extra points in the tree. I've also gone ahead and ignored the need of Arcane Vision and go for more jewels, the anger damage comes from APS as you said as it is not scaling of their actual damage, due to it being a flat damage increase on hit. a +3 staff is better as long as you can sustain all the gems required, Melee DMG on full Life is one of the absolute strongest gems used for the setup, however, vs bosses where SRS is in risk of taking damage it loses its value drastically so be weary!

Something to keep in mind as well is the difference between PoH vs +3 in the end game stage is extremely small, so honestly I would value it against the price of buying the actual staff, but if i am to play an extreme high budget build as displayed in this thread, I would do my utmost best to make my build sustain a +3 and if i can't succeed in reaching that stage (could be problematic in temp leagues) I would use a PoH without a doubt.
No problem, sorry for the wall of text but I wanted to address each point you made and of course... the words aren't just gonna up and leave so get back to it as you like!

As far as efficiency in budget, for sure PoH is a great bargain especially in new leagues. But I have noticed a massive decline in damage once you're capable of reaching 50 minions as my build currently is able to do. Whether the extra gem is Culling or Multistrike, though I don't think you'd never be able to use Multistrike with that mana cost and 6 supporting gems without investing at the cost of something significant.

As for Passives for defenses in Hybrid vs Low-Life, I'm actually arguing the opposite. It appears as though Low-Life is using a ton more compared to Hybrid because most of the Hybrid points are travel nodes. I have currently 4k life and 3.1k ES at lvl 100 and although that's not 9k+ es, the tradeoff is a lot of damage and some ability to flask it back in a pinch. I haven't felt a struggle with this healthpool and farm Uber as though it were a joke. Theoretical DPS maximum is currently at 9.1m according to Matrix's calculator.

Here's my tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAO4D7gSzCPQNfBbzFy8YPBhWGjgc3B0UHaodvh8YIvQksCY8KPoqTSycLOktqC9vL50y0TOHNZI8LT8nQYdFR0WdRnFKyEyzTblR-1IpU1JV4FcrV8lYWlltWfNakV-YZOdmVGaeakNqrGvbbAttGW6qbztwu3IPeA17w30Yf8aApILHgwmDX4PMhWCGs4hAiq-PGo9GkBGQVZMnlG-YrZrgm6GhL6IApqynCKh9qsSxkLQMtfK3PriTvSe9gr6AvorAGsBUwGbBxcrTzLzNFs8y0B_T-9i92RPfiuGI6QLquuvu7Bjsiu_r99f56PrS_gr-Sf6z

Using a 22% cast +3 staff. I don't think this is more defensive nodes compared to Low-Life is it?

For Arcane Vision, I only assumed you used it because of the tree you posted. But for Farming Uber explicitly, yeah I can see dropping it as it's 3 wasted passive nodes. But for mapping, sometimes it's nearly unplayable in my experience. Guess I'm not used to it.

Thanks again for the replies with your limited time. Thanks again also for actually getting me so interested in this build and theorycrafting it to hell! :D
"
Radjehuty wrote:
No problem, sorry for the wall of text but I wanted to address each point you made and of course... the words aren't just gonna up and leave so get back to it as you like!

As far as efficiency in budget, for sure PoH is a great bargain especially in new leagues. But I have noticed a massive decline in damage once you're capable of reaching 50 minions as my build currently is able to do. Whether the extra gem is Culling or Multistrike, though I don't think you'd never be able to use Multistrike with that mana cost and 6 supporting gems without investing at the cost of something significant.

As for Passives for defenses in Hybrid vs Low-Life, I'm actually arguing the opposite. It appears as though Low-Life is using a ton more compared to Hybrid because most of the Hybrid points are travel nodes. I have currently 4k life and 3.1k ES at lvl 100 and although that's not 9k+ es, the tradeoff is a lot of damage and some ability to flask it back in a pinch. I haven't felt a struggle with this healthpool and farm Uber as though it were a joke. Theoretical DPS maximum is currently at 9.1m according to Matrix's calculator.

Here's my tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAO4D7gSzCPQNfBbzFy8YPBhWGjgc3B0UHaodvh8YIvQksCY8KPoqTSycLOktqC9vL50y0TOHNZI8LT8nQYdFR0WdRnFKyEyzTblR-1IpU1JV4FcrV8lYWlltWfNakV-YZOdmVGaeakNqrGvbbAttGW6qbztwu3IPeA17w30Yf8aApILHgwmDX4PMhWCGs4hAiq-PGo9GkBGQVZMnlG-YrZrgm6GhL6IApqynCKh9qsSxkLQMtfK3PriTvSe9gr6AvorAGsBUwGbBxcrTzLzNFs8y0B_T-9i92RPfiuGI6QLquuvu7Bjsiu_r99f56PrS_gr-Sf6z

Using a 22% cast +3 staff. I don't think this is more defensive nodes compared to Low-Life is it?

For Arcane Vision, I only assumed you used it because of the tree you posted. But for Farming Uber explicitly, yeah I can see dropping it as it's 3 wasted passive nodes. But for mapping, sometimes it's nearly unplayable in my experience. Guess I'm not used to it.

Thanks again for the replies with your limited time. Thanks again also for actually getting me so interested in this build and theorycrafting it to hell! :D

I personally believe that at this end game stage the optimal DPS is so hilariously stupidly high that it really doesn't matter which one choses >,<
Having the Culling Strike can give a huge improvement thanks to the 10% cull effect which is LOVELY vs bosses! :)

Arcane Vision vs Mapping = get used to it, if youre not streaming just increase gamma on your screen and you're done! ;)

When it comes to calculating the low-life vs hybrid in terms of nodes I am not calculating travel nodes now, only the extra ones. Such as the 3 extra ES in the witch start for low-life, Arcane Focus, Unnatural Calm, those extra nodes together count up for: 9 points. Now this build also uses Arcane Vision so we can spare 3 points in to other stuffs here, however lets stick to the node counting...
Hybrid extra nodes (non travel nodes): Heart of Soul, Devotion, these 2 costs you a total of 6 points. HOWEVER, you are speccing in to the following: Discipline and Training, this node costs you 2 points, BUT it also requires you to take an extra route of 2 points to reach, which then with another extra point spent gives you; 5% cast speed. Now, that node itself is pretty, but it takes you 2 points to get in there, another one for the node, another 2 for the life, and then since you've already decided to take this route you might as well spend 2 more for the 15% increased minion damage, which obviously makes sense. But looking at the so called wasted points in this session to gain the benefits you could instead of spending a total of: 7 points, use them for jewels that gives you Minion Damage, cast speed, and even life if you so wish.

Afterall, it comes down to low-life vs hybrid in terms of defensively put nodes is ended by the fact of how you wish to play, you do gain more from the auras and the ammount of nodes being spent is a matter of personal preference, now, if you have a minion damage, life, cast speed jewel that would be more effecient than the route you've chosen there but it would also give less life. Point being, the low-life is requiring a tini tiny bit of less points spent in terms of defensive stats, whilst hybrid allows for flasks to be used. Problem for me with flask builds is that I want to get flask nodes to make the flasks actually worth using at high lvls. Again, a matter of taste.

After this long discussion I think we both can agree on the fact that no matter how you wish to play this insane build, it will always be up to you how you prefer to do it. SRS is stupidly strong and can be done with ease without optimizing everything.

And then again, this specific build is showing how you can get the absolute highest DPS'ing shit out there!

Hey, I am very happy you feel this way about my work & time spent towards this!
Stay safe, and hit me up with more questions if you wish, I'll answer as soon as i can, as always!
Yo Ghazzy dont know if you still check this, but why are those enlightens needed? i just checked all the auras you listed with the tree and stuff and i can run them, i have sufficient mana and life left even without the enlightens. could you elaborate?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info