Hall of Grandmasters Development Update 3

"
Aux wrote:
You forgot to post the video of the 2 million DPS low life spec thrower or the kamikaze 2m DPS cast on death discharge / firestormer!

So all you need to win is minions and punishment (or just, proximity bubble minions).
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Oct 8, 2014, 2:37:33 PM
You have to make a grandmaster player kills scoreboard. You simply must.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
"
JdKhan wrote:

Please stop the C R A P comments (like "stop wasting resources developing this") that dont even make sense ..

that comment makes perfect sense.

time spent on this is time not spent on other aspects of the game. so if you don't think it's a good idea then it's a waste of resources. however you're right, it probably does not constitute constructive criticism.

some people will enjoy this, but others won't, and it most certainly does not benefit the player base as a whole.

it's certainly more content that I won't be able to play, and won't even bother playing, but at the same time i think it's a neat idea.

edit: constructive criticism. how about scaling the difficulty in some way, maybe progressively as you go through the map ? i don't really see the point of a suicide map.
Last edited by plasticeyes on Oct 8, 2014, 5:23:36 PM
"

And I strongly doubt they've staff enough to do all three at once in the quantity and quality they deserve.

This is the way it is. Every time you think about bitching about an mtx taking away dev time, or feel that something like this 'Grandmasters Hall' is a waste of effort, remember: these are the things keeping this game afloat. Without them, there'd be no game to bitch about.

People bitch about the mtx's ? I like them ! Not that I buy a lot of them, but I do buy them, and they're fun.

And there's little doubt that they don't have enough people. Unfortunately this is evident in the game itself...
Is this the place to ask about Grandmaster implementation? I got a bunch.

I realize that our characters should definitely going to scale HP and Damage from what I'm thinking. With people doing hundred thousands of damage, normal health pools would just get completely destroyed in one hit. It would be nice to hear what kind of scaling happens.

Another thing, how does AI behave with all the different builds? If I only have immortal call as the skill, will they just keep spamming immortal call? I assume not, but if I build a character around that, I would like them to spam immortal call.

And does RF PVP scaling occur in Grandmaster Hall?

Thanks.

Oh yay! That looks awesome to see it in video form. I hope it's as brutal as possible!
First of all, its great to be back! Started playing PoE again after a leave of absence due to work commitments (Don't ever work for the National Health Service and try and be a gamer at the same time!).

Secondly and apologies if this has already been mentioned.

Is it possible to export our characters but make a request that the character wears a certain armor piece? For example i currently am playing a high DPS Lightning/Arc Witch build but my body armour piece isn't the one i want to be on the Grandmaster export (i have 4l 5slot Infernal Mantel equiped) but am trying to get hold of Shavronne's Wrappings.

Would it be possible for GGG to change the armour type for the export with the same slots, links and gems equiped? As a compromise make it the lowest possible roll for that armour? Or are you (meaning GGG) finding that the armours etc aren't really making a difference?

The reason i'm asking is because my build that i wish it upload has next to no survivability and the Shavronnes Wrappings which make it, in my opinion a more suitable build for a grandmaster.
Summoning Zombies from Stone and Bone since 2011
So I guess this thread isn't for support.

Do we email instead?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info