Race Season Nine Preliminary Information

"
PopeJo wrote:
remove corrupted areas for races, pls

I think this is a good idea.. Nothing like running around looking for the exit, only to find a corrupted zone.
IGN Ken__Kaniff
This sounds pretty cool. I am not so sure about the boss kill thing, maybe if it is it's own race that might be awesome.

"
Morsexier wrote:
If masters can be removed, why can't shrines\boxes\corrupted zones be removed?

+1
Last edited by terrex on Oct 6, 2014, 8:26:17 AM
HODOR HYPE!!!!!
Im new to the game and dont understand this completely.
So, there arent 3 Months Legaue's/Race's anymore?
Would of been better to do races in between leagues? This way you could fill the month break with something to do and still get 3 race season in a year.
Last edited by IamtheAxeMan on Oct 6, 2014, 8:49:37 AM
Just 1 week gap between this 3-month and the next? oO

Edit : Also this +1 ;

"
ekunholy wrote:
Definitely good news!

---
A bit off-topic: Can we have an update on 8/8 progress attached to one news per day? This could add some thrill for those with 5+\8 :)
IGN : Jovial
Last edited by yhateful on Oct 6, 2014, 8:55:46 AM
Dear GGG,

I hope, with the shorter seasons, reward balance is tailored to appeal to more players. The alt art unique requiring the most points should be achievable by more than 0.2% of participants.

The disparity has been pretty significant. The way you've been doing it is not exciting or motivating enough given that, season after season, we see 99% of participants fail to reach the 600 point reward (with somewhere around 95% failing to reach even the 135 point reward). I think many of us would like to see better rewards for the top 20% of players (rather than slanting everything so heavily toward the top 0.6%). Afterall, race participation has an opportunity cost (time you forgo farming or experience progression on a more efficient character or in a more efficient setting) - the potential reward for paying that opportunity cost has to at least appear accessible to much more than the tiniest fraction of players.

One potential solution is to adjust the reward structure for achieving a certain level to resemble a logarithmic function (meaning, the reward increases at decreasing rates, so you can award more at the low end).
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Oct 6, 2014, 12:44:07 PM
1 week challenge league.............YES!
In since 0.8.0
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kungfooe
"
A new type of race mechanic we're testing for Season Nine is an event where the ladder consists of the time it took for players to kill a specific boss (for example, Vaal Oversoul). This type of event encourages a completely different style of racing than we've seen so far.

Sounds promising :)
Take care out there.
Exciting stuff, keep being awesome, guys.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info