[1.2] Cold Hands - CoC + Cold Snap Bow Build (Endgame/Atziri)

Dinged 90 on my character and decided to record an Atziri run. Flawless Victory! No deaths, and really quick run.

Video will be posted in the guide itself, but heres a link for the lazy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59sGt13gp54&feature=youtu.be

Brief run down of some events/mistakes/notes I made:

1. Socketed Purity of Fire... never used it. Derp.

2. Bad potion management in the beginning of the Atziri fight sent me into a panic for a moment, but kept my calm and was able to burst through the split phase and regain my composure. Still had an out tho as I never popped Vaal Grace until later in the fight.

3. Idea - Multiple Vaal Grace socketed to pop one after the other in an Atziri fight... could make it easy mode?

4. Never try to whisper during an Atziri fight, you can see for a moment where my mouse hiccups because when I tried to CTRL+ALT to whisper the trader back, my PoE minimized.

5. Enjoy the Earth Wind & Fire.
Last edited by ARollingStone on Oct 8, 2014, 5:07:11 PM
Just Grove Alright?
kids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbFE90QKJIw
vs
adults https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzysxHGZCAU
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 business a-blazing but no more t-shirts
"
FullCust wrote:
Just Grove Alright?

I was hoping it would last longer so I could play Boogie Wonderland.
Last edited by ARollingStone on Oct 8, 2014, 6:56:55 PM
Can you please link your old gear before this end-game gear ? :D

Thanks.
I sold all my old gear off. Someone posted a rare bow on the last page that was similar to my old one. And instead of the gloves I used Maligaro's, and instead of Berek's Grip I just used a standard Res/Life/Cold Damage ring. Only the Windripper and Berek's Grip are expensive, a Doryani's Belt can prob be had for 30 or so chaos.
Last edited by ARollingStone on Oct 9, 2014, 12:26:48 AM
The defense tab where you display your ele resists, those are with Purity of Elements right? Which you don't always run? If this isn't the case, how are you able to get such high resists with your current gear?
What are your thoughts on using a corrupted +1 adds additional arrow quiver and using storm call in your cast on crit setup? Would mobs die before the stormcall even went off? I feel they would synergize well together because coldsnap would freeze the mob and that would keep it in place for the storm call to go off.
"
Gnomestapo wrote:
What are your thoughts on using a corrupted +1 adds additional arrow quiver and using storm call in your cast on crit setup? Would mobs die before the stormcall even went off? I feel they would synergize well together because coldsnap would freeze the mob and that would keep it in place for the storm call to go off.

I tried Stormcall in the early midgame (around mid 60s) and I felt that the mechanics of how it functioned just don't work well with CoC. Maybe if it was the ONLY spell you used it could work, but yes I feel the mobs would die before they ever get hit by stormcall. Although you are making me thinking of trying it as the Freeze of Cold Snap does lock them in place... I'll think about it!

As for +1 Additional Arrow. I see no reason why it would be bad. I just like the % boost to Accuracy that my quiver gives me! But I wouldn't say no to an additional arrow.

"
draconis228 wrote:
The defense tab where you display your ele resists, those are with Purity of Elements right? Which you don't always run? If this isn't the case, how are you able to get such high resists with your current gear?

Nope. I am cap resists without any Purity Aura. The only time I run purity auras is when I am facing Elemental Reflect, then I run Purity of Ice, or a specific purity such as Lightning or Fire for an Atziri run. It was in my hideout, which is Normal mode Resistances. To get my Merciless resistances you just need to subtract 60%
Last edited by ARollingStone on Oct 9, 2014, 12:34:12 PM
Another thing that I have been thinking, havn't been able to test yet if its enough:

Why not drop bereks grip (expensive) and your 2nd ring and use Thiefs torment. +30 LGOH and + 15 MGOH, you can forgo any mana/life leech nodes and gear and also you can avoid getting vaal pact entirely on the tree freeing up a considerable amount of points.

My original comment with +1 additional arrow corrupted quiver was to use that in place of LMP/GMP on tornado shot but I am not sure that is worth it.

Here's my tree, speced for projectile spells but could easily spec out of them for increased aoe in witch tree.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm42v6wguAdHtgxmOAF7Tfu96fXXnCv66Cpu743jrxKL8xVb6Z6DdDXfXh3Zbr38rOdRKfSF2MHzWim_ydveGzlFHjX2gnzH6wTONv-dUI_YFtfrrJP1NksLs1COS8__etMUwcV5FYqzdqJ2qbIxLeDY9OkLssOOEjAsOSLl8Y0Nd8hGWcNVCwwcef8aJ09-ElS6io3BSAv7w1cHzD8QqC4w2j_pJUZUgO3zz6hOe5RlVS-v1LR-4yrVIpJG0OGHiZJ3DCUyz-_UmlfIduZNQMK6zl5cWv9teQZZFfAMe_5MFQtD1H0GwklHZ

What you think?
Last edited by Gnomestapo on Oct 9, 2014, 2:20:34 PM
"
Gnomestapo wrote:
Another thing that I have been thinking, havn't been able to test yet if its enough:

Why not drop bereks grip (expensive) and your 2nd ring and use Thiefs torment. +30 LGOH and + 15 MGOH, you can forgo any mana/life leech nodes and gear and also you can avoid getting vaal pact entirely on the tree freeing up a considerable amount of points.

My original comment with +1 additional arrow corrupted quiver was to use that in place of LMP/GMP on tornado shot but I am not sure that is worth it.

Here's my tree, speced for projectile spells but could easily spec out of them for increased aoe in witch tree.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm42v6wguAdHtgxmOAF7Tfu96fXXnCv66Cpu743jrxKL8xVb6Z6DdDXfXh3Zbr38rOdRKfSF2MHzWim_ydveGzlFHjX2gnzH6wTONv-dUI_YFtfrrJP1NksLs1COS8__etMUwcV5FYqzdqJ2qbIxLeDY9OkLssOOEjAsOSLl8Y0Nd8hGWcNVCwwcef8aJ09-ElS6io3BSAv7w1cHzD8QqC4w2j_pJUZUgO3zz6hOe5RlVS-v1LR-4yrVIpJG0OGHiZJ3DCUyz-_UmlfIduZNQMK6zl5cWv9teQZZFfAMe_5MFQtD1H0GwklHZ

What you think?

I think Thief's Torment could be a viable replacement, though losing the second ring slot really really hurts for resistances and life.

Also, I see no reason to replace GMP with Tornado Shot as you get all the benefits of GMP with no downside, as GMP doesn't hurt Cold Snap or Arc. Question is, what would you replace GMP/LMP with if you got your hands on a +1 Arrow Quiver and/or bow?

I like the tree, though I feel the attack speed can be forgone if you ever get your hands on a Windripper.

Also I did a test run with a level 19 Stormcall, things die way to fast for Stormcall to ever hit, and I even took out Concentrated Effect to slot in Stormcall, thus my Cold Snap did a lot less damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info