Farming - The 300 ALT Challenge

All the runs I've posted results for were done on a Tornado Shot Ranger with the gear posted on page 2 of this thread. I think it's one of the fastest mapping chars out there. The damage isn't as high as other characters, but the run speed is insane. With Queen of the Forest armor, my average run speed in the maps is probably about 100% or so since the jade flask is almost constantly popped. That's the main reason I could finish the 300 Alt run in less than 3 hours of map time.

Kind of bored of that char though after playing if for a while, so I've switched characters to Cast on Crit. I hardly play the game now, maybe half hour a day or so, but I'll try to get another couple 300 ALT runs posted with the new char, see the speed difference.

It'll likely be quite a bit slower to finish the 300, but we'll see.
Takes money to make money, I suppose......

The only question I have to the OP is... Do you pick up all rares? Or just small ones to make less trips? (And I doubt it, but do you pick up blues too?)

Also, do you pick up all Wisdoms, all Whetstones, and all Scraps? And does this self-supply the Wisdoms you need?
I pick up most rares, usually just skipping the large two handed weapons that aren't the highest base damage types. My characters always have reasonably high IIQ / IIR so this usually gets me 4-6 trips per map to vendor the rares. I'll look closer at boots and jewelry, but most of the rest I just give a quick glance and them sell em quick so I can get back into the map.

I don't pick up whetstones, scraps, or wisdom scrolls as they are way too cheap to waste time on. I buy wisdom scrolls for 200 per chaos, and the time saved more than pays for it.

Sometimes I use the chaos / regal recipe depending on my mood, but most of the time I don't. I've found boots and rings that i think in the long run are worth more than the chaos / regals from the recipe. Maybe that's just my RNG though, but all of my jewelry is self found and I'm glad I didn't just unid sell them for a couple chaos.

well for maps that makes sense since you have a shot at higher base items . chaos recipe is really only for crushing dominus
Character: Crit Dual Totem - 89% IIQ / 78% IIR

Maps ran: 21 + some daily missions, mostly alced em, but some was magic
2x74
4x68
4x67
3x73
4x71
1x70
1x69
2x72
Chance - 16
Chromes - 104
Alchemy's - 14
Jewelers - 83
Fusing - 16
Glassblowers - 6
Chisels - 12
Scouring - 5
Regals - 1
GCP - 2
Vaals - 4
Chaos - 3
Exalted - 1

Maps: 9x66, 8x67, 5x68, 3x69, 2x70, 3x71, 1x72, 2x73, 3x74
9 rare jewelry for chaos/regal recipes

DECENT DROPS :

ESTIMATED TOTAL: 311 Alts + almost 2 Ex in currency + 1 pure Ex + 36 maps + some decent items

TIME: Approx. few hours per day (after work) for 4 or 5 days.
"
Maps ran: 21 + some daily missions, mostly alced em, but some was magic
2x74
4x68
4x67
3x73
4x71
1x70
1x69
2x72

You hit 300 ALTS after only 21 maps and a few zana missions? That's gotta be a new record. It seems my character does them faster, as it usually takes me less than 3 hours of gameplay to finish it, but man your character seems efficient.

I've always said IIQ is better than IIR. Unless you have crazy good RNG, I guess your run proves it. A few dozen % higher IIQ, and it's noticeably fewer maps required.

I should spend some currency and try to get my IIQ up to 100%
Last edited by VixTrader on Mar 27, 2015, 6:07:35 AM
Well - since the goal was to get 300 alts, I utilized my portals as effective as possible, selling even blue items (specially jewelry since it takes little space in inventory). Also - daily missions from Zana (i think there was 3 or 4 I completed over the course) - well, you know - thats like an extra map. So u can caount it rather as 24-26 maps. And e - IIQ is crazy stat (much better than getting shitloads of crappy uniques with high IIR), but I think its best to use them in tandem anyway. Btw, how many map drops u have? I think IIQ affect maps drop quite alot. If u run map with 70 IIQ, then u add ur 80 IIQ, thats like 150 IIQ for every mob, then u can throw in IIQ gem (which I dont use currently cause I have no 6 link yet) and get ur awesome 200 IIQ, gonna be very efficient. As for alts - u basically will get more rares with IIR, but with IIQ u will get also alot more alts,transmutes and augs drops. I think I got around 20-25 alts just from vendoring augs and transmutes.
Last edited by RetardedPaladin on Mar 27, 2015, 11:48:52 AM
Fastest clear speed
Spoiler
i have a question

when you post jewelers/chromatics you mean drops or 'vendors' as well?

because for me both chromes and jewelers are not that common

(this question applies also to gcps/chisels but to a lesser extent)

K - 67 rare (around 70IIQ) sewer. 16 alts, 8 chromes, chaos, scouring, some transmutes and augs, some rare jewelry for chaos recipe, 1 chance, 2 66 maps, 6%q gem. Thats just ONE 67 map, with no pack size or double boss/beyond mods. Definetely worth it.

Gotta run 3 unid blue maps now, see what we can do there.
Last edited by RetardedPaladin on Mar 27, 2015, 1:49:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info