Build of the Week Season 3 Episode 5: Hegemony's Era Crit Knockback Staff Duelist

"
fgcewoud wrote:
It does work. I've been playing cleave, sweep, cyclone and other melee builds. Tested all of them. There is no reason why it shouldn't work.

Spoiler
Unless my gameclient is bugged and somehow I hacked the game in some miracle way.

It doesn't actually. All weapon range affects is the distance between you delivering a single target blow to a mob. Only that and cyclone range, everything else takes into account the implicit gem's range radius (gslam 35, sweep 20, etc etc) and multiplies that by your AoE multipliers. (there is, unfortunately, no stage in which radius is added to weapon range from master of the arena before multiplication, which should be how it works. Sad times!)
"
Wang_Jouster wrote:
"
Wang_Jouster wrote:
Is enhance supposed to work with increased duration? Enhance reads - "Increases the quality of active skill gems"

The way in which it is worded suggests that it does not work with support gems, as support gems are passively effecting an active gem.

Guess I'm going to start leveling enhance, as I was deciding between enhance and another gem for my 6th linked but decided against enhance based on the belief that it would only give quality to the active skill gem.

Anybody?

As far as I was aware, enhance, enlighten and empower all worked on the supported active skills but not on the other supports. I haven't heard it change, so I too am confused, and would be rather surprised if they changed it.
"
lucksickle wrote:
"
fgcewoud wrote:
It does work. I've been playing cleave, sweep, cyclone and other melee builds. Tested all of them. There is no reason why it shouldn't work.

Spoiler
Unless my gameclient is bugged and somehow I hacked the game in some miracle way.

It doesn't actually. All weapon range affects is the distance between you delivering a single target blow to a mob. Only that and cyclone range, everything else takes into account the implicit gem's range radius (gslam 35, sweep 20, etc etc) and multiplies that by your AoE multipliers. (there is, unfortunately, no stage in which radius is added to weapon range from master of the arena before multiplication, which should be how it works. Sad times!)

I've noticed multiple times where I was using cleave, that with master's of the arena I got a better AoE. Every single time.
"
Finkenstein wrote:
Hi

Cool a sweep staff build haven't seen one of those in ages and still using immortal and enduring cry, classics.

My only question is what was the attack rating on that character? below 70% chance to hit?
Higher attack rating= better critical chance.

cheers

I think it was 84% Check the author's thread for the build you can find the stats there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info