1.2.3 Patch Notes

"
Haias wrote:
"
Frajmando wrote:
You guys are fucking assholes, complaining that 2ex is expensive for 2 mods.

Do you guys even remember the times before masters? Getting the 2 exakt mods you wanted could cost 100 ex. (eternals + ex)

Please just stfu and be happy, it's a good patch.

Says player who have all his characters in standard except of few which are under lvl 30. Keep your foul tongue behind shut mouth .
As i said before master's crafting becoming not an option for average player who prefers temporary leagues, have job and cant play in " no life" mode

Shhh mentioning standard can anger the wrath of the mods.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Still a nerve of the cartographer box is anything, my friends and I do not manage a play in these conditions, the droop rate of maps is broken completely, having to buy maps again it is normal but it does drop no map this become really painful to play under these conditions, the price and the level of certain master are abused to do something good and the economy of current leagues is broken completely.
In short, this sucks.

(🌸°__°)
Mirror service thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1743892
"
Gallote_CHC wrote:
"The price of the "of Crafting" mod (which grants the ability to have multiple crafted mods) has been changed from one Divine Orb to two Exalted Orbs."

Congratz flippers/no-life trade chat campers/mega rich ppl (12hr non stop playing per day) you did it again. (ggg fix elreon I cant overprice my items on trade chat)

I Played self-found with my brother since the start of nemesis league. In this new patch (Forsaken masters) we are having 10 times more fun than the other leagues we played.. getting fun identifying items then checking their prefix/suffix on wiki and saving them for upgrade when we can finally have our elreon 8. Ten times more fun because we had a goal..we had a real motivation for playing...because 1 divine is an achievable goal ...damn I was so excited for leveling my elreon from 7 to lvl 8 and that way make our gear progress for facing high level maps bosses (77+) and why not even a try to atziri.

To be honest 1 divine (12c or so) is a low price for such amazing mod...but 2ex?! why not doing it 70-80c that way we can use the chaos recipe effectively ...because we know that flippers/no-life traders will rise the exa:chaos just camping the trade chat all day trying to buying them all.

As usual.. a face punch for casuals and self-found players.

Dissapointed.

@Nervantoss quote:
"Casual pisse me off really, they ruin balance on each game, want something that you can you finish after 2 day to say "it's was easy lol".

thats not the point at all. NO ONE is asking something like that.Even more..trying to hit a lvl8 elreon is a looong way. If ggg wants to make it 2ex ...well ok.. BUT do it in chaos instead..80c will be a good idea since we can use the chaos recipe. My problem isnt the 2ex..is the fact that ill have to deal with the damn trade chat to buy 2 overpriced exalts.

English is not my native language. Hope u guys can get what im trying to say.

Edited: grammar :P

this, ALL OF THIS is exactly why there has to be an auction house. ggg could make it 4 ex then rather than 2 and it still (!) would be effectively cheaper to obtain the craft

if everybody is trading (which people will do once it's easy and time-saving), prices will fall and everybody who is at least a little bit dedicated can afford to at least see all the content! rich people would still be rich (because of more dedication/time to the game), so everybody wins (ggg wins because more stash tabs are sold)
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
So much salt in this thread...wow. I have never seen such mass whining in a PoE thread.

FFS 2ex is still pennies to pay for such an amazing mod. Let us all be honest with ourselves for a second here...that mod probably shouldn't exist. But, but, it does and GGG would play hell trying to remove it so they are doing the next best thing which is trying to make it less accessible and less abusable. While this is going to kill my profit train I completely agree with this change and still think it should be higher or somehow gated by RNG (main reason for the change is to stop the abuse of the mod).

People are buying ilv77+ items for 3-4c, rolling with some alts/regals (or using the granite flask recipe), applying a low cost Master crafting mod and selling for massive profit. 2-3ex worth of currency in and selling for 10ex (which is 50% less than the equiv bows pre FM)...c'mon...GGG did not intend for this patch to make a bunch of people money...it was to help provide access to usable end'ish game items to those that couldn't afford 10's of exalts. Providing a bridge for that gap that costs 2 exalts is fine. Making it cost chaos MIGHT have been better just because it is a directly farmable currency but I trust they chose ex for a specific reason.

One huge complaint here is that it is a huge slap to self-found. GGG can't keep everyone happy and balancing a multi-player game around self-found would be just dumb...sorry.

Carto boxes were broken. As a solo player chaining maps all the time I do see a few carto boxes here and there. I have spent 20+ chaos on a box in a 78 map. I have opened boxes after rolling only to see just a few maps drop and none equal level. I have also seen a group of 4 players in a structured map group open boxes with similar mods (either through SS or on twitch) and it rains maps on them. Mapping in a group requires the same number of maps as mapping solo SINCE ONLY 1 PERSON CAN LOOT THE MAPS. This change to cartos is not a nerf to partying and is technically not a buff to solo...it is simply a rebalance to make the availability equal to those playing both ways (again - since maps only drop for one person you should only base their rng on 1 person).

TL;DR - stop your whining...these are quality changes that needed to happen to balance the community as a whole. GGG doesn't have time to consider each and every persons unique situation but must look at the game from a macro perspective using stats that you are not privy to...so no you don't know better and yes GGG is doing it right...sorry.

EVERYTHING IS BETTER WHEN IT'S TACO-FLAVORED!
"
GGG, put a hand down your pants (maybe not you Bex). Feel any balls there? If so then fucking set every master from level 6 onwards to sell 1 Exalted Orb for a set amount of Chaos Orbs. Show some leadership and set a standard price for Exalted Orbs!! Set some damn concrete value on Exalted Orbs.

From what I have read here, the majority of players feel like they got kicked in the guts by you GGG!

However, anybody who watched State of Exile that featured Quarl and Rory this past Monday should have anticipated this Nerf to Eleron crafting. A GIANT BOO to zeno, ziggyd, and phox for not even questioning this action and talking more about it in stream. They most likely already got their uber items because they are famous streamers etc etc.

I play quite a bit but going to scale it back because if this Eleron shit. Brought a supporter pack because masters expansion sounded so good. Now shafted up the ass again by GGG I feel.

Never used one myself but GGG could learn a lot from RMT sites. RMT sites sell you a product that does what they say it will (as advertised). They don't turn around 5 minutes later and shaft you up the rear!!!

Like a lot of people I am deeply dissapointed by GGG's decision to increase Eleron's craft by so much.

On another note, I got my first Cartographers Strongbox this league this afternoon (roughly 300hrs over my 3 accounts). Level 72 map and got 9 maps, all level 68 and lower. I think those boxes are nerfed enough already. It's funny listening to zeno, Ziggy and phox circlejerk about how they break the game and need more nerfs.

Agreed completely. Going self-found makes you at the mercy of drops. You might NEVER see 2ex for the multicraft option let alone a divine. If they would just set a standard price at the vendor like alt/trans/fuse/jew's, they we would have something to work toward.
Does anyone at GGG seriouslyplay the game at all? 2exalts?! Really? Exalts are already scarce and their price is always increasing, now you wanna skyrocket them even higher? lol.......... I mean where are people supposed to pull the exalts from? All the other masters have a logical source to supply the currency: augs, alchs, chaoses, you can even buy them from the vendor with fair trades, everything flows nicely.

But you now you bust out the 2ex cost? Where do we get these exalts from which are already scarce? Sit in chat spamming WTB exalt for 5 hours? Fucking illogical GGG. WHY WOULD YOU USE EXALTS AS THE COST INSTEAD OF CHAOSES? EXALTS ARE ALREADY TOO FEW(ESPECIALLY IN NEW LEAGUES) WHILE CHAOSES ARE FLOODED. SUPPLY AND DEMAND GGG, DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT THAT IS? YOU'RE GOING TO COMPLETELY RUIN THE ECONOMY.

so bad GGG..
Last edited by woodyfly on Sep 26, 2014, 9:08:56 AM
"
Frajmando wrote:
You guys are fucking assholes, complaining that 2ex is expensive for 2 mods.

Do you guys even remember the times before masters? Getting the 2 exakt mods you wanted could cost 100 ex. (eternals + ex)

Please just stfu and be happy, it's a good patch.

Based on your statement why not revert back to before 0.9.2 when trading was done by dropping items on t he floor or when you can't even sell items to vendors? Or the time when there were no eternal orbs? In those days, you can even count the existence of 6L item with your fingers and probably worth a lot more in exalts than they are today. Patches and updates are meant to improve the game over time. Telling ourselves that everything pre-patch was terrible than before the patch and that we need to be more appreciative isn't going to help the game. What made the changes in Elreon's metamod bad was that it goes against what Forsaken Masters tried to fix.

The point of Forsaken Masters is to improve crafting by reducing RNG, making it more affordable to craft decent gear(not perfect), and allow a smooth transition of equipment. To counter the creation of perfectly crafted items from benchcrafting, we already have two things; grinding level 8 masters which takes a long time and no high tier mods available on the bench. Adding in extra cost at this point is unnecessary.

And the worse part? The ones who are mostly affected are self found players who do little to no trading. For them to find 2 exalts from natural drops will take a very, very, long time.
Last edited by Xenophobe on Sep 26, 2014, 9:15:44 AM
"
monkuar wrote:
"
Derpey wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
The price of the "of Crafting" mod (which grants the ability to have multiple crafted mods) has been changed from one Divine Orb to two Exalted Orbs.

Ohlook, another; "If you weren't lucky enough to abuse the hell out of this, then too bad!"
At least should have kept it for the rest of the league, since everybody else got their shot at abusing these crafting tables.

Now it's just ANOTHER; "If you're rich you can use this, if you're not have fun chaos-recipying"

Implying Solo Players will EVER get their shot at usinng this one crafting mod.

Could GGG STOP changing their game into a game for no-lifers only already? It's getting fucking ridicolous now.

Don't worry, they will continue to go on the State of the Exile podcasts and keep getting fed false information from the main streamers who play the game 24/7 and only represent about probably 5% of the actual player base.

That's one reason out of a batch I can think of, off the top of my head why these recent patches are getting catered towards a different playerbase then what we know. It's obvious too as we look over this thread and see people who spent thousands to support GGG, etc blatantly cuss them out. It's pretty sad, but those players are the real supporters, not the main streamers who are fueled by their ego's and viewers. Just because they're streamers doesn't make everything they say correct. In fact, just because they're a streamer shouldn't add any extra validity to their claims or suggestions as compared to just a forum poster like you or me.

But in the end, it's their game and they can run this show however they want. If they want to drive this game below the depths of Diablo 3's grave, they're on the right track. They need to step back, chill out and listen to the REAL community, feedback forum, players who were here from the beginning, etc. Not state of the exile Podcasts, not high viewer streamers, Ruler of Wraeclast users, or "high paying $ donors", etc.

Like I said in the beginning, the love of money is the root of all evil. And this can play a role in online action rpg games as well. If you want to follow advice from only Ruler of Wraeclast players, or high paying donator's, it's wrong and not only not fair for other players, but to the game itself. As these players represent a very small amount of the playerbase that is really irrelevant.

G'day! ShittyD here!
Today I'll introduce you how to destroy the game for self-found players!
Gosh, trading sure is fun! R-right?!

I really wish GGG could stop listening to these retards, I don't care if they are up in the league, they get there because they are Streamers, so people give them insanely good deals on items, or give it away to them for free.
They barely even hit the obstacle that a normal player would.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
Stun Threshold Reduction now applies to spells and secondary damage, as well as attacks.

You mean, after all these years... It never did?
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
"
Lando Casualrissian: "Upping the price to 2ex was never part of our agreement"

Darth GGGader: "I have altered the deal, pray I don't alter it any further"

:D

post of the year

respect man, respect
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info