2.3 Fakener (budget fake Mjölner) build - Trickster Version

Just curious as to why you decided to go after the Night Stalker passive instead of heading for say, Depth perception. Is it more important to make sure the dagger is critting than it is to have global crit?
"
Citruszinus wrote:
Just curious as to why you decided to go after the Night Stalker passive instead of heading for say, Depth perception. Is it more important to make sure the dagger is critting than it is to have global crit?

You gain a lot more crit by getting the dagger nodes as well as some valuable int travelling there.

I don't really see how you can compare the 2 passives?
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
dude, why dont y9ou just run herald of ice for the ee? would work great
really nice build, ty for the work.
Nice build! I'm currently leveling a templar with slightly altered skill tree and i'm already Spinning with CoC at level 40.

I'm not sure if starting as Templar made it a bit easier than with a Shadow but in any case it's working really good.

I've started using CoC at Level 31 with a Tabula and transitioned to a 4L Voll's Protector at 35. For now, i'm using a thief's torment which allows me to use my cyclone on mana and also keeps me on full life with the life on hit. (Got the idea from a guild mate)

As weapon, i'm using Ungil's Gauche which has only an ok atk speed and not a very good crit roll either but the 90% global crit probably make up for it because that way i already crit a bit with my spells even though so far i have only gotten the one hand crit nodes from the templar side.

In addition, i'm using maligaros, which of course helps too. (Just took them from my ranger for the time being, probably it would also work without it, though.)

The rest of my gear is basically crap: I'm using lioneyes paws (movement speed and dex/str, yay!), wurms molt (some life, a little cold res and some int i still need), goldrim (less worrying about my resists), a shield with some life and resists (bought that for 1alc) and an amulet with int, crit chance and life that i still had lying around in my stash.

Usually i take more time getting my gear together even while leveling but this time i just don't feel like its necessary since im already facerolling everything, have a decent amount of life and capped resists.

I'm optimistic that i will be able to level up to the point where i can start mapping without having to put much work or currency into gearing up and won't have to spend very much to progress after that point.

(In case i run into serious trouble on my way, i'm gonna update this post but i don't expect that to happen.)

tl;dr:
For leveling from scratch, a templar works good since you get AoE, 1h crit and life very early.
Starting at 35, you can start spinning, arcing and discharging with just a 4L Voll's (drop Blood Magic), Thief's Torment and Ungil's Gauche. It works really good at low levels already :)

Thanks a lot for this build, i'm looking forward to doing endgame content with it. =)
"
Mathil wrote:
"
Citruszinus wrote:

You gain a lot more crit by getting the dagger nodes as well as some valuable int travelling there.

I don't really see how you can compare the 2 passives?

Night stalker does grant more crit, but Depth perception is global, meaning it applies to all spells and attacks where as Night stalker only gives daggers more crit. Unless I am mistaken, thats how I interpreted it from the wiki any way.

@malvar: I have also been leveling this build, currently level 26. It has honestly been really easy. You start shadow and just use spells, I use ice nova for packs and fire ball for single target. I have only been using gear that I have found and still have nice clear speed and single target damage. I'm holding off on getting the dagger nodes until I can use cast on crit. Hopefully things will continue to go well.
I'm leveling a Marauder that is doing this exact build with some minor tweaks. Level 58 here.

Here is the tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEADkgPqxGWE54WvxkuGjglJyaVJ-0pTypNNZI8LT8nSshRTFM1VUtZ811JXfJh4mNDZ5tsFm6qcFJwVnDVe4x9W34zfr2Cm4LkhxmJ04qvjDaQEZAbkFWSfZf-mG-aE5u1pJGnhKxHrKq18rc-wBrDOsT2xq7KStSP2L3b1OOE5c_sOPxL_go=

I was able to transition into this build at Merc Ledge. It took quite a bit getting used to because your health goes down so quickly cycloning through the mobs.

I highly recommend having a granite and a jade flask handy as you will be getting hit fairly often as you cyclone through the monsters.

Before that I was leveling as a leap slam marauder and I was smashing everything just fine.
Last edited by Verminoth on Sep 29, 2014, 1:14:00 PM
LOVING THE BUILD!

Started CoCing at level 40. Lacked a little bit of health through cruel but that's just because I didn't want to waste time improving temporal gear. 55 now, finally using rat's nest! Resists all capped in merciless although only with purities. (But that'll be fixed as soon as I start getting "definitive" gear!)

3 aps and 52% crit chance without charges (71% with 4). Clearing ledge is a breeze :)

I also modified the tree a little, grabbing the three upper nodes in the ES wheel (instead of going through the EV and life wheels (still grabbed the 14% life node though, it's pretty insane)).

Now next goal is level 60 for these two toys I have collecting dust in stash.
Last edited by b0moodc on Sep 29, 2014, 3:02:41 PM
I respec my guy into this build and i am loving it. MY discharge and ice nova are only level 12 currently and im still running through maps. Current gear is

Tip for everyone, I believe OP went over this, But do NOT underestimate flasks. I have a topaz and a 2.4k health flask that both recharge on crit and they have both saved my life. Very very important. Thanks again for the build man 5 more levels till i get EE and will be doing serious damage.
"
b0moodc wrote:
LOVING THE BUILD!
3 aps and 52% crit chance without charges (71% with 4). Clearing ledge is a breeze :)

If you pick up EE that dagger will make mobs resistant to lightning. Just a heads up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info