2.3 Fakener (budget fake Mjölner) build - Trickster Version

"
Llght wrote:
Are diamond rings not necessary? I know it's hard to get accuracy life and res on a diamond ring and I want to know if it's worth getting them on diamond rings or just settle for normal rings with life/accuracy/res.

They aren't required in the way that a Voll's is required. It certainly adds more crit and that's always ideal but not crucial. However, that's not really the issue. 300+ accuracy, 60+ life, resistances on jewelry is not only hard to find but super expensive. Only 8 even exist on Rampage with just life and accuracy that high and only 2 even have resistances. Personally I'd prioritize life, accuracy, and resistances for rings, otherwise you won't get resistance capped. You're probably going to spend more for CoC 'perfect' jewelry than a 6L Voll's.

That being said, with full power charges I'm at about 87%ish crit strike chance which I think is more than effective in this build. Throw in 9% extra crit strikes from Assassins mark and I'm already capped. If I'm ever bursting at the seams of currency or see a cheap crit ring with equal stats I'll inquire about it but otherwise I can wait.
Last edited by Blood_Sail on Oct 10, 2014, 9:46:58 AM
Respecced into this build this week and am really enjoying it. Very effective build considering the relatively low cost (compared to those 400+ ex builds). Thanks for the guide!
Witch viable ? or other classes like scion ?
"
Pestpocke wrote:
Witch viable ? or other classes like scion ?

Scion is the closest you'll get to Shadow. Take the attack speed nodes or resist ones at the start to join back up to the main passive tree.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
Blood_Sail wrote:
"
Llght wrote:
Are diamond rings not necessary? I know it's hard to get accuracy life and res on a diamond ring and I want to know if it's worth getting them on diamond rings or just settle for normal rings with life/accuracy/res.

They aren't required in the way that a Voll's is required. It certainly adds more crit and that's always ideal but not crucial. However, that's not really the issue. 300+ accuracy, 60+ life, resistances on jewelry is not only hard to find but super expensive. Only 8 even exist on Rampage with just life and accuracy that high and only 2 even have resistances. Personally I'd prioritize life, accuracy, and resistances for rings, otherwise you won't get resistance capped. You're probably going to spend more for CoC 'perfect' jewelry than a 6L Voll's.

That being said, with full power charges I'm at about 87%ish crit strike chance which I think is more than effective in this build. Throw in 9% extra crit strikes from Assassins mark and I'm already capped. If I'm ever bursting at the seams of currency or see a cheap crit ring with equal stats I'll inquire about it but otherwise I can wait.

Using these

Both was bought in rampage for less than 15c each
Anyone can give me any tips how to craft a good dagger for this build?
Should I alt 1 good stat, regal 2nd and then go multiple mods or something else?
I'm running with this currently but it's a placeholder only I guess.
Alted the 1st two and regaled mana, meh.

Also any idea about going vaal pact with 2% leech?
Cheers
Last edited by countothreeandie on Oct 11, 2014, 8:24:50 AM
"
Anyone can give me any tips how to craft a good dagger for this build?
Should I alt 1 good stat, regal 2nd and then go multiple mods or something else?
I'm running with this currently but it's a placeholder only I guess.
Alted the 1st two and regaled mana, meh.

Also any idea about going vaal pact with 2% leech?
Cheers

If you don't have any other daggers at the moment, get attack speed bench mod onto it and use as temp.

I'm currently just chaos spamming daggers randomly but if I were to make one from scratch I'd probably go for spell dmg+crit chance (or attack speed) for alt/aug phase, hope to hit attack speed (or crit chance) with regal and then bench craft light leech. If you go with Elreon multimod you could craft spell crit and light leech.

Vaal Pact would make 2% life leech unreliable. If you want to go that route, you'll have to include life leech gem in your setup.
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
Gonna level up a new shadow doing this build.

"
Leveling: I didn't level this build but rather respecced a char with half a similar tree at level 85. If I were to level though it looks like crit dagger reave would be best. Grab a mightflay at mid 30s, don't forget to level your CoC gems alongside and pick up some of the melee passives around shadow too if you'd like. You can refund them later.

How about molten strike for leveling up? Then i won't need melee passives as that skill does 60% elemental damage.
Last edited by kompaniet on Oct 11, 2014, 1:57:10 PM
Would a Doryani's Catalyst work for this build? or is there a reason it's a dagger?
"
kompaniet wrote:
Gonna level up a new shadow doing this build.

"
Leveling: I didn't level this build but rather respecced a char with half a similar tree at level 85. If I were to level though it looks like crit dagger reave would be best. Grab a mightflay at mid 30s, don't forget to level your CoC gems alongside and pick up some of the melee passives around shadow too if you'd like. You can refund them later.

How about molten strike for leveling up? Then i won't need melee passives as that skill does 60% elemental damage.

You could level up with spells that would make good use of the starting ele nodes. Freezing Pulse at first, Storm Call later. Then later transition to dual ungil's spectral throw coc with prijectile spells like fireball or arctic breath (I did this around 45). Somewhere in 60s you can transition to cyclone coc.

"
eXidus wrote:
Would a Doryani's Catalyst work for this build? or is there a reason it's a dagger?

It's relatively slow, it doesn't have high local crit chance and sceptre crit nodes are crap. It's not impossible to use it but it's far from optimal.
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info