Solo players and their map pools

Now before getting flamed or told to just buy a new computer, id like to suggest a few things to improve experience for solo.

For the time being im stuck with this shit cpu thats is 4 years old, and no matter the upgrades i do, playing in groups is terrible for me.Yeah the game is unoptimized blah blah we all know that, thats not my point.

So solo is the only option for me, but why i should be penalized for doing so. When i get to mid 80s its just hard for me to keep lvl 75 maps and higher , i always run out of them and get down to 71s - 72s then i have to run those crap maps again over and over again. Despite zana's bonus quantity, cartos ( means shit if ur solo) and beyond mobs that spawn and give more loot, thats not enough. At average i run maps in 10-15 mins in most cases, killing everything, barrels, boulders, craters , chests, etc and thats just not enough.

So my suggestion is to make the boss of the zone have a guaranteed 1 map drop of the same zone you are in, just 1 is all im asking for, to keep things going on. Its frustrating when u run out of 74 and 75s and need to rely on 73s.

One could say , just buy the maps from other people, but why? They clearly get their map pools by just hanging in groups, usually running only 77s and 78s , then they sell their 75 and 76s to others, not only we are paying for their crap maps we also help them get rid of that stuff they dont want to run anymore.

I don't like the way maps work for solo players, but your suggestion means that getting just a single level 78 map makes all other maps obsolete.
This belongs in feedback, not here.

But, on the subject, devs already did a number of things to alleviate the issue. They increased map drops somewhat, introduced cartographer boxes and a map master, I think this is as far as they're willing to go, any more than this and it would become way too easy for party maniacs.

One thing that could easily be done is a new map mod that spawns only one portal to the map but gives a big quantity increase. You got only one shot at it and you can't play it in a party.

However, you should keep in mind devs want the game to be played in groups as much as possible so I got a feeling they wouldn't be keen to implement any kind of direct anti-grouping measure like that.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Sep 23, 2014, 7:36:13 PM
maybe no guaranteed drops after lvl 75 then, make the zana device map have a mod to have this guaranteed one and spawns only one portal, i cant be the only solo player in this game struggling to level , getting 1% exp in 70 maps at mid 80s and not feeling to play anymore because RNGesus isnt in your side

Agree with OP:

A remark: I believe the recent patch resulted in a change to party quantity
from 50% per person, to only 10% per person. (and 40 IIR)

given a 6 player map, this would only be 50% quantity.

only 50% quantity I say? yes. only... 50% is enough to make the difference
in map drops from sustaiing a 75 pool, and barely sustaining 72's

am I missing something here? is 50% really ruining everyone's day?
"
AgnosiousD wrote:
Agree with OP:

Afaik only the map's increased quantity is taken into account for other map drops.

The only difference sustaining higher level maps comes from the amount of currency invested per person: it's a lot easier to throw in 10 chaos per map in a 6man group than solo.
@Aelloon
what GGG needs to do is to un-nerf carto boxes;
they have over-nerfed them from being very good in ambush to being useless now.

if they revert them to be somewhere in the middle,
making them worthy once again,
that plus Zana missions will be enough to advance our map pool to the next tier
(which would be a sustainable pool of levels 74-75)
Even the unstoppable force can not break the unbreakable wall.
Last edited by myownclone on Sep 24, 2014, 4:46:29 AM
double post
Even the unstoppable force can not break the unbreakable wall.
Last edited by myownclone on Sep 24, 2014, 4:45:41 AM
"
Aelloon wrote:
"
AgnosiousD wrote:
Agree with OP:

Afaik only the map's increased quantity is taken into account for other map drops.

The only difference sustaining higher level maps comes from the amount of currency invested per person: it's a lot easier to throw in 10 chaos per map in a 6man group than solo.

I'm certain a full party gets more map drops than a solo player,
or is this an illusion? I am aware that quantity from gear, perandus blazon for example
does not effect map quantity. but players in the instance? I'm pretty convinced that
effects map quantity (effecting maps)

not 100% tho.
Any quantity bonus used to affect map drops up to a patch 0.10.something, but then they made it map quantity only. It was in patch notes.

Also, I seem to remember a short time when party quantity bonus was bugged into much higher values, no higher map drops were reported.

Anyway, the advantage of doing maps in a party isn't in more maps dropping, it's in safety, clear speed, and less currency investment per player.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info