[1.3?block nerf][1.2]Beyond - The Demon Hand Tank- Wings of Entropy Cleave -Beginner friendly/Cheap-

The Demon Hand Tank

1.3 UPDATE
dual wield block got nerfed,build is going to be less tanky but still Strong

Good Morning Exiled my name is PoJama and i've been playing Wing of Entropy based character since they got released.
I dodn't have much time to play this new league,so i came up with a really cheap/beginner friendly/semi-casual build that allow me to play all end-game content.
This build is really easy and fun to play but most important it's crazy cheap.
1 exalted orb should be enough to get all the "must have item" to make it works

- 58% block / 58% spell block (36% block/spell block after 1.3 nerf)
- 7-10k armor
- 6k hp @ lvl 90
- 20k+ dps 4linked cleave (40k+ dps on a 6link)
- able to solo almost every map mod/boss in the game

Offence-Stat

Defence-Stat

**Gameplay Video**

**Levelling**

- Let's start,really easy to level up, Cleave for aoe and Dual Strike for single target.

- Grace+Herald of ash as aura while levelling,remember to get 2% mana leech on gear,Wurms molt is the way to go.

- Ready to swing some Wings,when you reach act 3 merciless you should be able to run hatred+grace and have some mana free to spam your Cleave.

- Goal for End-Game is to get a 5-6L Wings of Entropy and a good Belly of the Beast,if you want more HP a Kaoms heart is also a really good but expensive option

**Deal with the bandits**

-Normal: Help Oak (+40 base life)
-Cruel: Help Kraityn (+8% attack speed)
-Merciless: Help Oak (+1 max endurance charge)

**Key Item + Poe.trade Link for easy shopping**

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1-2% mana leech on ring or gloves

2% life leech on ring or gloves

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wings Of Entropy

Awesome unique, +10% block + 25 %spell block and decent damage ,really cheap in beyond right now 3-5 chaos orb

Stone of Lazhwar

+50% spell block is a Must have item for this build,just get a bad rolled one for 1-2 chaos and your're good to go
Poe.trade-Lazhwar-Beyond

End-game goal is to get a good rolled Lazhwar

- Offensive Lazhwar +7-8% atk speed
Poe.trade-Atk-speed-Lazhwar-Beyond

- Defensive Lazhwar +3-4% block
Poe.trade+%block-Lazhwar-Beyond

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rainbowstride

Great boots, 20-25% block spell +20%mov speed +20all res
Poe.trade-Rainbowstride-Beyond

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Belly of the Beast

as chest piece i'd recommend using Belly of the Beast ,but you can use any chest with 80+ life and res if you can't afford a Belly
Poe.trade-Belly-of-the-Beast-Beyond

Auras
- Hatred
- Grace

Self Buff
- Blood Rage
- Vaal Haste

Skill

- 4L: Cleave - Multistrike - Melee physical dmg - Concentrated effect 5L Added fire damage 6L Faster atk

- 4L Leap Slam - Faster atk - Enduring Cry - Blood Magic

- 4L CWDT LVL 1 - Immortal Call lvl 3 - Vaal Haste - Increased Duration lvl 20

- 4L CWDT LVL 1 - Warlord Mark lvl 5 - Enduring Cry lvl 5 - Increased AoE lvl 20 -

-3L Reduced Mana - Grace - Hatred

- Blood Rage (Use it when you have 5.8% life regen and atleast -20% chaos res,it's a good dps boost and life leech with quality can go up to 10%,..remember NOT to use it on half-regen and no-regen map)

Passive-Tree-Breakdown
Health

211% increased maximum Life
80% increased Life Recovery from Flasks
62 to maximum Life
5.8% of Life Regenerated per Second

Mitigation

62% increased Evasion Rating
50% increased Block Recovery
30% increased Armour
29% additional Chance to Block while Dual Wielding
24% increased Evasion Rating and Armour
12% to Chaos Resistance
10% to all Elemental Resistances
8% to Fire Resistance
4% additional Chance to Block while Dual Wielding or holding a Shield
1% to maximum Fire Resistance

Damage

137% increased Physical Weapon Damage while Dual Wielding
52% increased Physical Damage with Axes
36% increased Melee Physical Damage
28% increased Attack Speed
20% increased Attack Speed while Dual Wielding
18% increased Physical Damage with Two Handed Melee Weapons
16% increased Elemental Damage with Weapons
8% increased Area Damage

Other

200 to Strength
200 to Dexterity
100 to Intelligence
80% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
32% increased maximum Mana
30% Chance to Avoid being Stunned
12% increased Radius of Area Skills
8% chance to Avoid Elemental Status Ailments
5% increased Effect of Buffs on You
2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed range

Current-Gear

My Other Build

Build/Gear : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/706041
IGN : PoJama
Last edited by PoJ on Apr 9, 2015, 8:25:09 AM
What are your thoughts about bringer of rain helmet and cleave linked in it? Wouldnt that work well?
Last edited by siemepp on Sep 22, 2014, 10:59:39 AM
bringer of rain + Wings is a great combo,i'm not using a BoR on Beyond cause i'm playing semi-casual and i need a cheap way to overcap my res for ele weak map and trying to get as much chaos res as possible,the chaos demon/bug on high level map hit like a truck and it's really hard to cap res and chaos res if you're using a BoR.but if you have a lot of currency go for it, bor+wings is awesome. (4L on BoR -Cleave -Multistrike -conc effect -added fire)
What do you think of Carcass Jack since it affects Cleave with its AoE modifiers ?
i don't think Carcass Jack is a good chest piece for this kind of build,the increased AoE can be appealing but the HP loss is huge and you will only get a small dps boost,Carcass is also quite expensive compared to a Belly of the Beast.

Hp+Dps-Carcass-Jack

Hp+Dps-Belly-of-the-Beast
Alright thanks for the info and screens. Great built BTW, simple and fun.
One more question if you'd indulge me. Since you seem to be in a position to test most things out. I'm looking into something more defensive than vaal haste on my cdwt setup. I've come across vaal cold snap, 32 souls now. The wiki says it always freezes. Do they mean literally always or only when you crit. If "always" it would be a great cheat death cwdt option ?
just to clarify CWDT or any trigger gem cannot trigger vaal skill gems, even if the player has the required amount of souls,vaal haste is on my 4Link with CWDT just to get the support from Increased Duration.
Vaal cold snap is bad ,require 64 soul on merciless and "the base duration of freeze is proportional to the damage dealt by the initial hit of cold damage relative to the target's maximum life.
If the duration would be less than 300 milliseconds, the freeze effect is not applied."
so you need a build that does Tons of cold damage to freeze mobs on merciless and even in that case vaal cold snap is still a bad gem
"
PoJ wrote:
just to clarify CWDT or any trigger gem cannot trigger vaal skill gems, even if the player has the required amount of souls,vaal haste is on my 4Link with CWDT just to get the support from Increased Duration.
Vaal cold snap is bad ,require 64 soul on merciless and "the base duration of freeze is proportional to the damage dealt by the initial hit of cold damage relative to the target's maximum life.
If the duration would be less than 300 milliseconds, the freeze effect is not applied."
so you need a build that does Tons of cold damage to freeze mobs on merciless and even in that case vaal cold snap is still a bad gem

ah ok, that explains. Thanks.
Hey man really loving the build was wondering where you will go in skill points past 85.
GL HF

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info