[HC viable] Oro's Sacrifice - Elemental "Flickerfucking"

"
Genusi wrote:
Hello everyone and thanks for reviving this build again! :)

I will try to update the build for 1.3 - it has been buffed a bit with more ignite chance, so flammability and chance to ignite are no longer mandatory to proc ignites. Flammability may still be desired for it's damage boost, though.

Ill look into what can be done to make oro's templar safer and optimize a bit and update the main post with some 1.3 stuff.

@GameLucky21, I never got my hands on higher than 4L with my Oro's so I'm still sitting at flicker + multistrike + WED + chance to ignite in a corrupted CoD. I, however plan to switch chance to ignite out for faster attacks, then add fire pen and lastly melee splash (thus removing spectral throw entirely). While not being able to get a 6L persists, spectral throw will be included to help stay at range (which helps with dangerous rooms and aids the fact that I'm trying this to be a HC-viable character).

I have the idea of just getting a devoto's and one dex node from the tree and run atziri's foible to meet dex requirements for Oro's, also granting more mana regen for AA. Still this is a theorycraft in progress.

Have you revised the spec to utilize more goodies on the templar area? It looks like it might be a net gain to move some points off the big elemental wheel above witch and burning damage nodes for the big triangle wheel on the edge of templar area with more direct elemental damage? since burning damage still scales with your initial damage anyway and flicker strike isnt really a "damage over time" spec and feels more like a "pun ur face really fast" spec.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Dec 10, 2014, 11:01:22 AM
I updated the first post with two trees just recently, one for templar and one alternative for marauder. Also Oro's is buffed by cutting the damage increase in half so this does indeed look promising!
Hey! You get 96 dex from items, 14 as templar and 0 from skilltree. so 110. Thats too low (ur flicker needs 138). So i guess ur tree is different from one in post.
Or i have missed smg?
Have you considered trying leap slam for aoe and double strike for single target? I've wanted to try an oro's build for a long time, but I play hardcore. Now that the extra damage taken is way better, I'm considering trying it in bloodlines. However, I just feel like leap slam would be way better for general map clearing. Something like this maybe.

4L: Leap Slam + Chance to Ignite + Conc Effect + Elemental Proliferation
5L: Fire Penetration
6L: Increased Burning Damage?

I would probably start as Templar... If I can get enough ignite chance from tree/weapon than I could probably drop chance to ignite and get WED or faster attacks instead. So I guess my question is, have you tried leap slam before with oro's? Is there some huge downside that I'm not seeing? Also, do you have better suggestions for link setup?
Last edited by Nerdicide on Dec 18, 2014, 7:50:05 PM
Hello!

@agarwean I must have forgotten to add atziri's foible to my preferred gear (which will lower requirements by 25% which should be enough. Alternatively i wont level flicker strike further than the point where it needs the same amount of dex as oro's.

@nerdicide The whole point of the build is to permaflicker, which oro's allows. Ele ST is a filler to keep range against hard packs that you dont want to flicker into, plus that flicker will be aoe and singletarget viable as soon as it gets 6L, which still is far off, though.

Leap slam does work though, but it was just a utility attack for me to jump out if things got hairy, I focus on flickering as much as possible while staying safe for HC. You dont need proliferation, chance to ignite or increased burning damage as those are more for prolif builds, which this isnt really much of, however I would add faster attacks and WED, where the latter is pretty much mandatory (100% dmg as fire) and I guess you can add increased aoe since leap slam in this case is your aoe skill. Double strike I'd still switch for flicker strike but you can use it with multistrike, faster attacks, WED, fire penetration for a 5L, if you get 6L you can slot the second skill I suppose :)

Atziri's Foible, heh. Nice move. But mb (mb!) it's better to use some rare amu, get dex on it (or from tree). That will give us more slots (i mean affix slots) to get res (sure we can get 75% without it, but...) and we will be able to get weapon elem dmg (30%+) and + max life. Or that mana boost on Atziri's Foible is realy good for us (we can't leech mana without mana leech gem and so on)?
I don't know does it worth it. Mb u have thought about it and have an answer?
And thanks for build and all the answers!
Last edited by agarwean on Dec 20, 2014, 11:24:01 AM
Hello again Agarwean!

A rare amulet will make it easier to obtain capped res and some more life which is always welcome. Weapon Ele damage is also very useful and we can also hit +x-y fire damage, both of which aids a great deal with damage output. However, the reason I want to use Atziri's Foible is to lower dex-requirements for everything (which frees up mod slots and possibly passive points if you have a hard time getting the dex to use Oro's (but you can allocate 5 points to get a total of 90 dex - its your call here) The Mana regen is great to have in order to sustain Arctic Armour for additional protection as it gives at least 60% regen, 8% increased and +50 flat mana. This combined will add up to 185-215% mana regen, 41-45% mana (which can go up by another 30% with Righteous Decree with 2 points) and +50 mana. I had another character who could sustain a lv. 16 Arctic Armour with about 50% increased mana and 150% regen. I think she had roughly 2000-3000 mana (I have to check when I get back from holiday)

We can leech with Warlord's Mark, but it will remove Flammability from play - unless we get Whispers of Doom, which I had last time I played him. I would spec into Whispers if I had enough points for it (provided I even get that far :p)

Right now I'm building your build with my first Char ^^
I've cleaned the build up, removed outdated information and updated gear, tree and stats.
I've been running a build similar to this (linked here http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1147558), and I love it! I don't use Mokou's though, and instead opted for a Chance to Ignite as a fifth link for Flicker Strike, which brings my ignite chance to currently 92%. I was just able to wipe the floor with Dominus at level 72 with virtually no effort, because the constant recharging frenzy charges means he rarely hits me.

Instead of Spectral Throw I use Searing Bond.

One question though: why level up Flicker Strike? It only increases the physical damage, IIRC, and Oro's has zero physical damage. I keep mine at level 5 or so, because it has the lowest mana cost and has a very low DEX requirement.
Last edited by daywalkernc on Jan 8, 2015, 11:06:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info