[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Xiaoyen wrote:
"
kahoraho wrote:
Sorry, my bad. I mostly typed from phone and it's a pain to review my post, sometimes I notice errors on my own post but decide not edit them because it's quite difficult using a phone.

You guessed what I wanted to say.
You can modify the original item as much times as you want, it's the mirrored item the only one you can't modify.
People who offer their items to be mirrored, ask for Mirror of Kalandra, some exalted as a fee and tons of chromatics, so they could change the colours on the original to fit to the buyer needs, mirror it and turn the original back to its starting colours - fits the vendor needs-.

I have no idea about how much a Mirror of Kalandra worths. I think it was over 30 exalted, in case you find someone interested in selling it. Maybe it's value has dropped after the addition of the latest orb; can't remember it's name, I mean the one that backup an item.

That sounds like a cheat-code way to get a unique without farming for ages for one lol. Even if it still does cost a bomb. Bet these guys do this for Searing Torch.

I don't know if uniques could be mirrored, but it doesn't worth it. Uniques are too common to waste a Mirror on them.
Mirror of Kalandra is reserved for extraordinary good Rare items, crafted with lots of useful and high stats.
IGN: Pintxo (Harbinger)
Online: 22:00 to 24:00 GMT +1 (Spain)
Thanks for info, everything is useful to build my understanding of the game and what I should be doing. And yes I do have gems in weird places. I try to use as many as I can to the best effect in accordance to the slots of my gear (which can change often), and any gems that I know could be useful but cannot use properly due to insufficient slots I try to fit in anywhere I can so that they will gain exp. I believe I have a stun gem that I could use so I will try that iout when I'm next on. Also is Life Leech not a good support? I feel I'd die without it, especially since I'm using Blood Magic. I only have about 1.6 or 1.7k health which feels like it's really low.

What interests me most is the gloves mentioned which can be bought for alterations. Is this a unique item or from a vendor? I really want to replace my gloves, boots, helm, and chest with better gear ASAP but sounds like that wont be happening for a while. As of yet I'm not struggling but I'm only in Act 1.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/532639/filter-account-type/staff
"
maffa50 wrote:
Thanks for info, everything is useful to build my understanding of the game and what I should be doing. And yes I do have gems in weird places. I try to use as many as I can to the best effect in accordance to the slots of my gear (which can change often), and any gems that I know could be useful but cannot use properly due to insufficient slots I try to fit in anywhere I can so that they will gain exp. I believe I have a stun gem that I could use so I will try that iout when I'm next on. Also is Life Leech not a good support? I feel I'd die without it, especially since I'm using Blood Magic. I only have about 1.6 or 1.7k health which feels like it's really low.

What interests me most is the gloves mentioned which can be bought for alterations. Is this a unique item or from a vendor? I really want to replace my gloves, boots, helm, and chest with better gear ASAP but sounds like that wont be happening for a while. As of yet I'm not struggling but I'm only in Act 1.

I would stop use determination since your gear has pretty crappy armour value. and for that 40% mana i would stop use blood magic and change that gem to Weapon Elemental Damage. Your weapon does very nice elemental damage combined with the other extra damage from your gear i guess this would make your dps go up alot.

I also use alot of gems to level up for later, or for some specific areas, like purity, useally ive got more then enough resists or can just switch a ring for getting +50% resist towards the most common damagetype in the area. I have 4 rings in my inventory, fire,cold,lightning and another with lots of hp, and switch these with my dps rings i use for clearing/easy parts.

If you find another shield with very good stats i would change, but i used that unique shield until level 70 when i did get a better one though. But i did carry around another shield with very nice resists to be able to switch and test while playing. If you find a shield with 1k+ armour i would start use determination and use that one and see if the damage mitigation increases.

I use traps alot now, 2 fire traps linked with blind is fun, allthough my current gear has no links for it and i miss it but will not spend lots of fusing to get them linked.
+1 to Hierokliff

Drop Determination, if you have Weapon Elemental Damage, link it to Multistrike and Heavy Strike.
Life Leech gem is good. Your actual combo makes sense. But I guess you take more damage from your own hits than from mobs ones.

I doubt you use Life Leech gem when you finish act3. But you can use it while levelling if it helps you.

The idea is to avoid Blood Magic and use one or two slots to increase damage.
As you'll need more mana, that's why we told you to drop Determination. Hell if you need more, drop Wrath too.
Btw I'd prefer Anger to Wrath because it's a red gem, not a blue one. If you continue levelling and fixed to physical damage, Hatred will be your offensive aura, but it will be in future.

Edit: Slitherpinch are the gloves I was talking about.
confirmed you should be able to get one for 1-2 fusings / alchemy

Edit 2: to fight mana problems you could take the Mana Flow node on the duelist area. It's only two nodes away from the standard path and you would regret them easily in future when you're full geared.
IGN: Pintxo (Harbinger)
Online: 22:00 to 24:00 GMT +1 (Spain)
Last edited by kahoraho on Jul 25, 2013, 1:09:56 PM
"
kahoraho wrote:
Quick numbers based on my actual stats: level 75, 51% chance to evade with Grace, 17% physical reduction without Determination, 2.8k life no aura maintained on life.

Let's assume all gems are level 17.

I could move Grace to life and start using Determination on mana.
Grace would reserve over 288 life, that's 10% of my total life.

Determination would give me 48% more armour points . Let's image it boost my physical damage taken from 17% to 25%.
I am not willing to trade 10% my life for 8% physical reduction.
Hope this helps to understand my point of view

I'm glad it works for you. :) That's the important thing.

I'm just saying, for those following the stock build as in the guide, they will need to run both.

I'm at 31% damage reduction and 35% chance to evade and my gear is not very good. I think a good balance is important. :)
"
Xiaoyen wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:

I think it's safe to say that The Bringer of Rain is better than any chest + helmet for this build. :)

Won't you lose a lot of link potential though?

kahoraho pretty much summed it up.

I'll add that the only difference is you might need another 4-link on your other gear instead of being able to get by with only 3-links. So a few more fusings invested to reach the ideal setup for your auras.
"
maffa50 wrote:
This build has been great for me, my most successful Character so far :D

Next stop: Ondar's Guile?

I've used
for pretty much the entire game as I was lucky enough to pick it up from a mob drop only shortly before finding this guide. At the moment I'm not happy with the colour of the slots on it but lack the Chromes to change them at the moment. Should I change shields soon or stick with this?

My main attack now is Heavy Strike and I've abandoned IB completely. Getting just over 1k without damage auras and an extra 200ish with. It's linked into my gloves which have quite poor stats but I don't want to give up the links

I don't have enough mana at the moment to run anything other than Determination, Purity and Tempest Shield but I'm working on sorting it out with BM supports and Reduced Mana.

Welcome! I'm glad your lazy pally has been relatively successful. :) I know mine has.

You would be heading toward the level 60 build now, which does not include Ondar's yet (you might get it by 65ish), but does head over to the ranger area for the block nodes there.

Remember to pick up every item (and buy from npc vendors) that has three linked red-blue-green and sell them for a chromatic each to the npc vendor.

Crest is a great shield but not end game material due to the low evasion. It might hold you over until you get a Vaal Buckler in early maps. Or you can take your chances with a corrugated buckler sooner if you want. That's what I did (per the guide), but I did not find a Crest early on either so it was the obvious choice to craft.

1K DPS is pretty decent for early Merciless, you can follow some of the good suggestions above to raise that. You will be shooting for around 3k DPS by the time you finish act 3 Merciless.

Determination, Purity and Tempest Shield is fine on your mana. You can use the BM support for now as mentioned in the guide for mid levels. If you have any mana left after reserving those three auras (probably not), you could consider getting a mana leech support gem from one of your other characters (common quest reward for other classes in the mid levels, but not templar).

Best wishes going forward.
I am in the ACT 2.

What reward you pick at quest 'Deal with the Bandits'?

Thank you!
I've just started using Heavy Strike + Multi Strike + Melee Physical Damage on mana instead of Blood Magic and it seems to be working ok. DPS is good, better than Elemental Hit, and I somehow don't have mana issues. Originally I had 90 mana left over after having Purity, Hatred, and Tempest Shield running and that worked fine so I tried putting lvl1 Grace on as well, leaving me with 28 mana. It somehow still works even though my HS costs I think 22 mana. Not using BM seems to keep me a lot healthier now but I got wrecked in Fetid Pool. Any tips on how to go about this area? Have been able to successfully farm Ledge by myself which I use to level.
"
What reward you pick at quest 'Deal with the Bandits'?

In my opinion getting the passive point is always the best option, however 40 health is also very good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info