[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Rogomatic wrote:
This may have come up before in the 600+ page discussion, but is there any practical reason to have this build as a Templar and not Gladiator?

faster clear speed....
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Rogomatic wrote:
This may have come up before in the 600+ page discussion, but is there any practical reason to have this build as a Templar and not Gladiator?

faster clear speed....

You're using Blade Flurry... is it really faster when you scale elemental vs when you scale DoT as you could with a Gladiator?
A Belligerent Expert System
"
Rogomatic wrote:
You're using Blade Flurry... is it really faster when you scale elemental vs when you scale DoT as you could with a Gladiator?

No idea, but Inquisitor is very good whereas all I can say for gladiator is that it looks more defense focused and we can easily max the block with a couple pieces of cheap gear. Maybe for the upcoming self-found.

I can't imagine that a block tree could scale DoT damage very well. I tested the DoT related gear and gems and it was very lackluster with the tree we have. I can't imagine that a gladiator node or two would be that big of a difference. I would think that killing quickly with an elemental crit would be better for a block build than a damage over time, time being the operative word there.

It's probably splitting hairs here.
Last edited by Sovyn on Feb 7, 2017, 11:53:07 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Rogomatic wrote:

No idea, but Inquisitor is very good whereas all I can say for gladiator is that it looks more defense focused and we can easily max the block with a couple pieces of cheap gear. Maybe for the upcoming self-found.

I can't imagine that a block tree could scale DoT damage very well. I tested the DoT related gear and gems and it was very lackluster with the tree we have. I can't imagine that a gladiator node or two would be that big of a difference. I would think that killing quickly with an elemental crit would be better for a block build than a damage over time, time being the operative word there.

It's probably splitting hairs here.

There's a lot of generic damage to be had in the Gratuitous Violence and Blood In The Eyes branches. It also means that you don't have to spend an ungodly amount of points on picking up crit nodes. Then again, I play HC so what do I know :P
A Belligerent Expert System
"
Rogomatic wrote:
There's a lot of generic damage to be had in the Gratuitous Violence and Blood In The Eyes branches.

Some, but situational and I thought the main point of gladiator was the spell block node and you can't get everything, unfortunately.

It probably comes down to if you want to play the young guy or the old guy, honestly, the end result will be very similar.
Hey Guys its the Molten Strike Version in 2.5 variable?
"
Hey Guys its the Molten Strike Version in 2.5 variable?

Absolutely. It's a good boss killer. It's slower clearing maps than other skills such as ice crash, earthquake and blade flurry, so you won't level as quickly, especially in the 90s. You will also die a bit more frequently than with blade flurry as that skill gives you the advantage of range.
Last edited by Sovyn on Feb 9, 2017, 1:42:28 PM
Hi, Sovyn . Have some question

1.Is my build good enough?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ngkongz/characters

Thanks this build is good almost in all map. I did uber lab easily too.

2. I try this build vs atziri and cant pass it. Any walkthrough that show how to defeat atziri with this build?
3. Any gear suggestion in premium build for further
4. What enchantment did u suggest in gloves,shoes, and helmet?
Last edited by ngkongz on Feb 12, 2017, 6:38:25 PM
I played this build a while ago and am now returning to the game. Had a lot of fun with it. Have a couple questions.

1. When I last played this, I got to level 75, and the optimal weapon was doryani's catalyst with I believe a Lionseye Remorse shield and Bringer of Rain. Static Strike was my main skill Looks like a lot of this has changed. Is my dude going to be gimped with this old setup?

2. I didnt see mention of Uber LAbs/Uber Atziri? Can this uild do those? Any other endgame content it cant do well?

Thanks
"
ngkongz wrote:
Hi, Sovyn . Have some question

1.Is my build good enough?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ngkongz/characters

Thanks this build is good almost in all map. I did uber lab easily too.

2. I try this build vs atziri and cant pass it. Any walkthrough that show how to defeat atziri with this build?
3. Any gear suggestion in premium build for further
4. What enchantment did u suggest in gloves,shoes, and helmet?

1) Your gear looks good, obviously you can eventually get better life rolls on the rares and perhaps consider a voidheart or romira's for more damage overall if damage seems to be an issue at all. There are lots of things you could do but it starts to get costly like shield corruption, rare better than bino's, etc.

2) I have a very old atziri video on the first page. I won, but it's much, much easier for me now. The key is just to dodge the flameblasts correctly. Should give you some idea at least.

3) Covered it in 1

4) Helm, impossible, but try to get one for blade flurry. Boots, most are useful but I like more crits. I wouldn't bother with reduced mana cost or reduced stun. The rest are all useful so there's a good chance that a uber lab enchant would be good here. On gloves, I don't think any are worth bothering with as far as I know.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info