[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
My gear is disgusting for level 80, I have around 50 pure C, apart from a Lionseye what would you recommend as affordable uniques I should be going for, and is there anything else you'd recommend, want to push higher tier maps, if I take 1 of the support gems out of Blade Flurry I lose around 1k tooltip damage in town, which is huge, so not sure if dropping the Tabula is a good idea atm (a normal 6 link is out of the budget)

You need better life rolls on rings, belt, amulet, shield (lioneyes works, or a good rare). Or, you can go spell block as I did instead of life, with Lazhwar, Rainbows, Reckless Defence. It's a valid choice too as most stuff that's a threat later on are spells. Lastly, the DPS flasks will be good to have, after all, the faster things die, the less time they have to hurt you. Atziri's Promise is affordable, 2 chaos ish.

Ok so I should buy:

Lioneye's (does no spell block matter/is there a better affordable unique)
Lazhwar
Rainbows
Reckless Defence

Then keep using Scaeva until what weapon? (Can't Doranyi with Blade Flurry)

Then replace the rest of my gear with better yellows to cap res's and get better stats.

Does that all sound right?

Thanks as well for the replies, never done a build like this so bit lost lol.
"
Ok so I should buy:

Lazhwar
Rainbows
Reckless Defence

Then replace the rest of my gear with better yellows to cap res's and get better stats.

Since it's hardcore, you could save up for a 5-link belly of the beast.

Scaeva is fine, replacing it probably isn't really worth it. Don't forget to 20 quality yours.

You can go with high life rares or go the spell block route. Up to you.

You might consider Aegis instead of Lioneye's. This is very expensive on hardcore. With aegis you have to be very good about using your granite flasks. There is no life on it, but you can get more combined life/es than you could straight life, and you will regain some es when you block. Lioneye's is fine for now.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Ok so I should buy:

Lazhwar
Rainbows
Reckless Defence

Since it's hardcore, you could save up for a 5-link belly of the beast.

Scaeva is fine, replacing it probably isn't really worth it. Don't forget to 20 quality yours.

You can go with high life rares or go the spell block route. Up to you.

You might consider Aegis instead of Lioneye's. This is very expensive on hardcore. With aegis you have to be very good about using your granite flasks. There is no life on it, but you can get more combined life/es than you could straight life, and you will regain some es when you block. Lioneye's is fine for now.

Sweet got it, think I'm going to go the spell block route, all of my spikes seem to be from spell damage, melee is never an issue.

Last stupid question lol, in terms of damage on gear, what's the best stats.

Increased melee physical damage?
Increased ele damage?
Increased ele damage with weapons?
+physical to attacks?

"

Last stupid question lol, in terms of damage on gear, what's the best stats.

Increased melee physical damage?
Increased ele damage?
Increased ele damage with weapons?
+physical to attacks?

Adds xx-xx physical damage to attacks
xx% increased attack speed
crit strike chance
crit strike multiplier
+ to accuracy
Increased elemental damage

Roughly that order.

So a belt with "increased physical damage" doesn't do much?
"
So a belt with "increased physical damage" doesn't do much?

No. A 24% one is:

5426 -> 5654

I'd say 228 a hit is OK but minor.
I love this build, started playing a couple of weeks ago and I'm a big fan of this guide.

But lately I feel like I've been struggling, I'm not doing nearly the same damage per attack on BF as you do, even with frenzy charges and whatnot.

Any chance you could take a look at my character and give me some pointers?

Im thinking about the Romira's ring but i wont keep my elemental resists on 75 if I get it.

Any tips?
"
LoganSu wrote:
I love this build, started playing a couple of weeks ago and I'm a big fan of this guide.

But lately I feel like I've been struggling, I'm not doing nearly the same damage per attack on BF as you do, even with frenzy charges and whatnot.

Any chance you could take a look at my character and give me some pointers?

Im thinking about the Romira's ring but i wont keep my elemental resists on 75 if I get it.

Any tips?

You could unspec that mana leech node if you get a romira's as it has mana leech on it. Then put that point into a damage node. One small tweak you could make right now is to regret that 3% attack speed node near berserking and the 40% shield defenses node and get the two 3/10 nodes near Retaliation. Those are worth a good amount of damage right there.

You can fix your resists with romira's by getting resist jewels.

I wouldn't worry about the 13% damage or the 1% spell block or whatever for now, just get your resists done. Romira's is bigger than any of that.

Much of my damage is from flasks, you could stand to invest in some better flasks.
Hi, i begin your Lazy Pally build with scion. And i came to the part where i have no idea what to choose in ascendancy tree. There is no any skills like Inquisitor does. So i wonder if u could give me some advice what to choose?

Inquisitor has a lot of crit rate and elemental dmg. Mb i sould give some extra points in passive tree to crit and elemental dmg and take some def in ascendancy tree? Or it would be a total disaster?

P.S. Thank you for your guide. Its realy great work.
Hey, I'm running a ranger variation of this soon and was going to use Iron reflexes, due to having a lot more evasion rating than armour. I also have a bino/aegis so running that as well. I'll be using a 5l carcass jack for now, and was wondering if you could shed some light onto blade flurry weapon links.

Taking out melee damage on full life for your build, I was thinking of using:

Blade flurry - added chaos - void manipulation - inc/conc AoE - melee phys. Do you think scaling chaos damage is the way to go for this build with bino?

I also have the currency to use voidheart as well, but will be pressed for int if I forgo a rare ring with romira
Last edited by lord9898 on Dec 19, 2016, 4:10:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info