[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
tyranius wrote:
Is Physical to Lightning better than Added Fire damage? Assuming I'm not gonna be using Weapon Elemental Damage [unless I swap out another gem for WED].

Physical to Lightning is better because you can shock, which can be a 50% increase in damage. The tooltip is about the same between Physical to Lightning and Added Fire Damage without WED, given both gems are 20/20. Physical to Lightning pulls ahead a bit on the tooltip with WED in the mix (another 2K dps in hideout).
Hi Sovyn. I have mentioned how much I like your build and how well explained it is. So I am trying to follow it as much as possible. I want to ask you if you played the new maps in Atlas, especially over T11 in corrupted mode. I am level 90 with spell block 71% and max block 75%. I know that I am not the best player, but and I am dying quite easily against the bosses, especially when there is less regenaration or -max resistances. Could you please check the build or give some advice? Do you think that the build is still viable to reach the shaper?Maybe if I would use BoTR legacy and add some life or defence nodes instead of block? Thanks in advance!
"
Poulak08 wrote:
I am dying quite easily against the bosses, especially when there is less regenaration or -max resistances.

-resist is a mean mod. I don't think it's meant to be trivial. If you are dying then there is probably a mechanic to the boss that you need to learn how to manually avoid. Resist flasks and maxed purity aura(s) applicable to the encounter, and/or massive aoe size on earthquake and chinking away at it from a safe distance is the usual way of dealing with it for any melee build.

Edit, on less regen maps just remove blood rage from your links
Last edited by Sovyn on Sep 28, 2016, 7:04:56 PM
Alright, I have acquired my Belly of the Beast. Sovyn, could you take a look at my character and see what would be the next step in gear?

Spoiler

I was thinking of saving up for Aegis Aurora but I don't know how effective it would be with just a Rainbowstride.
"
tyranius wrote:
Alright, I have acquired my Belly of the Beast. Sovyn, could you take a look at my character and see what would be the next step in gear?

I was thinking of saving up for Aegis Aurora but I don't know how effective it would be with just a Rainbowstride.

Bringer of Rain would be better overall - decent armour and evasion, some block, endurance charges and considerably more damage.

With aegis, your biggest chunk of ES would come from the shield itself as we have increased defenses from equipped shield nodes on the skill tree. You could switch your helmet pretty easily to something with 500 ar 200 es or so if you don't want to go for BoR.
I may test out BoR later but I just feel I'd be too squishy. I welcome some more damage but survivability is what I usually prefer. Also I do get endurance charges with Reckoning + Curse on hit + Warlords mark.

There's also the matter that I need the belly to cap my resists. I'll focus on getting Aegis first since it gives resists, then I'll nab the BoR and test it out.
hey sovyn i just uploaded a video using the setup told you before. how it looks like to you?

dmg can go to 183k if i had 2 more power charges
without even counting the after effect.
"
sockgr wrote:
hey sovyn i just uploaded a video using the setup told you before. how it looks like to you?

The damage is fine on the tooltip and it looks nice, but the problem is that multistrike targeting is terrible compared with ground targeting. It's just a basic mechanical problem, nothing you can do about it. The result is too much moving around to clear a map, and thus slower times. That's why I have been moving away from multistrike based skills for quite a while now.
I tested out the Aegis Aurora and felt a little bit underwhelmed. It's probably way better if you have considerable ES on your gear, but I don't. I think I'll just revert to what I was using.

Next step is testing out the Bringer of Rain.
"
Sovyn wrote:

The damage is fine on the tooltip and it looks nice, but the problem is that multistrike targeting is terrible compared with ground targeting. It's just a basic mechanical problem, nothing you can do about it. The result is too much moving around to clear a map, and thus slower times. That's why I have been moving away from multistrike based skills for quite a while now.

could you upload a clip using ice crash and/or earthquake? it could be nice for the build!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info