[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Great guide, I will definitely try this in Talisman!
Is this build viable replacing Herald of Ash for Herald of Thunder? It will give some less DPS, but I'd love to go full lightning rampage.
"
Is this build viable replacing Herald of Ash for Herald of Thunder? It will give some less DPS, but I'd love to go full lightning rampage.

You hit the nail on the head, just a little less damage, of course it will work...

... might as well stick it on the curse on hit combo to quickly curse incoming packs of monsters, when you get to crit nodes anyway.

So a 4-link with reckoning, curse on hit, herald of lightning and curse of choice.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"

You hit the nail on the head, just a little less damage, of course it will work...

... might as well stick it on the curse on hit combo to quickly curse incoming packs of monsters, when you get to crit nodes anyway.

So a 4-link with reckoning, curse on hit, herald of lightning and curse of choice.

But that is an endgame option, when you refund RT and start to crit again. My question is for viability taken early on and not going for RT.
Another question: static discharges from static strike can still shock with RT? Can't find an answer to that, I mean, don't know if RT applies as the discharges are not the main attack.
"
But that is an endgame option, when you refund RT and start to crit again. My question is for viability taken early on and not going for RT.
Another question: static discharges from static strike can still shock with RT? Can't find an answer to that, I mean, don't know if RT applies as the discharges are not the main attack.

Viable? Sure but not very good early on. No, you won't crit on any part of static strike with RT. You need RT as soon as possible, well before you get all the damage nodes because your DPS would be really bad without it. Basically I take all the defenses first, think of it as the framework. I think that's the best approach. However you can take all the damage nodes from the level 95 tree first if you want to. The character would then be a glass cannon until very high levels when you get the block nodes and so on and 'finish' the build.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"

Viable? Sure but not very good early on. No, you won't crit on any part of static strike with RT. You need RT as soon as possible, well before you get all the damage nodes because your DPS would be really bad without it. Basically I take all the defenses first, think of it as the framework. I think that's the best approach. However you can take all the damage nodes from the level 95 tree first if you want to. The character would then be a glass cannon until very high levels when you get the block nodes and so on and 'finish' the build.

Ok, thanks for the help! I'll stick to the defenses first then, already had bad experiences with glass cannons.
So after (finally) getting through Act 4 Normal I'm definitely now a believer in Static Strike + Multistrike + Melee Phys + WED. The duelist passives progression lined right up with the Malachai fight as well, which resulted in me melting him down pretty damn quick. I wasn't super thrilled about losing Fortify in my main skill since I'm working with a 4L for now, but the DPS increase made it a zero question decision. I managed to stack a bunch of attack speed throughout normal as well, which helped out (and has also made me spoiled and unwilling to give up gear I know needs to be swapped out...). At the moment, I'm on the lookout for an upgrade to my Brightbeak - it's starting to get a bit long in the tooth now.
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
Last edited by Khavali on Dec 27, 2015, 9:44:26 AM
Hey question about armour..

For top end build, if you had to spend a lot in the armour, would you spend in rare or in Belly of the beast ? for a 6L-
Two words: Inevitable Judgement. Obviously anything we say about it now is pure speculation, but it sure does look tasty.
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
"
Khavali wrote:
So after (finally) getting through Act 4 Normal I'm definitely now a believer in Static Strike + Multistrike + Melee Phys + WED. The duelist passives progression lined right up with the Malachai fight as well, which resulted in me melting him down pretty damn quick. I wasn't super thrilled about losing Fortify in my main skill since I'm working with a 4L for now, but the DPS increase made it a zero question decision.

I agree. Luckily, Fortify 100% uptime is not really required for this build in the regular storyline game. We have other defenses too.
"
Xou wrote:
Hey question about armour..

For top end build, if you had to spend a lot in the armour, would you spend in rare or in Belly of the beast ? for a 6L-

Don't forget Lightning Coil as it enables use of Abyssus. The 6L coil is actually affordable compared to a top end rare. Certainly puts stress on other gear to get the resists but the resulting DPS is worth it.

If you don't want to go coil, I'd probably choose Belly marginally over a high armour rare chest. You'll get a few hundred more life (assuming top roll on the competing rare). The much higher armour you could have instead is probably not necessary whereas more life helps vs. elemental and degen attacks not only physical.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info