[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sparkl wrote:
I am still below the dps of what I have with BoR, currently sitting at around 20k dps.

Whats the problem? Sovyn to the rescue!:P

My friend, the numbers I show in the screenshot were with level 12 static strike sure but the rest of the support gems were 20/20 or close. It helps a little. Really the passives I take after 85 or so make a big difference for DPS. Now you can drop some defenses and take the DPS nodes earlier if you want it's your call but I tend to like to get the defenses down first.

Also bear in mind that I time my screenshots so that all buffs are active to give it the best result. So I tap my Atziri's Promise flask when I notice that I have 3 power, 3 frenzy, blood rage going.

Also typically folks that are not reporting the dps numbers don't yet have gloves with attack speed + flat physical or a rustic sash with properly rolled physical plus master crafted elemental and rings with good flat physical rolls. All that makes a big difference.

Some difference in the doryani's catalyst roll as well, I tend to try for over 300 pdps. Yours is 287, not too bad but there is a little gain to be had.

Of course your character is perfectly playable as is and won't have trouble in merciless or soloing low tier maps at all. You asked for tips for future improvement, some may be long term goals. :)
Hello! I have started this game 2 months ago. Thanks to your build I managed to come level 72 so far and finally started to enjoy game. My question is about your ''blind'' gem. If purpose of the build to have advantages from triggered gems with blocking, why do you use a gem that reduces taken hits? English is not my main language so I hope managed to express my thoughts...
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Sparkl wrote:
I am still below the dps of what I have with BoR, currently sitting at around 20k dps.

Whats the problem? Sovyn to the rescue!:P

My friend, the numbers I show in the screenshot were with level 12 static strike sure but the rest of the support gems were 20/20 or close. It helps a little. Really the passives I take after 85 or so make a big difference for DPS. Now you can drop some defenses and take the DPS nodes earlier if you want it's your call but I tend to like to get the defenses down first.

Also bear in mind that I time my screenshots so that all buffs are active to give it the best result. So I tap my Atziri's Promise flask when I notice that I have 3 power, 3 frenzy, blood rage going.

Also typically folks that are not reporting the dps numbers don't yet have gloves with attack speed + flat physical or a rustic sash with properly rolled physical plus master crafted elemental and rings with good flat physical rolls. All that makes a big difference.

Some difference in the doryani's catalyst roll as well, I tend to try for over 300 pdps. Yours is 287, not too bad but there is a little gain to be had.

Of course your character is perfectly playable as is and won't have trouble in merciless or soloing low tier maps at all. You asked for tips for future improvement, some may be long term goals. :)

Thanks. Yes I figured out that I slowly started to gain the dps with the nodes. Its getting better and better :)

As for the rings... I have flat phys dmg rings already.

Im missing the mana leech, but surprisingly its ok. the dmg bonus is too hard to resist on this one.

Gems are slowly leveling up, very close to 20 right now.

Still haven't figured out whether the doryani's invitation is a good belt to stick with, or still search for the rustic sash.

Thanks for info Sovyn. I like it how you analyzed averything there is to be analyzed about this build. Big respect for your work.
"
_mablung_ wrote:
Hello! I have started this game 2 months ago. Thanks to your build I managed to come level 72 so far and finally started to enjoy game. My question is about your ''blind'' gem. If purpose of the build to have advantages from triggered gems with blocking, why do you use a gem that reduces taken hits? English is not my main language so I hope managed to express my thoughts...

Hi mablung and welcome, glad you are enjoying.

Blind is just something to put there, it really doesn't activate often at all. When it does, there is a bit extra defense during that time. We don't rely on the counter-attacks heavily or anything so not a problem. The gems are all just optional fluff except the attack and movement skills really. You could stick a life leech gem there instead of blind for example.
"
Sparkl wrote:
Still haven't figured out whether the doryani's invitation is a good belt to stick with, or still search for the rustic sash.

You're welcome, Sparkl

Doryani's Invitation is not a bad belt but a rustic can have 24% physical (lose 3%) with just a few blessed rolls and easily 20% elemental damage (Tora) which helps boost dps just a little bit more than pretty much any other belt. The main advantage really is that a rare can have a good life roll also which I consider more important than any other consideration in the belt slot.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Kamina100 wrote:
Maybe some day I'll get 1500 fusings and 6-link Belly of the Beast. Hard to imagine doing that much grinding though, haha.

1500 fuse is worth something like 34 ex whereas a 6-link belly on standard is only 18ex. As usual in PoE it's much cheaper to buy than to craft.

Maybe I'll just try to save currency for a while and then try to get something really good like that. My gear isn't really crying out for upgrades, although it's less than ideal. My gloves have +phy but no attack speed. My belt has +% elemental but not a max roll. My ring has no implicit to speak of because I got a corrupted one on a discount. Several pieces are not armor-based. Things like that. But I could probably just play it like this for a good while to save up for a really good upgrade like a good 6-link. Here's the gear. Block is maxed (with Tempest Shield up). Elemental resistances are maxed (although just barely), Chaos is at -16% which isn't ideal but seems livable. Armor is about 11K. DPS is only about 17.5K tootip, but my gems are level 17 at most, so it should be a fair bit higher when they are maxed. Anything you think I should go for an upgrade on in the short-term? Gloves with good amounts of both +phys and attack speed would be a nice upgrade, but I wonder whether it would be better to just wait and go for a really big upgrade at some point in the future, like a 6-link chest with good stats, or a white 6-link with a good base that I could roll chaos on. By the way, I have a "legacy" Meginord's Girdle, but I think the Rustic Sash is better.

Last edited by Kamina100 on Oct 19, 2015, 2:50:33 AM
"
Kamina100 wrote:
Anything you think I should go for an upgrade on in the short-term?

By the way, I have a "legacy" Meginord's Girdle, but I think the Rustic Sash is better.

Gear looks fine so time to farm and trade for a while I'd say. :)

Can see which belt is best pretty easily just swap back and forth checking tooltip dps and life globe. Make sure auras are up.
I've been looking at the meginord girdle for a while myself. Its just that doryanis invitation gives so much ele res its difficult to say goodbye to it...

How fun is this build? I'm worried I'd find it too easy to enjoy.
"
Sparkl wrote:
I've been looking at the meginord girdle for a while myself. Its just that doryanis invitation gives so much ele res its difficult to say goodbye to it...

In my testing a long time ago, I recall that a good rare rustic sash is better than meginord (legacy even). It is harder to get, as with any good rare, but it can have resists too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info