[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
gwizzer wrote:
Hi Sovyn, really nice guide and congrats on making a sweet build.

I'm following most of it but using Blood Magic gem with Static Strike so I can run Haste, Herald of Ash and Arctic Armour.

Currently level 81 in the Tempest league and having a lot of fun.

My items are listed below, could really do with a new chest but this will have to do until I get more currency. I'm also intending to use a Divine Orb on my Doryani's Catalyst.

Hi gwizzer, Glad you are having fun :)

I don't see a lot of chaos resist there so you would need to be careful of certain things in hardcore.

You could craft 2% block on the gloves with Haku, not cheap but you might need to in order to max out block.

On tempest shield I prefer having CWDT level 1 so the uptime is better on the 3% block there. Really no harm in using level 1 CWDT there as the point is the block and the frenzy charges.

I wouldn't leave the house without instant life flasks but that's me.

You are missing two of the counter-attacks, you could maybe move added fire to your weapon swap and put a counter-attack there instead for now.

Overall you are to be congratulated on reaching level 81 without a single death.
Last edited by Sovyn on Aug 14, 2015, 4:24:36 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
gwizzer wrote:
Hi Sovyn, really nice guide and congrats on making a sweet build.

I'm following most of it but using Blood Magic gem with Static Strike so I can run Haste, Herald of Ash and Arctic Armour.

Currently level 81 in the Tempest league and having a lot of fun.

My items are listed below, could really do with a new chest but this will have to do until I get more currency. I'm also intending to use a Divine Orb on my Doryani's Catalyst.

Hi gwizzer, Glad you are having fun :)

I don't see a lot of chaos resist there so you would need to be careful of certain things in hardcore.

You could craft 2% block on the gloves with Haku, not cheap but you might need to in order to max out block.

On tempest shield I prefer having CWDT level 1 so the uptime is better on the 3% block there. Really no harm in using level 1 CWDT there as the point is the block and the frenzy charges.

I wouldn't leave the house without instant life flasks but that's me.

You are missing two of the counter-attacks, you could maybe move added fire to your weapon swap and put a counter-attack there instead for now.

Overall you are to be congratulated on reaching level 81 without a single death.

Hey,thanks for the tips. I hadn't even thought of putting a counter-attack where added fire is.

Chaos is pretty scary,definitely need to work on that. I'll spend some ALTs sorting out the flasks.

Thanks again Sovyn
Just found a Taste Of Hate from a tormented soul mob :D finally my first decent drop this league. Time to play around with this for additional enjoyment lol
Did some tweaking because i wasn't playing lazy at all, i was drinking mana's like an alcoholic! Luckily i had some passives left that i sank into 2 circles with reduced mana cost right next to the templar starting area and i added a quality reduced mana in favor of a quantity gem in my 6L attack combo. Now i am lazy again, even on maps with 50% reduced generation i only have to drink when i screw up positioning.
Pushing for higher maps again to see what flaws come to light. Currently only 67% block chance and no spellblock yet but i'm sure i'll get there.
Using a high phys dps claw for the moment and i absolutely love whirling blades now due to improved behavior with lockstep, i have so much more controll on positioning, targetting dangerous ranged mobs way faster.
Still got a bit low dps though, almost 18k at the moment, but i'm not sure if i wanna switch to mace just yet :D
-Something in the way
Hi senpai Sovyn! I've followed your guide and I must say I am very happy I did. Love my lazy pally.

I am 84 on Tempest league and I have been running some lower maps(68-73) for most of the time. Trying now to build up my map pool for higher level maps. I tried going for the Bringer of Rain helm but I did not succeed in getting one. I recently found a 6-link corrupted armor which turned out to be pretty decent with the gem slot colors and it increased my dps quite abit. Thoughts on my 6 link setup?

R-R-B-R-G-R
StaticStrike-MeleePhysicalDamage-Concentrated/IncreaseAoE-Multistrike-FasterAttacks-Fortify

With my rings I can pretty much sustain the mana without a pot altough I do sometimes run out of mana briefly.

I have been very happy with my weapon and has served me well from 58, but it is now time to retire it. Looking for a doryani when I can afford one.

The build tree is slightly off from yours but its mostly temporarily as I am still playing without crit and a mace so I just went for some more resistance and armor.

Anyway love your guide, its been very helpful and I really appriciate the time you invested in it!

I'm confused about the Zealot's Oath choice...

It seems that your recommended gear is almost all Armor, and barely any ES, why would you take away all of your life regen?
Loving the build so far. Having a lot of fun, thanks.

Still a lot to do to improve it though :)
Last edited by Saraneth on Aug 16, 2015, 12:30:19 AM
"
dezahp wrote:
Just found a Taste Of Hate from a tormented soul mob :D finally my first decent drop this league. Time to play around with this for additional enjoyment lol

Awesome find, congrats!
"
Awoudex wrote:
Did some tweaking because i wasn't playing lazy at all, i was drinking mana's like an alcoholic! Luckily i had some passives left that i sank into 2 circles with reduced mana cost right next to the templar starting area and i added a quality reduced mana in favor of a quantity gem in my 6L attack combo. Now i am lazy again, even on maps with 50% reduced generation i only have to drink when i screw up positioning.
Pushing for higher maps again to see what flaws come to light. Currently only 67% block chance and no spellblock yet but i'm sure i'll get there.
Using a high phys dps claw for the moment and i absolutely love whirling blades now due to improved behavior with lockstep, i have so much more controll on positioning, targetting dangerous ranged mobs way faster.
Still got a bit low dps though, almost 18k at the moment, but i'm not sure if i wanna switch to mace just yet :D

Whirling blades is no doubt the best movement skill but you give up a ton of damage to use it (only works with sword, dagger, claw). Unless you have very deep pockets of course.

There is no reason to use reduced mana support as blood magic support + a second herald is much better.
"
mickelol wrote:
Hi senpai Sovyn! I've followed your guide and I must say I am very happy I did. Love my lazy pally.

I am 84 on Tempest league and I have been running some lower maps(68-73) for most of the time. Trying now to build up my map pool for higher level maps. I tried going for the Bringer of Rain helm but I did not succeed in getting one. I recently found a 6-link corrupted armor which turned out to be pretty decent with the gem slot colors and it increased my dps quite abit. Thoughts on my 6 link setup?

R-R-B-R-G-R
StaticStrike-MeleePhysicalDamage-Concentrated/IncreaseAoE-Multistrike-FasterAttacks-Fortify

With my rings I can pretty much sustain the mana without a pot altough I do sometimes run out of mana briefly.

I have been very happy with my weapon and has served me well from 58, but it is now time to retire it. Looking for a doryani when I can afford one.

Hi mickelol ;)

Congrats on making it to 84 without a single death.

That 6L setup works fine especially if you are willing to swap the blue gem for clear/boss. I'd take WED over faster attacks but not likely to roll that chest without green socket(s) so OK.

A doryani's would probably double your dps or close to it anyway. They are only 1ex on warbands but I'm sure more on tempest.

Best wishes out there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info