[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
splinterboard wrote:
Sad to say, on HC my game screen completely froze for a minute in battle, I got disconnected and on reconnect my HC character had died. Not sure if my game has ever frozen like that before. Was playing level 31 in a monster level 26 zone. The build is good, and it was rare for health to decrease more than 10%.

Luckily, I am playing with self found gear and lost nothing to my HC stash, or is that unlucky because the unique items I had found weren't applicable to the character?? Will restart sometime soon. Thanks again.

Sorry to hear of the RIP. I suppose alt+F4 is the only possible response to a screen freeze or lag in hardcore. I know the lag monster is the #1 killer of hardcore characters using any build.
Nice list of a danger points on the previous page. I'm not playing hardcore, but it'll still be helpful in predicting what will be a death risk. I second Minara Anemia! She has killed me 3 times!
Hey Sovyn, do you have any suggestions for Cruel Act IV Piety? I just ripped on her and I think and I was quite geared for it, being two levels above the map and having most of my equipment with 20% quality and with +life or really high armor.

I just couldn't kill the adds safely while still properly avoiding her beam, I tried to ignore them but they were starting to swarm me.

Actually, how exactly do you deal with corrupting blood stacks at all? Most of my deaths on Tempest so far were for corrupted blood somehow, even when being careful.
"
Kamina100 wrote:
Nice list of a danger points on the previous page. I'm not playing hardcore, but it'll still be helpful in predicting what will be a death risk. I second Minara Anemia! She has killed me 3 times!

I should add that list I made to the FAQ :)
"
MamotromicO wrote:
Hey Sovyn, do you have any suggestions for Cruel Act IV Piety? I just ripped on her and I think and I was quite geared for it, being two levels above the map and having most of my equipment with 20% quality and with +life or really high armor.

I just couldn't kill the adds safely while still properly avoiding her beam, I tried to ignore them but they were starting to swarm me.

Actually, how exactly do you deal with corrupting blood stacks at all? Most of my deaths on Tempest so far were for corrupted blood somehow, even when being careful.

Thanks for your questions, MamotromicO :)

I show how to do act 4 Piety in my videos on page 1. The basic thing is just dps in a circle around her, avoiding the beam. Adds should be basically un-noticable, just ignore them and kill Piety.

I checked your gear quickly and it's not worthy of your level. :) Sorry. But 121 pdps weapon.... you can do better my friend! And only a 3-link for your attack skill and only 1 piece of gear with a decent life roll. Alas! 10 chaos and a little trading later you would be set.

CB is trivial with high armour and a staunching flask. Here's the one I use:

You could pop a Granite too.
"
Sovyn wrote:

Thanks for your questions, MamotromicO :)

I show how to do act 4 Piety in my videos on page 1. The basic thing is just dps in a circle around her, avoiding the beam. Adds should be basically un-noticable, just ignore them and kill Piety.

I checked your gear quickly and it's not worthy of your level. :) Sorry. But 121 pdps weapon.... you can do better my friend! And only a 3-link for your attack skill and only 1 piece of gear with a decent life roll. Alas! 10 chaos and a little trading later you would be set.

CB is trivial with high armour and a staunching flask. Here's the one I use:

You could pop a Granite too.

Wait wait wait, I can remove corrupted blood with bleed removal? Dear god I feel stupid, I'll never die to this thing again.

Well, I guess I'm back to leveling then, I wish there was an easier way to powerlevel through normal. The sad thing is that I had found a Lazhwar earlier today. Guess I'll have to trade for another then.

Oh, and I had a much easier time leveling as Scion than Templar, probably because of the early resists and jewel slot.

Thanks Sovyn, I'll get to Merciless next time, I'm sure of it.
"
MamotromicO wrote:
Thanks Sovyn, I'll get to Merciless next time, I'm sure of it.

You will! :)

Any questions along the way, feel free, I check this a few times as a day as you all know, unless things are in crisis here. :)
Today's guide update:

"
08-03-2015 -- Added 'What kinds of things can kill me?' to FAQ
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Kamina100 wrote:

I should add that list I made to the FAQ :)

Good idea. Btw, apropos of the Corrupted Blood discussion above, I find that to be a potential killer because your health can drop so fast when you're coasting along and not focusing much. I sometimes go "oh crap" and jab the staunch button at the last moment. I haven't died to it recently, but it's pretty dangerous, especially when the rare mob is lost in a huge pile of common mobs and special effects and you didn't see the mod it has. I have that problem with rogue exiles too sometimes, when there are so many mobs running around and I can't even really see what I'm fighting. I think my Belly of the Beast doesn't help with that either, since blood is spraying while I'm hitting stuff.
Last edited by Kamina100 on Aug 4, 2015, 4:12:33 AM
Hello Sovyn, I am enjoying your build so far. Quick question though, I checked your Malachai static strike video, and I was wondering how you attack so quickly. You seem to be on steroids ;-).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info