[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

boss what if we replace golem on cwdt setup with phase run and we manualy cast the golem?
"
sockgr wrote:
boss what if we replace golem on cwdt setup with phase run and we manualy cast the golem?

It depends. Which attack are you using? Are you fully reserving your mana like Sovyn and using Blood Magic gem?

I am currently self casting a high level golem (still leveling it) and it works ok. I know you said .8% mana leech is fine and I only have .6% leech.
I need better gloves, I think.

I also don't know how to link/paste items into thread posts :(

Back on topic. I never tried phase run but I don't think either buff is worth it. Then again, I don't have enough green sockets to try it.

Lastly, I am curious to know what you are personally using, Sock. I mean like links/attacks/gear. Lemme know. Thanks!

EDIT: I forgot to mention, high level golem still dies easily to boss fights, so it might be annoying to re cast all the time during a boss. Just a thought :P
Last edited by andrew8448 on Jul 24, 2015, 9:11:37 AM
"
andrew8448 wrote:
"
sockgr wrote:

It depends. Which attack are you using? Are you fully reserving your mana like Sovyn and using Blood Magic gem?

I am currently self casting a high level golem (still leveling it) and it works ok. I know you said .8% mana leech is fine and I only have .6% leech.
I need better gloves, I think.

Back on topic. I never tried phase run but I don't think either buff is worth it. Then again, I don't have enough green sockets to try it.

Lastly, I am curious to know what you are personally using, Sock. I mean like links/attacks/gear. Lemme know. Thanks!

EDIT: I forgot to mention, high level golem still dies easily to boss fights, so it might be annoying to re cast all the time during a boss. Just a thought :P

hey bro
for link just start post then go up to char click it and then click the item u wanna post!
and BOOM there is a link with ur item! :)
here is my gear (i am with static strike and leap slam with fotrify)
Spoiler

ALSO
i have to report that already did the test of the question i ask before...
phase run gives 1 shot with incresed damage but removes our frenzy charges
so dont any1 bother using it totaly not worth
"
andrew8448 wrote:

also you can click on my username go to my char lazy paly (ilSaggia)
and see my gear and tree! :)
Hey guys

Sovyn, as usual, awesome guide, its really cool that you still support it

During 1.3 I didn't play much, I now removed the dust on my lazy pally and 2.0 is great.

I didn't like static strike much, so right now I'm playing with ice crash and having a lot of fun with it. I have a daresso's defiance as my 6 link (tabula rasa lowers my hp too much), and even though I lose all my end charges on hit, I'm always with endurance charges, and the extra dps doesn't hurt, would probably use belly of the beast if I had a 6 link.

Finally got to upgrate to a doryanis and a 2% block lazhwar, all I need is to improve my gloves/helmet but my current ones are very good so those will take a while.

Having some mana issues unfortunately, I wanted RRRRRB to use IceCrash-Fortify-MeleePhys-WeaponElemental-AddedFire-ConcentratedEffect, I tested that setup and get up to 30k of dps, I figure if I need to keep drinking my mana pot from time to time, at least I'll do as much damage as possible, but right now I have ColdPenetration instead of added fire, eventually I'll get the colors I hope, or another 6link heh

I have 0.78 phys mana leech but that doesn't seem to be enough for ice crash, it does help and its fine with groups of enemies, but I can't get rid of my mana pot yet, Once I get more chromes, I'll try to recolor my gloves so I can replace my fire golem for an ice golem, and see if the extra accuracy and crits helps

As always, thanks for a great guide and dedication Sovyn

My equipment right now
Spoiler

"
sockgr wrote:
"
andrew8448 wrote:

also you can click on my username go to my char lazy paly (ilSaggia)
and see my gear and tree! :)

Thank you for the posts. Really appreciate it!
As i said i keep you up to date, what the results of testing Frost Blades are.

Base DPS (while standing in HO) with only Hatred and Ash running, Frost Blades' DPS is about 2k higher, than the DPS of Static Strike. On map the results were, that Charges, Blood Rage etc. on Frost Blades are not as effective, as on Static Strike. Here I got a DPS difference of more than 10k, as you can see on screenshots below:

vs

39K versus ~52K says alot I think.

Testing with other support-gems like GMP, Fork and Faster Attacks only reduced the DPS of Frost Blades even more. Furthermore, Frost Blades don't have any effect like the explosions of Static Strike.

Maybe, if one uses jewels that are made for cold skills, or jewels with projectile dmg it could be possible to reach the same tooltip dps.

I resume: The most advantage of Frost Blades is its high melee range, to can stay away from bosses that will hurt you much. The missing dmg instead would cause to take a lot longer to take monsters down.
Hi Sovyn and other fellow lazy pallys

I just hit 50 on Tempest (HC) wth my guy (Defender_of_Taurus) and have a 3440 DPS tooltip on the field (Herald of Fire, Herald of Ice, Fire Golem).
How does this compare with the values you had on A2 cruel?
My weapon:

My links (4L):
LS - Faster Attacks - WED - Added cold

Malachai was much easier than expected, but then again, I read it got nerfed last patch a day or two ago.....
Breach build - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1772123
Update

I changed my gloves for other gloves with life, these are AR/EV
Changed to Tabula Rasa while I get the colors right on daresso's defiance
Switched Cold Penetration for BloodMagic
Switched Fire golem to Ice golem
Added Arctic Armor since I no longer use mana

I'm more happy with this setup, its really hard to sustain mana with ice crash, I did take a dps hit, since I have around 26k max dps instead of 30k without added fire damage, but it feels good enough, only rare or magic mobs with elemental resist seem to last a bit longer, but they all die quite fast.

Also, while my Armor physical reduction went down from 54% to 47%, since I have arctic armour at 12% phys resist, it's actually up, with the added benefit of more fire resistance and slowing enemies that hit me.

Another possible option I guess, would be to change the curse from enfeeble to poachers mark, but I'm not sure how hard that hit would be, specially since I don't have any defenses in chest from using tabula rasa.
"
sockgr wrote:
I ACTUALY NEVER GO TO YOUR GEAR SECTION
BECAUSE OF THIS GLOVES OF YOURS...
THIS GODLY THINGS PROPABLY COST LIKE 100EX
THE FIRST TIME I SAW THEM I ALMOST DIE FROM HEART ATK.

edit: i still dont get it how 24.5k cyclon
is better than 85k static...
even 49k of ice crush looks way better!

I got the gloves for 20 chaos but I was lucky, the guy probably was a league player and didn't care.

Cyclone "better?" Not really, just an alternative. Cyclone performs better than the tooltip DPS would seem though. Possibly because it's mobile there is less downtime between attacks. You can see I do a bit better in my static strike act 4 video vs. my cyclone act 4 video (see the total video playing time) but it's nothing that can't be explained by my simply getting better at it. However I do think I'll switch back to static strike after all as it may be slightly better for me. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info