[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
sockgr wrote:
sovyn have u considered use 1 of this curses as main?
Warlord's Mark (for hp/mana leech mostly)
Poacher's Mark (same reasons plus less evading mobs)
Assassin's Mark (for more crit chance and dmg plus hp/mana regen on kill)

Honestly I haven't looked at the curses in like a year, I'll have to test them again. It was on my to-do list but slipped a bit because I was confused about what attack skill I wanted for 2.0 (it's Cyclone). I'll get around to it at some point along with comparing Flame Golem with Ice Golem. Right now I'm working on an act 4 merciless video showing all the boss fights (it's going pretty well but I'm slow as I don't have a lot of time).
"
andrew8448 wrote:
P.S. Long time lurker, first time poster. Love this build :D

Welcome lurker Andrew! Glad you are enjoying. Thanks for trying to help answer questions.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jul 18, 2015, 8:01:55 PM
"
Matthew577 wrote:
Right now I'm working on getting some mana leech on a ring or Jewel to help with mana issues. In the meantime would reserving about 200 life for a low level clarity + blood magic be a bad idea to help supplement it in the meantime?

You can try that but it might not make much difference. You can try using Elreon rings, mana leech rings, a slow recovering mana flask, or to solve it permanently, blood magic (BM) support gem. I went with BM support for now (see my current gear on page 1) because fights like Malachai require you to be all over the place so the less you have to worry about the better.
"
latterus14 wrote:
Any particular reason why Romira's is not purchased used until 85? Im 82 at the moment on Warbands and have about 2 exalts in currency but not sure where to go with my gear from this point:

No need for Romira's until you are ready to take off RT. RT is better until you get some crit nodes. Defenses come first. You are on the cusp of being the right level to think about it.

Other than that you have some gear with low/no life that would need upgrading. Level/quality your gems. Saving for a white 6-link.
"
bbmello wrote:
I'm stuck at around:

3.5k - 4.5k dps (ice crash vs static strike)
2.5k hp
68/74/75/-16 res

Stuck? Usually with any melee build some people 'forget' to upgrade their weapon. With a decent weapon it's fine. PoE is a hardcore game, you have to farm and trade to get anywhere with any build. It's a time investment game. Sorry you're not having fun but it is the exception.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
andrew8448 wrote:
P.S. Long time lurker, first time poster. Love this build :D

Welcome lurker Andrew! Glad you are enjoying. Thanks for trying to help answer questions.

Thanks! Also, I totally thought you were still using your pre-2.0 Curse on Hit Setup, that's why I thought you still used Elemental Weakness.

Also, I am guessing you didn't change the colors on your Rainbowstride, so probably Vulnerability would be the go-to curse if you are using Cyclone now. Just my opinion :D

I am still using Static Strike as my main but I have tested various skills such as Double Strike, Frost Blades. I find I have over 90k peak DPS on Static Strike. That means it would be even higher since explosions aren't counted in tool tip? Consider me another person vouching for Static Strike, then!
Just hit level 90 on Standard and spec'd into Amplify. Good times!
"
andrew8448 wrote:
....so probably Vulnerability would be the go-to curse if you are using Cyclone now. Just my opinion :D

I am still using Static Strike as my main but I have tested various skills such as Double Strike, Frost Blades. I find I have over 90k peak DPS on Static Strike. That means it would be even higher since explosions aren't counted in tool tip?...

I thought of switching back to Vulnerability (what I used in 1.2) but my Cyclone tooltip still has double the amount of elemental damage vs. physical. I'm using Enfeeble right now because I'm doing Merciless Malachai and defenses are most important there.

I think the 90K would be your calculated damage peak, tooltip is probably 56K. At least I'd have trouble squeezing that much out and my gear is similar to yours. The multiplier to figure the explosions for static is 1.6. Maybe you can perform miracles. However, 90K calculated total DPS is very good for a tank.
"
bbmello wrote:
I'm a new POE player and i really regret going this build now

I'm level 63 and am getting trounced, can't find any of the necessary gear but a friend of mine was nice enough to give me that life leech shield

Should have just gone that cookie cutter flame totem build and done this as a second character :(

I'm stuck at around:

3.5k - 4.5k dps (ice crash vs static strike)
2.5k hp
68/74/75/-16 res

Nah, this build is more fun than Flame Totem, trust me. I've done Flame Totem builds twice in the past.

---------------------------------------

Just grind Docks for a bit to get some money, and then buy a weapon somewhere between 250 and 300 pDPS.

I ran a search just now and saw a lot of great weapons in the ~270-280 pDPS range going for 15c. Hell, you should probably have around 15c worth of currency right now if you haven't been spending it, haha. If not, don't worry, it won't take long.

----------------------------------------

That's more than good enough to get you through mid-level mapping.
Last edited by K0rrupted on Jul 18, 2015, 9:19:08 PM
Hello Sovyn,

I have not prepared my skill tree.
Aegis Aurora remains a valid option?

I used it quite along with Stone of Lazhwar, Rainbowtrides and Doryanis's Catalyst very successfully.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Zatlan on Jul 18, 2015, 10:01:06 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
I think the 90K would be your calculated damage peak, tooltip is probably 56K. At least I'd have trouble squeezing that much out and my gear is similar to yours. The multiplier to figure the explosions for static is 1.6. Maybe you can perform miracles. However, 90K calculated total DPS is very good for a tank.

Nope. When I do all my charges and flasks, I highlight the lower box to see my dps and it says 91k or so on Static Strike. I am too lazy to do screenshots, though. And my one piece of gear difference from you is my suicidal helm Abyssus which lets me put out a bit more DPS. I have tested various skills and they are all in the ~80k range. I know the Abyssus gives a little over 2k dps, or something like that.

All my other gear is loosely similar to yours. I am running a 6L Belly of the Beast, though. Same boots, defence gloves, leather belt that gives ~100 to max HP. Block Lazhwar, Romira, and a chaos resis ring.

I am at 4700HP + 225 ES, 75/75/71 resist, -30 chaos resist.

I am current testing Frost Blades level 19, no quality in a 6L and mana CAN be a problem at times but clear speed still quite good. I still rely on Static strike for hard/serious maps though.

For reference, level 19 Frost Blades, no flasks, no charges, only Herald+Hatred+Golem (admittedly, higher level than yours but still only a few % dmg difference. call me 'less lazy?' lol)
the dps is sitting at 40k dps in hideout. With flask and blood rage(again less lazy since it is levelled and I do manually cast it everytime before a mob/fight) it shoots to 54.6k.

Just some thoughts and numbers for fellow lazy pally to reference.

I have been playing this build for around a year now (much less than Sovyn, probably) and I must say he made me appreciate tank builds all the more :D
Last edited by andrew8448 on Jul 18, 2015, 10:11:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info