[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
Updated current gear section with new screenshots and the new calculated dps total: 47,253 DPS

This should go up some when my gems are leveled. I hate to speak too soon, but 50K should be well within reach.

Obviously Static Strike is resisted more than Reave (my choice in 1.2 and prior), but since we are doing a good amount of all four damage types it should be quite good. Elemental Weakness curse on CWDT will help somewhat as well. I like the round AOE shape.

Agree, after testing Static Strike for a bit (at low Level though, late Act 3 Normal, Level 34'ish) I have found a new favorite skill!

Certainly gonna go on with Static Strike from here, maybe keep Reave as a backup skill for certain Map mods later on.

And Happy New Year to all Lazy Pally's out there :)
Today's update --
"
01-01-2015 -- Updated trigger gem section to be consistent with what I'm currently using

What I'm going to do with my utility links is still up in the air with the changes from 1.3 however. :)

But, this will do for now.

(Considering counter-attacks or curse on hit for tempest shield, etc., lots of ideas.)
This is the setup I'm thinking about for the utility links in 1.3:

shield 3 link - cwdt enduring cry blood rage
weapon 3 link - whirling blades faster attacks riposte
gloves 4 link - cwdt immortal call increased duration molten shell
boots 4 link - curse on hit elemental weakness reckoning vengeance

This is a nice combo of offense and defense for endgame. The CoH 4-link should ensure the curse is cast every time a monster breathes on us, except when we evade. Also, note the faster attacks is just for chaining whirling blades, riposte is just there because there's no other place for it.
Build looks really amazing for 1.3 now!

Oh, and another plus to using Static Strike over Reave is that you can use any weapon with Static Strike, but with Reave you are limited to claws, daggers or swords.
"
Stefacle wrote:
Oh, and another plus to using Static Strike over Reave is that you can use any weapon with Static Strike, but with Reave you are limited to claws, daggers or swords.

Right, that fits in with the original premise of the build even better!
Today I have updated my current gear section in the guide with my final optimized 1.3 gem setup. Of course, most of the gems still need some leveling.

I suppose the guide above there needs updating now as well. Maybe later. :)
Hey I really like this guide. I am running something a bit similar, though my tree is different and my damage is much much lower than yours. At level 81 my static strike only deals about 8k dps though I'm sure it's mostly because of my weapon.

These are my current gear pieces, obviously some needs work but my resists are well above cap.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUAfA6nVVugQ8hPBGjyogDwH8BmBLO4kzLRRUdTUkWdmuDr7rc-QYf56ILHKPo1kti9_grzBvuqBjkki3y7r2xRYIKb7DjtIOFzGjiQVScvRtdXKXGFwBqApFXWZOcXL_rSZp7jahZvNukkqu8OUEfkUWebrj534zwtxq5fPxQgGj7yLx7fT1azP768guSQEYqvSshuqrXy4iwJM9E2FSAqTT8nvqcZtMrTLOlHfr02ZU2E2cGCL8xi7E1GtorFig==

This is my current tree. I need about 7 regret orbs and to hit level 82 to polish it up as I changed from a flameblast templar and needed some of the top nodes, which I'll be taking out shortly. I run herald of fire/thunder and hatred so I like to have reduced mana cost, and then I put clarity + herald of ice on blood magic.

Any advice for finding better gear would be appreciated.
well, looks interesting
beginner friendly hardcore viable meele build, that in addition is so flexible, simple and cheap...
just shut up and take my money XD

but why dont you consider molten strike as alternative main attack skill?
is there something wrong with this skill or did u just forget about it?
"
lord9898 wrote:
Hey I really like this guide. I am running something a bit similar, though my tree is different and my damage is much much lower than yours. At level 81 my static strike only deals about 8k dps though I'm sure it's mostly because of my weapon.

Hello lord9898!

Your damage is lower somewhat because of your weapon, but the fact is that resolute technique would give you more damage than those elemental nodes.

Also I don't think herald of thunder is contributing much due to low crit chance/low chance to shock.

I think you will have mana problems with physical to lightning which is why I don't recommend it. Multistrike is so much better.

Stone of Lazhwar is cheap and common even if you are self found, I found 5 of them myself. I think it would be better than your amulet if you can find a way to use it.

See my current gear for optimized setup. :) I've thought it through very carefully.
"
Bisquit wrote:
well, looks interesting
beginner friendly hardcore viable meele build, that in addition is so flexible, simple and cheap...
just shut up and take my money XD

but why dont you consider molten strike as alternative main attack skill?
is there something wrong with this skill or did u just forget about it?

Hi Bisquit :)

I used to recommend molten strike as a good starter skill (probably through cruel) then transition to Reave for endgame. This was the strongest choice pre-1.3. Now, Static Strike is far and away the best choice. It's easily 1/3rd more damage for us than any other option.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info