[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
noober2111 wrote:
Hello

How can u manage with ur mana ? If i wan't to use my cleave with faster attacks,multistrike,pyshicaldmg,firedmg (also hatred,ash and shield(reduced mana)) my mana runs out in 2 seconds . I have to use cleave,faster attacks,pyshical dmg,multistrike and bloodmagic instead.

Cheers,

Happy holidays!

Hi :)

I have approximately 150 mana left after reservations, and 2% mana leech. I never run out assuming I am hitting something.

If you don't have a very high reduced mana gem and trading for one is not a possibility, then blood magic may be a reasonable choice for now.

Edit - another thing to check is that your weapon is all/mostly physical damage, not elemental.
Last edited by Sovyn on Dec 24, 2014, 6:20:02 PM
Updated my current gear section -

- crafted elemental damage on my belt, minor dps increase for herald of ash and hatred

- Blood rage on CWDT instead of summon skelies (for 3 frenzy charges ... 15% attack speed)

- new cheap rings to cover slight resistance imbalance and raise chaos resist to +4% in merciless (which is quite good)
Hi again

Is it possible to do atziri with this build ?
"
noober2111 wrote:
Hi again

Is it possible to do atziri with this build ?

I have never tried this on any build (and I have some expensive builds that are billed as Uber Atziri capable by others), just no time, but I don't see why not, we have lots of defenses and at that level with appropriate gear, pretty good damage too.

Chain manual cast immortal call like everyone else does to get past the trio, if necessary. I'd be curious if our particular combination of defenses could bypass that requirement.

When you try it, let us know!
Current gem setup in use -

I'll perhaps switch concentrated for incr. AOE if I stay with static.

In 6-man 77 maps it does seem to kill at an acceptable speed, even solo. Better than Reave 6-link? Still not sure on that question. Survivability was quite trivial in those same 77 maps with this build of course since that is the focus of the build. The random folks that joined the group tended to die every so often.

Edit, forgot to mention that I'm not using faster attacks only because I did not roll the right colors on the chest.
Last edited by Sovyn on Dec 29, 2014, 6:43:30 PM
This is my current working model.....

Took 90 chromes to get the colors:

Total DPS is 46,903 (tooltip with my usual buffs up, times 1.7 to figure in the explosions).

I did some math to figure out the best supports for Static Strike for us and this is it, overall.

Concentrated effect instead of added fire adds a few hundred more DPS but at a large reduction in AOE size leading to decreased clearing efficiency.

Conc effect instead of faster attacks is not even worth looking at.

DPS drop from switching any gem out for increased AOE is substantial, but this may be an option is one is willing to swap gems for bosses - not the lazy pally way.

Melee damage on full life is excellent, but only when full life (never with blood rage or many map mods).

Physical to lightning is out because it's too hard to keep mana up and it's not that super compared to other options anyway.

So, as I said, this is the best combo overall I think.

Also the curse in CWDT will be elemental weakness instead of vulnerability as I'm doing large amounts of all three elements.

Another idea I'm considering is linking tempest to curse on hit and ele weakness to keep it up more. Or I can use that space for riposte, reckoning, etc.

That's it for today's news, I'll probably be updating the guide over the next few days unless anyone has further input.
Looks great Sovyn!

Maybe I should try out Static Strike as well, but I really like Reave.

Hmm, decisions, gonna check where/how to get Static Strike, I guess I vendored one or two so far, hehe.

EDIT: Well, it's a quest reward for first quest for Templar and Marauder, so I guess it's just to roll a new toon to get it :)
Last edited by Stefacle on Dec 31, 2014, 2:35:09 AM
"
Stefacle wrote:

EDIT: Well, it's a quest reward for first quest for Templar and Marauder, so I guess it's just to roll a new toon to get it :)

Yep, roll, stash, delete :)
Changelog update:

"
12-31-2014 -- Changed recommended skill from Reave to Static Strike

...Also added suggestion to use Elemental Weakness in CWDT

... Need to update current gear section with new screenshots / DPS figures
Updated current gear section with new screenshots and the new calculated dps total: 47,253 DPS

This should go up some when my gems are leveled. I hate to speak too soon, but 50K should be well within reach.

Obviously Static Strike is resisted more than Reave (my choice in 1.2 and prior), but since we are doing a good amount of all four damage types it should be quite good. Elemental Weakness curse on CWDT will help somewhat as well. I like the round AOE shape.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info