[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

In addition to the post above there's also this item in the patch notes.

"
GGG wrote:
The evasion values of dexterity shields have been reduced.
"
In addition to the post above there's also this item in the patch notes.

"
GGG wrote:
The evasion values of dexterity shields have been reduced.

Right, fortunately not a big deal for us as we are getting a lot more "increased defenses from equipped shield" in 1.3, so if one were to use an evasion shield, they would be actually better than they were in 1.2.
Last edited by Sovyn on Dec 12, 2014, 5:39:02 PM
Finished initial pass on 1.3 builds -- some minor respecs required at various stages, should be self explanatory.
Hello Sovyn and fellow Paladins - er wait I mean Templars.

I have tried to make a new Lightning Strike build using your build as a base. These are my objectives:

1) Hit both 5% chance to Shock/Ignite/Freeze nodes
2) Get as much +life and +life% as possible
3) Get as much block as possible, although I realise I will not be able to reach 33%.
4) Hit the Sovereignty node so that I can run the same auras + Tempest Shield as your build
5) Hit all the Endurance charge nodes as well as both +duration nodes, because I like using Enduring Cry
6) Resolute Technique
7) Unwavering Stance & Iron Reflexes
8) Master Of the Arena + Art of the Gladiator for easy melee action
9) Avoid Melee Damage nodes in favour of Physical Damage where possible
10) As many Mace damage & attack speed nodes as possible as I plan on using Doranyi's Catalyst hopefully

This is where I am currently: clicky

So I would really love your opinions on it, especially on the following:

- Is 10% chance to shock enough, and will the shock status last long enough? I'm worried about damage.
- Enough life?

PS: I hope it's ok to post this here, if you feel I'm derailing your thread then please let me know.
Last edited by Yosharian on Dec 13, 2014, 10:41:13 AM
build of sovyn does not reach 75 block....should not be called max block lol unless its assumed that ur running bor
What DIABLO III never was is everything Path of Exile is

Last edited by guhan85 on Dec 13, 2014, 12:36:09 PM
Will it be viable to use Reckoning and Vengeance as damage dealers with this build?
"
guhan85 wrote:
build of sovyn does not reach 75 block....should not be called max block lol unless its assumed that ur running bor

Nice.........

1) As you know, the game changes all the time, this build has been around for years and has been through dozens of "major patches"

2) You can reach max block with my build. 33% on tree, 32% on shield, 8% on amulet, 5% from tempest shield. That's 78 block, without evening needing to bother corrupting the amulet or using any legacy items.
"
Yosharian wrote:
Hello Sovyn and fellow Paladins - er wait I mean Templars.

I have tried to make a new Lightning Strike build using your build as a base. These are my objectives:

Hello Yosharian! I'm not a big fan of IR, I prefer evasion + Ondar's. Also, I don't think that build would do as much damage or be as tanky as the standard build. I'm certainly not an expert on lightning skills, however. It looks interesting though. :)
"
Razorwind wrote:
Will it be viable to use Reckoning and Vengeance as damage dealers with this build?

That's what I'm looking for feedback on. :)
Looking good Sovyn, great job when they said block builds are dead :)

Also interesting to see that Scion is now an alternative to Templar!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info