[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Route1 wrote:
Has anyone tried glacial hammer with this build? It recently got a little buff and I would like to know how this more defensive attack skill would interact with this build.

It's been tried but not a standout as the recommended skills will clear an area much faster and with all of our defenses we don't really need freeze. I suppose you could add a freeze mine or cold snap/trap/proliferate 3-link to your setup if freezing trash mobs is really your bag. :D Me, I just like to mow them down quicker since white/blue/yellow* mobs are no threat. (In case you were not aware, there is no practical way to freeze unique bosses.)

*minus the consideration for corrupting blood and volatile nemesis mods
What's the reason for all the crit and accuracy nodes while also having Resolute Technique?
"
Lenox2288 wrote:
What's the reason for all the crit and accuracy nodes while also having Resolute Technique?

They would be for the % to damage and attack speed
"
Lenox2288 wrote:

As above. These were the most efficient damage nodes available. The math was done. Not sure why folks keep getting hung up on this.
"
Lenox2288 wrote:

The reason is quite simple. There are some better and pure attack + damage nodes around, but what Sovyn has done in his suggested tree, is focusing on one handed dps+attack without being restricted to any specific weapon. His tree is flexible whether u choose sword, dagger, claw, axe etc. But if anyone wants to emphasize on any particular weapon he can take better nodes as alternative. For example, if u are focusing on sword only, there are some juicy nodes near Resolute Technique that provides dps+ 12% life + Strength :D

It's all up to u really. Sovyn just laid out a neat template for everyone to build on.

Cheers all.
Last edited by archzin on Aug 25, 2014, 11:49:25 PM
Thank you for elaborating, archzin. :)
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Lenox2288 wrote:

As above. These were the most efficient damage nodes available. The math was done. Not sure why folks keep getting hung up on this.

I can't speak for others, but I'm just trying to learn the game. Was trying to understand. Thought maybe I understood Resolute Technique incorrectly.

"
archzin wrote:
"
Lenox2288 wrote:

The reason is quite simple. There are some better and pure attack + damage nodes around, but what Sovyn has done in his suggested tree, is focusing on one handed dps+attack without being restricted to any specific weapon. His tree is flexible whether u choose sword, dagger, claw, axe etc. But if anyone wants to emphasize on any particular weapon he can take better nodes as alternative. For example, if u are focusing on sword only, there are some juicy nodes near Resolute Technique that provides dps+ 12% life + Strength :D

It's all up to u really. Sovyn just laid out a neat template for everyone to build on.

Cheers all.

Good explanation. Thanks.
Last edited by Lenox2288 on Aug 26, 2014, 9:34:44 AM
"
Lenox2288 wrote:

I can't speak for others, but I'm just trying to learn the game. Was trying to understand. Thought maybe I understood Resolute Technique incorrectly.

Great! Welcome to PoE. :) If you have any further questions, just let us know.
wow, thanks for this amazing build and your feedback to all those question. This is outstanding!

I used to play this guide 1 year ago. I haven't played in a while but I guess I will give it another try.

I was looking for suitable Items and I'm still unsure which shield to use. found a Saffell's Frame in my stash with 107% block chance to spells. So there would be no need for rathpith, stone of lazwar, rainbowstride since they dont give other usefull nodes. Is it worth taking it? I would lose the ability to block attacks. Therefore I am concerned that my HP-bar will be too small, saffells doesn't have life nodes.

Lioneyes Remorse or a high evasioin shield could maybe be better. Yes, no?

Have you already tried Atziri with this build?

"
Dooobs wrote:
wow, thanks for this amazing build and your feedback to all those question. This is outstanding!

I used to play this guide 1 year ago. I haven't played in a while but I guess I will give it another try.

I was looking for suitable Items and I'm still unsure which shield to use. found a Saffell's Frame in my stash with 107% block chance to spells. So there would be no need for rathpith, stone of lazwar, rainbowstride since they dont give other usefull nodes. Is it worth taking it? I would lose the ability to block attacks. Therefore I am concerned that my HP-bar will be too small, saffells doesn't have life nodes.

Lioneyes Remorse or a high evasioin shield could maybe be better. Yes, no?

Have you already tried Atziri with this build?

Hi Dooobs! Welcome back!

The build is better than ever!

Saffell's can't be used full-time, you have to use the weapon switch and have two decent weapons of the same type. X key to switch when you see a strong pure spellcaster boss or rogue. I don't think this approach is as good as the one I have chosen, that is, capping block at 78% and spell block at 76% full time. This way I'm able to do mixed content with ease. It's not that expensive either. See my current gear section. I spent less than 5 ex total now at a time when most people spend that or (much) more on one item for their high level character.

I have not had time to try Atziri. Sitting down for a couple hours straight to make a serious first attempt is not in the cards atm. The build is very strong though and should have as good a chance as any melee build out there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info