[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
strangelove41 wrote:
And thanks for the quick 1.2 progression update! I am having a blast with this build.

That's great! You're welcome!
Nice to see you've started trading, looks like you've got some substantial upgrades rocking now Sov =D

Interesting that we no longer pass the duelist area at all, does losing leather and steel (reduces movement penalties) cause much of an issue? I typically use shield charge to get around so movement isn't strictly important.

Still looking for a decent claw for reave (current foil is something like 218 pdps+another 80 elem), considering going back to my 320 pdps axe and cleaving since I have a 20/20 cleave...
"
Saviourself wrote:
Nice to see you've started trading, looks like you've got some substantial upgrades rocking now Sov =D

Interesting that we no longer pass the duelist area at all, does losing leather and steel (reduces movement penalties) cause much of an issue? I typically use shield charge to get around so movement isn't strictly important.

Still looking for a decent claw for reave (current foil is something like 218 pdps+another 80 elem), considering going back to my 320 pdps axe and cleaving since I have a 20/20 cleave...

Hi Saviourself :)

No issues losing leather and steel except a minor drop in armour/evasion, which is unfortunate, but no problem considering gains in other areas. Movement is handled via faster attacks + whirling blades, same as before. ...And I'm taking Aspect of the Panther....

Carefully considered Duelist area but did not measure up to other options post 1.2 unfortunately. Think the four nodes leading into it was the problem as other options are found along the route going around + marauder area.

In any case, DPS and life totals were calculated for every node and the best totals were using the tree as now presented in the guide, at least while maintaining max block and spell block that is. I'm really liking the build playstyle with the 28% increased AOE size we have from the tree now.

Cleave is a good option if one has a much better axe than other weapons available. :) I was very lucky to find that claw I'm using for an affordable cost. Mirrored gear would be way better, but for the normal guy like me, it's great.
Yeah, I was mapping with a guy for a while using a claw, reave and a legacy shav's ES build with a mirrored 450-500 odd dps claw (iirc), it was like watching a mobile nuclear explosion...
Hey Sovyn,

thanks for this build, I decided to use this as a template in the new rampage league.
However, since I started out as Scion instead of Templar, my progression is a little different from yours (they merge around level 40 I think).

Now my question is: How important is the Templar starting area? I'm currently going for RT, so which order would you recommend after that? I'm currently thinking
RT > shield node below Templar > Marauder > shield node above Templar > Templar area

after that I'd follow your progression again.

Any thoughts? :)
"
Sengralon wrote:
Hey Sovyn,

thanks for this build, I decided to use this as a template in the new rampage league.
However, since I started out as Scion instead of Templar, my progression is a little different from yours (they merge around level 40 I think).

Now my question is: How important is the Templar starting area? I'm currently going for RT, so which order would you recommend after that? I'm currently thinking
RT > shield node below Templar > Marauder > shield node above Templar > Templar area

after that I'd follow your progression again.

Any thoughts? :)

The main issue with starting scion is you lose some damage from the templar starting nodes. Not a big deal though, you can stop at Crusader.

I'd get RT first, then all of the block nodes (refer to the guide build for most efficient routes) with a few of the 10%/14% life nodes along the way, then get Ondar's, then the best damage nodes (AOE size, etc), then most of the rest of the life, then the weaker damage nodes I take last (the damage nodes I did take were the best I could find).
Last edited by Sovyn on Aug 22, 2014, 4:18:48 PM
Did the Necropolis map in a 6-man party today. The boss is certainly buffed! 4/6 people died immediately with just me and an archer remaining standing. I tanked everything and we managed to kill it, even with 6-man life on the thing. Certainly a testament to the build as it took a massive amount of abuse in there. Wish I had a video of that!
Last edited by Sovyn on Aug 22, 2014, 4:27:54 PM
Couple of comments re: the new patch and how the build performs.

1. Health... Wow, same gear with the new build, sitting at over 1k higher in HP.

2. Spell block in the builds seems to reduce the need for Stone of Laz. I found myself short 40 points on dex for my MH, so I swapped in the Carnage Heart for the laz to get it equipped and see how I went. Even losing 25% hp, I'm still as tanky as ever and spells don't seem to be that big a deal anymore. Did the fire alchemist vaal map and managed to kill him no dramas without the Laz (even with the Laz under the old build, that fight was touch and go).

3. Reave with the aoe mods is nuts. Hitting mobs from miles away. Was almost thinking that it might be worth experimenting with a KB modifier on a 6L (as the last mod is typically a bit of a wasted spot) and using reave to wash the mobs back towards the fringe. As the AOE expands rapidly, you'd still hit your targets without having to chase them like you do with heavy strike.

4. I love the pally "defend the artifacts"/smite stuff quests, ezimode with reave. Stand in the middle and blaze away.
Has anyone tried glacial hammer with this build? It recently got a little buff and I would like to know how this more defensive attack skill would interact with this build.
"
Saviourself wrote:
Couple of comments re: the new patch and how the build performs.

Sounds all positive, that's been my experience as well, still my favorite character! Thanks for sharing your experiences too. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info