[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

I finally got around to adding a FAQ section to the guide. The first Q&A is "Why not get Iron Reflexes?" I think that is by far the most common question in this thread, so I decided it was time to address it in the guide.
Man you are almost psychic - I was about to post asking about Iron Reflexes (and too lazy to check the 200 pages if already answered! Hey, this build is for lazy people :-P).

Thanks

In the new domination league, I tried a scion, lost interest around level 30 or so - tried other classes etc, and keep coming back to this build (I tried to build the scion to be like this also). I think this is THE build for my personal preferences and playstyle!

I am gonna start a templar now on domination (I messed up my standard level 76 templar point allocation with release in a very bad way haha).

Thanks again )

Curious Q: Anyone ever used "double Strike" as their main attack (linked up with melee splash etc as usual)? Or is it not viable?

"
MildlyClever wrote:

Thanks again )

Curious Q: Anyone ever used "double Strike" as their main attack (linked up with melee splash etc as usual)? Or is it not viable?

Welcome back, MildlyClever. :)

Yes, lots of lazy pallies use double strike. It's great with life gain on hit as it hits twice as often, and there is no knockback, but each hit is for less damage so it's not as good as heavy strike in terms of leeching or armour penetration. (HS has the best damage effectiveness score in the game -- 150%)
Sovyn:

This is my second post since starting my Lazy Pally. Nothing but high praise for your build, I am now level 63, not sure what lvl I was when I made that post but ---> this is cake. I am in Merceless Act 3 heading to kill the General. Vaal was surprisingly very easy, the warden was just a yawn.

My resist all maxed and chaos is -23 (working on that)

I chose some passives earlier in some places and other passives here and there.

Some stats:

Life: 2,641
Mana: 460
Dam Red 29%
DPS 767.4
Block 62%
Ev. Rat 3481
Chance to Ev 42%
Run Speed +19%
Main Hand Damage w/Heavy Strike, Multi Strike, Melee Splash, Melee Phys Dam & Fast Attack= 3,622.3 --- Atk Time .21

My Gear:

At Lvl 68: (5 lvls away)

My Build Thus Far:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAdwB5wSzBS0UIBRxFm8aMho4G_odFCNNJd8oxTWSNug62EA2QKBBqkRySshMNU3YT31QR1FgU99VxlivWNtZ82BLZp5sRm5pbqpwfXKpdO14DXrvfNmAVoFvguSExITZhO-Kr4x2j0aQEZBVm4OePJ65ogCkGacwp4SpbqmVrKqsr7T5tfK-ir6nwBrPZdBH0NDsOPAf8773Mvjr-tI=

I really can't thank you enough, this is my first character who is picking up maps, 2 so far and finally having a character than can stand toe to toe with anything I have seen thus far. Your build started me down a road with a ton of fun.

Thanks

Ishkabibble

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

USMC - Vietnam 1967 - 1968 - 1969
Last edited by Ishkabibble on Nov 22, 2013, 10:58:15 AM
"
Ishkabibble wrote:

I really can't thank you enough, this is my first character who is picking up maps, 2 so far and finally having a character than can stand toe to toe with anything I have seen thus far. Your build started me down a road with a ton of fun.

Thanks

Ishkabibble

I'm so glad it's been working great for you. :)

Stats looking good, next step is to max out block then get damage reduction up a little (determination gem at higher level helps) and then some more DPS with a better weapon eventually. :)
Thanks. I was away for 3 weeks and back now :)

Was thinking of leveling up a double strike (my templar is level 6 now :D). Guess I will use HS on this guy too and just play around with double strike :)

I loved Heavy Strike on my previous level 76 templar - especially the knockback , and loved the combo with warlord's mark (practically insta max endurance charges - when using multistrike with it). Didnt have an issue with the knockback - it actually helped if I was getting ganged up on by more than a few mob packs.
Hey!
I need an advice.
i currently have a 4 link chest armor with 1200 armor.
is it worth going for a 5 link instead with ~700 armor ?
i would loose around 1300 armor,8% phys reduction.

My stats are:
lvl 67
3400hp
1100 dps
4250 armor 43% phys dmg reduction
3300 evasion 37% evade
52% block
32% spell block
Beside the great build Sovyn made (i really love my lazy pally), i think it is much more honorable, how Sovyn takes care of his "followers".
Nearly every single day he looks into this thread, giving answers or hints and explains why this, and why that not.
I always look into this thread, even if i don't have anything to ask.

Just want to say: Thumbs up, Sovyn!!

people make mistakes, but to get real chaos, you need a computer.
As mentioned in my post above, I am literally walking through each act up to and now including the General. Last night toe to toe and he was down in about 40 sec.

In five levels I will be adding this:

Which should easily put my Heavy Strike well over 4.5k (3,622 now), so after doing some advanced math (took my shoes off) and thus far not getting hit enough to notice, I decided to address all resists including chaos over the last few levels and only now (lvl 63) begin to move to the right and get Ondars Guile along with the added life node as well as the little shield beauties above.

My thinking, (probably faulty) is that we end up with almost the same exact build but my prior experience with games similar, the lack of max resists and surprising stuns should be addressed asap. Well the stuns are almost nonexistent but resist concerns result in my waking up screaming in the middle of the night.

I have no intention going after Dominus for some time, for now I will leave Piety alone until I unwrap my new toy at 68. Currently looking for new gear, maps and exalt drops (1 so far).

My brother started a Lazy Pally last night, currently lvl 20 and he will be using the weapons I aquired along the way:

Now to find/buy that 1 hand end game masterpiece

Ishkabibble
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

USMC - Vietnam 1967 - 1968 - 1969
Last edited by Ishkabibble on Nov 22, 2013, 12:10:34 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:

Congrats on adapting the build to the Duelist, shyftyx! I knew you could do it. :) Let us know if you run into any problems in Merciless. Problems are usually gear related so we can advise.

Thanks! Everything's going well so far - I'm 63 now and unlocked the waypoint at Scepter of God solo, and finished all other sidequests. Gardens/Hedge Maze is a joke. Facetanked Kole as usual (:

I play self-found so I'll be praying for a better weapon when the time comes for mapping. I also just realized that BoR gives 15% block, which is pretty insane. I can use the shield nodes I save from BoR and dump them into mana reserve nodes, which would help a lot...

"
MildlyClever wrote:

I use Double Strike as my main AoE with Melee Splash and company and it does its job fairly well. I also use Heavy Strike as my single-target; I personally feel its damage potential too valuable to "waste" with Melee Splash. (;
xeroslash - One-Hand/Shield Lightning Strike Templar
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/75285

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info