[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Could you post a video of you doing higher tier maps with better gear shown in your guide unless that's not possible because you aren't all that geared up yet. I'm watching the piety fight and it is really a slow fight granted that this video is old.
"
sumyounguy wrote:
Could you post a video of you doing higher tier maps with better gear shown in your guide unless that's not possible because you aren't all that geared up yet. I'm watching the piety fight and it is really a slow fight granted that this video is old.

Hello sumyounguy, I am self found. I'm sure I could do a new Piety video that is more convincing nowadays. I don't know when I'll have time though. If you would like to see what the build can do, Borislav uses my build and has some good videos posted on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw_fLFB1EjCDNvc2ch-CiDg/videos
Would it be worth dropping my resists for a high block shield? I just checked and my block chance is actually 24%... Currently running tempest shield, brings my block chance to around 50% only :( .. So my question is would it be worth dropping the tri resists for a higher block % shield?
"
PigOfPain wrote:
Would it be worth dropping my resists for a high block shield? I just checked and my block chance is actually 24%... Currently running tempest shield, brings my block chance to around 50% only :( .. So my question is would it be worth dropping the tri resists for a higher block % shield?

No, you are probably doing fine if you are following the guide exactly, you will gain more block in the next few levels. What you need to do is get better gear that offloads the responsibility of maxing your resists, so you can use a shield for block and defenses rather than resists. Check my current gear, I max resists in merciless with that. No uber tri-res items there at all.
Today has been a good day for this lazy pally! When I started playing this morning, Perpetus in the city of Sarn in mercy was tearing me apart. I just ran through that whole area without taking a hint of damage xD
I managed to craft a new chest for about .5 ex which looks like

and buy a new shield for like 5 chaos which looks like

I can't begin to explain how much this has helped me! Next thing to replace is probably my lioneye boots with some 30% runspeed/ res boots and with those changes I think I'll be able to finish off merciless! I'm so stoked on this build.

I just wanted to post in here to show that people can get pretty decent stuff without spending a bunch of ex's. Dont give up everybody!
"
nbriles2000 wrote:

I just wanted to post in here to show that people can get pretty decent stuff without spending a bunch of ex's. Dont give up everybody!

Looks like things are falling into place nicely. Good job. :)
Hey, I was hoping you could comment on a Scion variant of the build.

edit: reworked for strength vs intelligence.
97ish build

It's missing a bit of life, but hopefully gear can solve that issue until I can allocate more points into life, versus block chance.

I'm missing about 40% damage for melee / physical.
That's easily solved by getting a few more nodes close by in the tree.

The only downside I can see is leveling, which is going to be a pain to deal with.
I think I can get to level 70 no problem, it's how effective the build is afterward.
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
Last edited by Hixxie on Nov 8, 2013, 11:51:18 PM
"
Hey, I was hoping you could comment on a Scion variant of the build.

edit: reworked for strength vs intelligence.
97ish build
I think I can get to level 70 no problem, it's how effective the build is afterward.

Howdy!

Here are the stats for your build:

Spoiler
+250 to Strength
+160 to Dexterity
+60 to Intelligence
+70 to maximum Mana
+197 to maximum Life
Evasion Rating: 53
+3 Maximum Endurance Charge
+3 Maximum Frenzy Charge
+3 Maximum Power Charge
4% Additional Elemental Resistance per Endurance Charge
4% Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge
5% Attack Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
5% Cast Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
50% Critical Strike Chance Increase per Power Charge
23% increased Melee Physical Damage
6% additional Chance to Block while Dual Wielding or holding a Shield
+18% to Fire Resistance
+18% to Cold Resistance
+18% to Lightning Resistance
56% increased Evasion Rating and Armour
+22% to all Elemental Resistances
196% increased maximum Life
38% additional Chance to Block with Shields
33% increased Attack Speed
52% increased Armour
12% increased Physical Damage
+2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed range
40% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
3.5% of Life Regenerated per Second
8% increased maximum Mana
28% increased Physical Damage with One Handed Melee Weapons
3% increased Attack Speed with One Handed Melee Weapons
115% increased Defences from equipped Shield
+2% to maximum Fire Resistance
+2% to maximum Cold Resistance
+2% to maximum Lightning Resistance
Ignore all Movement Penalties from Armour
+20% Elemental Resistances while holding a Shield
3% increased Effect of Buffs on You
12% of Block Chance applied to Spells
When Hit, 30% of Damage is taken from Mana before Life
+12% Energy Shield
+50% increased Melee Physical Damage
+320 Accuracy Rating
32% increased Evasion Rating

Here are the stats for my build @ 97 points:

Spoiler
+263 to Strength
+204 to Dexterity
+83 to Intelligence
+81.5 to maximum Mana
+213.5 to maximum Life
Evasion Rating: 53
+3 Maximum Endurance Charge
+3 Maximum Frenzy Charge
+3 Maximum Power Charge
4% Additional Elemental Resistance per Endurance Charge
4% Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge
5% Attack Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
5% Cast Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
50% Critical Strike Chance Increase per Power Charge
50% increased Melee Physical Damage
76% increased Physical Damage with One Handed Melee Weapons
168% increased maximum Life
96% increased Armour
34% increased maximum Energy Shield
+20% to all Elemental Resistances
32% additional Chance to Block with Shields
115% increased Defences from equipped Shield
Your hits can't be Evaded
Never deal Critical Strikes
+20% Elemental Resistances while holding a Shield
12% of Block Chance applied to Spells
+8% to Chaos Resistance
33% increased Attack Speed
+2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed range
8% increased maximum Mana
3% increased Attack Speed with One Handed Melee Weapons
32% increased Evasion Rating and Armour
Ignore all Movement Penalties from Armour
1.5% of Life Regenerated per Second
Doubles chance to Evade Projectile Attacks
4% additional Chance to Block while Dual Wielding or holding a Shield
+16.6% Energy Shield
+52.6% increased Melee Physical Damage
+408 Accuracy Rating
40.8% increased Evasion Rating

As you can see from the data, the Templar build is better in strength, dexterity, intelligence, maximum mana, maximum life, damage, armour, while yours has a bit more evasion, mana regen, life regen, elemental resistances and percentile life bonus. That's all well and good, give and take. However, the key point is you won't do hardly any damage because you will be missing 30% of your attacks, causing you to run out of mana (can't leech reliably). Also, you skipped Ondar's, which is a big deal in maps. So, the guide build is far superior.
PoE newbie here. Is Glacial Hammer any count on this build? I notice there aren't very many elemental nodes taken in it. Would I be gimping myself by going Glacial Hammer and following the skill progression in the guide or should I adjust it?
Last edited by breadflow on Nov 9, 2013, 2:25:38 AM
"
breadflow wrote:
PoE newbie here. Is Glacial Hammer any count on this build? I notice there aren't very many elemental nodes taken in it. Would I be gimping myself by going Glacial Hammer and following the skill progression in the guide or should I adjust it?

Grab catalyste and you'll do just fine!
Here is the build I'm using right now with GH. I might get rid of the endurance charges but I haven't decided yet.
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAdwB5wSzBS0S4RQgFE0UcRjbGjIaOBv6HRQhYCNNJd8oxS3SMok26DrYQDZAoEGqRHJMNU3YT31QR1FgU99X4livWNtZ81uvYEthIWaebmlwfXKpdO108XfleA1673zZgFaBb4M4hMSE2YTvjHaQVZuDnjyiAKQZpzCnhKmVrKqsr7T5voq-p8Aa7DjwH_O-9zL46_rS

Edit: Ignore those two points going up towards amplify. I was gonna grab that node, but I decided against it and just realized I never refunded them xD
Last edited by nbriles2000 on Nov 9, 2013, 4:00:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info