[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
This is what i have :

This is my first char so what should I improve also insted of the tower shield i can use the 40% unique block shield also i have the 50% block spell unique amulet

Some run speed on the boots would be required to stick with the Anvil amulet. You can use shield charge to speed up your movement but that will only take you so far, and you will still be slow in town. :D

The shield is nice, but mainly when combined with Bringer of Rain (get it if you can afford it). Otherwise, I'd suggest a 37-38% chance to block 'rare' shield with high evasion. I noticed you currently have basically no evasion on gear and I can't find a Grace gem in the sockets, so you may not be taking full advantage of the build's features.

i have grace but requires too much dex to wear right now so i took it off.I didnt unlock the dex nodes that are around the bottom so thats why I have no dex. I'm using Leap to move around. Should i change anything else ?
"
Tardan wrote:
Sovyn thank you for the guide :) i am lvl 46 domination league and it works good for me.

i am thinking about the passive tree and dont like to take all the dexterity points. i compare your tree at 99 points with a build without Ondars Guile, but more points in mace damage:

@all: what you think about this? work this build?

Hello Tardan. :)

It works, but it's not my build even remotely as:

1) I believe in being able to use any weapon, not limited to only one type. You never know what you will find/be given/be able to buy. If you *have to* get a good mace, it will cost you, whereas if you are flexible, it helps
2) Not enough dex to equip a high evasion shield or use leveled up green support gems and Grace aura would force you to be a two-defense (block, armour) character, whereas I have three defenses
3) Weaker in maps due to lack of evasion/Ondar's
4) Required chaos resist gear which is very expensive/hard to come by

Besides that, your build would need a lot of massaging as I see a lot of problems right off the bat. For example, there are mace notables which are a far better use of your points, and there is a more efficient route that would save a point, and there is not enough blocking, etc.
"

i have grace but requires too much dex to wear right now so i took it off.I didnt unlock the dex nodes that are around the bottom so thats why I have no dex. I'm using Leap to move around. Should i change anything else ?

I can't help but recommend following the guide. It's that way for a reason my friend. :)

Sounds like you are playing a different build, like the prior poster.

Happy to have you in this thread though, perhaps you have been helped in some way despite the different build.
do you think lightning strike, tempest shield, molten shield would be a good combo?
im level 26 nad my damage is kinda low would be a good choice get a little more elemental damage? or maybe shock damage? or even physical damage?

no worries im rushed the first two act so my gear is pretty much total ****
Last edited by tyzual on Oct 31, 2013, 9:25:08 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"

I can't help but recommend following the guide. It's that way for a reason my friend. :)

Sounds like you are playing a different build, like the prior poster.

Happy to have you in this thread though, perhaps you have been helped in some way despite the different build.

I am following the guide just i guess my problem is that i follow the full 120 points build and decided to go for the dmg 1st insted of going fo the dextirity in the bottom because i thought Lioneye's Remorse will keep me safe and that I dont need the dex. Also because i solo ,killing maps is really slow so thats why i went for the dmg first.
Last edited by ZeroRelativity on Oct 31, 2013, 9:33:16 PM
"
tyzual wrote:
do you think lightning strike, tempest shield, molten shield would be a good combo?
im level 26 nad my damage is kinda low would be a good choice get a little more elemental damage? or maybe shock damage? or even physical damage?

no worries im rushed the first two act so my gear is pretty much total ****

Hail tyzual.

As mentioned just a few posts up, LS is fine but perhaps not ideal for us. I would choose a physical attack unless you are very experienced and can make the required adjustments without making mistakes.

Tempest is all right, but when you can, use Determination then add Grace with a level 17+ reduced mana support when you are higher level.

Usually low damage is a symptom of needing a weapon upgrade. :)
Hey sovyn , i'm using your build right now but i'm at level 30 and i really dont know what skills to use to be efficient while leveling ?

Can you help me on this one and tell me which attack spell is the best for leveling and for high levels .

Thank you

Awesome guide btw
"

I am following the guide just i guess my problem is that i follow the full 120 points build and decided to go for the dmg 1st insted of going fo the dextirity in the bottom because i thought Lioneye's Remorse will keep me safe and that I dont need the dex. Also because i solo ,killing maps is really slow so thats why i went for the dmg first.

Aha. Well, that is different than what I intended. Damage nodes don't actually do much.

As far as boosting your kill speed, what you need is a faster weapon with at least around the same total DPS, preferably more.

Also, your attack skill gems need leveling up more, especially multistrike, that will make a nice difference. Adding Quality to the main attack skill gems would help too.
"
Momo245 wrote:
Hey sovyn , i'm using your build right now but i'm at level 30 and i really dont know what skills to use to be efficient while leveling ?

Can you help me on this one and tell me which attack spell is the best for leveling and for high levels .

Thank you

Awesome guide btw

Thank you, Momo245.

Heavy Strike will take you all the way, as mentioned in the guide (see the Linked Sockets section for a very "safe" recommendation, which I consider "the standard" for the build). Your only challenge is to obtain the linked sockets and keep upgrading your weapon. The skill gems section also lists most of the other popular choices for use with the build. Each of them has slightly different support gem requirements to shine.
if i'll get rainbowstride i'll have a 63.5% spellblock chance is it worth it to get it over HP boots, my resists and all maxed out just wonderin how that spellblock is going to help me out and wether its worth it or not

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info