[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

I hauled out my only 5L chest (don't laugh, I'm self found) and had another go with spectral throw.

495 DPS. Takes a minute to kill some monsters in Merciless Lunaris 3, whereas heavy strike kills those same monsters in a couple seconds. I know the ST and LMP are still low. Also, my weapon is mostly physical, which does not do WED any favors. Also, we don't spec into projectile damage. Yeah, I'm making excuses. :)
"
Currently I'm dying a lot but I don't blame the build, but my equipment. My passive tree is currently the same as the level 34 you have in the main page. I was thinking I'do go with the current shield until I get a Corrugated one like the one you said in the main page, but that's level 46, which means I have 13 levels yet to go. What do you suggest to keep me alive for the next 13 levels? Also the mana drains super fast. Thx.

Hail KnightOfTheLost! Yes, just a gear issue. You need a Crest of Perandus, which is even free here.

Try to also buy a Slitherpinch for good leech at the low levels.

Finally, find the best white chest and helmet you can (armour type) and roll them with alterations until you get a decent life roll.

You can get alterations by identifying and selling all the blue items that drop that you don't need.
"
What is the DPS with your setup? :)

Right now at 667DPS which im assuming is each projectile. so times that by 3

"
Also, we don't spec into projectile damage.

ST does benefit from increased physical damage though. Of course I have change passives around to benefit both ST and heavy strike to be more effective. Bypassing the increased MELEE physical damage nodes as those dont affect ST. Also drop 2 passives down to pick up Iron Grip which did a number on my ST dps.

ST isnt for everyone and im not trying to sell it, but i do like playing with a new skill.
"
wenlock wrote:
....but i do like playing with a new skill.

Me too. Thanks for posting your results. :) I was already testing it before your posts so no worries I know you are not trying to sell it. :) I was curious. I know it would require Iron Grip to be optimal, however, I can't put that in the official build as a cornerstone of the build is that it will work with any attack skill. Yes, I also agree the "melee physical damage' nodes would be a waste for ST, but then again as well we are talking a single-skill purpose built build, which this is never going to become. :)
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Currently I'm dying a lot but I don't blame the build, but my equipment. My passive tree is currently the same as the level 34 you have in the main page. I was thinking I'do go with the current shield until I get a Corrugated one like the one you said in the main page, but that's level 46, which means I have 13 levels yet to go. What do you suggest to keep me alive for the next 13 levels? Also the mana drains super fast. Thx.

Hail KnightOfTheLost! Yes, just a gear issue. You need a Crest of Perandus, which is even free here.

Try to also buy a Slitherpinch for good leech at the low levels.

Finally, find the best white chest and helmet you can (armour type) and roll them with alterations until you get a decent life roll.

You can get alterations by identifying and selling all the blue items that drop that you don't need.

Thanks for the reply Sovyn :) Unfortunately I already got this from the guy :

so asking him for a Crest of Perandus would make me feel greedy :P But I'll see if I can buy it from someone. I also got this nice chest armor right now from a drop :

Will use it at Level 37. :)

I will also look around for Slitherpinch. Thanks alot!
1 Eternal = 2 Exalted (ex)
1 Exalted (ex) = 10 Gemcutter's Prism (GCP) = 22 Chaos = 220 Chromatic
Kinghtofthelost, if u want to try a slither pinch I may have an extra pair for ya. I'm level 60 and still using them. Leave a reply and we can hook up in game if your on standard. May have a crest shield also
"
wenlock wrote:
Kinghtofthelost, if u want to try a slither pinch I may have an extra pair for ya. I'm level 60 and still using them. Leave a reply and we can hook up in game if your on standard. May have a crest shield also

Oh that would be GREAT! I will PM you. :)
1 Eternal = 2 Exalted (ex)
1 Exalted (ex) = 10 Gemcutter's Prism (GCP) = 22 Chaos = 220 Chromatic
Concerning all this Spectral Throw discussion:

Typically you would use a 2-hander with Spectral Throw because the larger sprite of the 2-hander spinning in the air gives a larger projectile, thus increasing its effectiveness. That's why I didn't bother with it because we obviously need a shield.

However, I did reroll one of my older Marauders to a Spectral Thrower (with 2 hander), and Slower Projectiles is pretty bad with it. It's better if the projectiles fly further imo (I wouldn't use Faster Projectiles either because then the projectiles would fly offscreen, thus wasting time returning). After all, Spectra Throw is your ranged attack, you should still have a melee attack like Heavy Strike or Double Strike. I still haven't found/thought of a use for Slower Projectiles.
Last edited by seiferoth10 on Oct 27, 2013, 7:49:54 PM
Yea I pretty much use ST on trash mobs and for the blind I have on it. It's nice to blind everyone before they even reach me. Gives me a couple seconds of nearly being invincible while mash their heads in with heavy strike
Man, I've died a bunch since release. Here's a list to tickle your fancy:

1. Dominus second form, I had no idea what killed me.
2. Dominus second form again (same instance), I only knew I had a 6 stack bleed, no idea what caused it.
3. A mob of GMP Alchemists and poison arrow archers jumped me and took my lunch money.
4. New & Improved Torture Chamber boss... is like Temple Piety on steroids. Luckily for me I happened to roll -16% max resists too. He seems to summon 4-5 spell totems that do the raining lightning strikes that Temple Piety does, and they can shock you for double the fun.

Still stuck at level 87...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info