Why do Facebreakers suck so hard around level 50?

I thought facebreakers were supposed to be the best/fastest way to level?

Here's my gear:

I'm doing just barely 1k DPS around level 50 with infernal blow-melee splash-added fire-faster attacks.

Everything was going fairly smooth up until cruel act 3...and now I'm basically unable to kill anything in a reasonable amount of time.

I spent about 15c to get all the uniques...and I could have just leveled with triple the DPS with searing bond for free.

Why does everyone rave about how good this is? Or am I doing something totally wrong?
Last edited by inDef on Sep 14, 2014, 12:45:45 PM
get more phys on gear
You have almost no physical damage on gear.

1. You're missing Bringer of Rain or Abyssus. This helmet slot is the biggest source of physical damage. BoR makes just about half of the build while Abyssus would make more than half of it.

2. No amulet posted so I'm assuming it doesn't have physical damage.

3. One ring has negligible physical damage and one has a low roll.
"
Natharias wrote:

1. You're missing Bringer of Rain or Abyssus. This helmet slot is the biggest source of physical damage. BoR makes just about half of the build while Abyssus would make more than half of it.

Bringer of rain or abyssus? WTF?

I'm level 50 and facebreakers are only being used for leveling
You need better rings. Where is your physical damage? Facebreakers is not a spell build, it doesn't get damage just through levels. You need to upgrade your damage with equipment as well, and they will come from your rings and amulets until you hit helmet (assuming your levelling doesn't end at 60 or 67)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1394759 - Suggestion for beginner tutorial.
Ok I've upgraded my gear to

This puts the total cost at 20c...my dps is now at 1900, which is still garbage compared to searing bond at the same level...and searing bond is free.
you can easily find phys dmg on rings and amulets for 1 chaos each. I know cause I've done it before at around level 50 when leveling gets a little slower if u dont have that.
IGN: timtwins, timtwinz
"
inDef wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:

Bringer of rain or abyssus? WTF?

I'm level 50 and facebreakers are only being used for leveling

Both Bor and Abyssus are used with Facebreakers. I'm well aware that you're level 50 and Abyssus requires level 60 and BoR level 67.

"
inDef wrote:
Ok I've upgraded my gear to

This puts the total cost at 20c...my dps is now at 1900, which is still garbage compared to searing bond at the same level...and searing bond is free.

What's your setup? We still haven't seen your chest piece or boots.
"
this puts the total cost at 20c...my dps is now at 1900, which is still garbage compared to searing bond at the same level...and searing bond is free.

and your point is to prove that searing bond is better than fecebreakers for leveling?

only because of higher dps tooltip? what about other factors?

It is ridiculous how some people compare skills only using dps tooltip.

My FB IB templar has dps tooltip around 8k, and kills all enemies on the screen (incl bosses) as soon as the first mob is killed. What is the real dps? Would 20k dps searing bond kill faster?
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Sep 14, 2014, 1:54:46 PM
"
Ludvator wrote:
"
this puts the total cost at 20c...my dps is now at 1900, which is still garbage compared to searing bond at the same level...and searing bond is free.

and your point is to prove that searing bond is better than fecebreakers for leveling?

only because of higher dps tooltip? what about other factors?

It is ridiculous how some people compare skills only using dps tooltip.

My FB IB templar has dps tooltip around 8k, and kills all enemies on the screen (incl bosses) as soon as the first mob is killed. What is the real dps? Would 20k dps searing bond work better?

8k DPS would not kill a boss with all of the trash mobs around it dying. I stopped my Facebreakers at 10k DPS and it took a while to bring some bosses down.

But you are right. The OP isn't considering that FB allows you to leech, whereas SB does not. That's huge in regards to survivability, which is harder at lower levels.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info