Why do Facebreakers suck so hard around level 50?

"
Natharias wrote:

8k DPS would not kill a boss with all of the trash mobs around it dying. I stopped my Facebreakers at 10k DPS and it took a while to bring some bosses down.

would not? With lots of fire/elemental nodes, fire penetration and 31 unit radius on IB and 28 on melee splash (which create big AoE overlap)? depends on how many mobs are around, ofc, but I can tell you not many is needed really

btw.. tooltip dps has nothing to do with explosions damage
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Sep 14, 2014, 2:05:42 PM
Gais I figured out the problem.
He didn't put More Melee Damage. Take out the added fire damage.

Then he can use a low level hatred for better damage.

Isn't it?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1394759 - Suggestion for beginner tutorial.
"
Nothing is gonna be that great when you aren't actually building for it and just using it temporarily to level

Cybil's Paw, Crest of Perandus, and Incinerate can carry any build through to level 68 maps easily.
"
Ludvator wrote:
"
this puts the total cost at 20c...my dps is now at 1900, which is still garbage compared to searing bond at the same level...and searing bond is free.

and your point is to prove that searing bond is better than fecebreakers for leveling?

only because of higher dps tooltip? what about other factors?

It is ridiculous how some people compare skills only using dps tooltip.

My FB IB templar has dps tooltip around 8k, and kills all enemies on the screen (incl bosses) as soon as the first mob is killed. What is the real dps? Would 20k dps searing bond kill faster?

My point isn't to prove anything. My question is why do people rave so hard about leveling with facebreakers when they are simply mediocre compared to other options.

Searing bond is safer, faster, and cheaper. I decided to level a char with facebreakers since I never had before. I'm regretting it at this point since it is extremely expensive compared to other options...and it's VERY risky. I've had several close calls...one of which took me to below 50 health points.

The cost is now up to 23c to get to level 56. This includes 2 sets of amulets and rings, meginords, facebreakers, crest of pandareus, and wondertrap boots. It costs me roughly 0-1 chaos to level with searing bond.

Here is my latest gear. I'm only linking gear that has flat phys on it:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info