[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

[
Last edited by mist4lyf on Jul 28, 2015, 3:27:23 AM
Can anyone tell me what wand or what one handed weapon its strong on this build.. for crafting.. i want a good dps i have only 12k... need more dmg
Hello,
I'm enjoying the build thoroughly with my first Tempest character. Currently level 46 with no signs of stopping! I have a few questions:

When should I spec into Blood Magic? I'm one node away, but I'm slightly terrified with the 25% reservation HoT has on it. My plan is to wait until I at least get Constitution in the scion area.

My Current Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEBC2EOPBDMFCAUcRkuGjgaPicvJ-0pLiu2LKc62DwtPfxKxFcNWGNY5VnzWitfP2aeaPJyD3hpfLiCB4Kbg8yMRozPkFWaO6IAo_KvbLc-wxPEFcT2xq7G2NIh2WHZfOFz7DjvDvAf8azyQfZI9q74kw==

What masters are best to level up first in one's first play through?

Is Totemic Zeal worth the point(s)? The two nodes around it increasing totem duration are appealing, but the placement speed seems overkill.
Last edited by TheFrequency on Jul 28, 2015, 5:14:20 PM
"
TheFrequency wrote:

When should I spec into Blood Magic? I'm one node away, but I'm slightly terrified with the 25% reservation HoT has on it. My plan is to wait until I at least get Constitution in the scion area.

remove HOT and go Blood Magic life nodes will help you alot of more then HOT your HOT is low lvl and is not worth using its give you max 100dps

you need spend 5 nodes for Totemic Zeal for me is not worth

you can lvl all masters at same time

Last edited by davc1234567890 on Jul 28, 2015, 6:09:59 PM
Hey everyone! Thanks again for the build, been doing well up until now.

But I could use some fresh ideas here.. I've been using Doon since forever now, solid 8k tooltip dps which feels nice compared to my previous characters.

Got lucky and bought an Infernal Mantle unidentified for a chaos (2 socketed, 27% fire dmg) rerolled it and socketed/linked it pretty cheap. I don't think I'll have good luck chroming it so the plan is to use Fire pen + flame totem + slower projectiles+ faster casting + added chaos.
However, thoughts on swapping Fire Pen with Iron Will? This build is swimming in STR and I use Flammability.

Currently Doon is more dps than Infernal Mantle (with no weapon).. might of course change if I get a good weapon, any ideas for a combo with Infernal Mantle?

Also thinking about getting Prism Guardian and use Anger or something to boost dps and get even more mana reserved reduction since I'm using BM. I'd lose out on a lot of armour though (no chest, low armour from prism). Thoughts on this?

Appreciate all help! Have been using the same gear and setup for too long now, could really use something new.
Thanks!
"
TheFrequency wrote:
Hello,
I'm enjoying the build thoroughly with my first Tempest character. Currently level 46 with no signs of stopping! I have a few questions:

My Current Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEBC2EOPBDMFCAUcRkuGjgaPicvJ-0pLiu2LKc62DwtPfxKxFcNWGNY5VnzWitfP2aeaPJyD3hpfLiCB4Kbg8yMRozPkFWaO6IAo_KvbLc-wxPEFcT2xq7G2NIh2WHZfOFz7DjvDvAf8azyQfZI9q74kw==

What masters are best to level up first in one's first play through?

Is Totemic Zeal worth the point(s)? The two nodes around it increasing totem duration are appealing, but the placement speed seems overkill.

I pretty much followed the guide specifically, so when the guide said to pick blood magic, I did too. For the HoT reservation, I picked up mortal conviction before I used HoT and it was like 3 points away from blood magic. Once you get mortal conviction thats only like 13% reserve so it isn't too bad. I think the guide tells you to take mortal conviction later, but its up to you. You don't even have to run HoT if you life pool is too low. I was on softcore so when I took up B Magic and M Conviction I only had like 1.1k life pool left. However safe play, it wasn't a problem anyways.

I normally level up the most important masters for class specific. I think I chose Caterina for wand/sceptres, elreon for rings and amulets, and Haku for armor upgrades. After I made them level 5 I tend to just recruit the others and make them level 5:D

Personally I like totemic zeal because when there is a strong boss I like to quicky put totems down and run away. Without totemic zeal it just doesn't feel as smooth. However entirely up to you. The 5% cast speed for spells in totems is pretty nice too though
Last edited by mist4lyf on Jul 29, 2015, 1:34:16 AM
Is it worth using three dragons for shock stacks when you're basically following the main tree as a marauder?

There are a couple of nodes that give more shock chance and i feel like flame totem attacks so fast it will happen anyway, i wouldn't be getting any crit really though.
I have a lvl 92 Mara waiting for a respec and Flame Totem looks so tempting. I have a few questions though.

Wouldn't it be better to use Whirling Blades with Fortify as movement skill? 20% damage reduction is quite a lot.

And then I was wondering about Cybil's Paw. Since we're using Lioneye's Remorse we have 30% block chance, Solidity is only 2 passives off the tree path, that makes it 35% and gives a nice defense boost. Now with Cybil's Paw that amounts to 56% spell damage (64% if we can push it to 40% w Tempest Shield) with decent cast speed. Not quite as much as a classy wand but not too shabby either. And since the sustainability of this build depends on life regeneration and flasks (unless I was missing something), the Paw would contribute greatly with a lvl 1 CWDT/Firestorm/Ball Lightning/GMP combo.
Last edited by tomay on Jul 29, 2015, 9:09:36 AM
"
tomay wrote:
Wouldn't it be better to use Whirling Blades with Fortify as movement skill? 20% damage reduction is quite a lot.

If you get a weapon for it, sure. But since this is built around Wands, whirling blades is not an option.
"
Heisendonger wrote:
If you get a weapon for it, sure. But since this is built around Wands, whirling blades is not an option.

Which brings me back to the Paw... Whirling Blades should work w Cybil's. ;)

As I said before, 56% spell damage (with Solidity) and 12% cast speed wouldn't be the worst of choices but I also have a 109% spell damage Demon Horn somewhere.

I never played a build before that depends on flasks for sustainability at high level, seems a bit awkward to me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info