[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
Gunteraz wrote:
"
Elua wrote:
"
Gunteraz wrote:

How does it make your totems cast faster? Either tooltip is bugged or the cast speed doesn't apply to flame totem because when i specced into or out of it my dps didn't change. I also did not notice any chance in the speed of summoning the totem.

cast speed helps a lot:

http://i.imgur.com/weCGiKB.jpg

Yes i understand that, but the particular cast speed in this particular cluster in question doesn't apply to flame totem.

What im trying to say is- Cast Speed, a.ka nodes that say "3% increased Cast speed" increase the dps of flame totem. The "Spells cast by totems have 5% increased cast speed" from the "Totemic Zeal" cluster doesn't increase the dps at all, not even by 0.1. This is according to the tooltip. When you pick up normal "increased cast speed" node the change in dps is immidietly visible in the tooltip. So either the tooltip is bugged for this one or this cast speed doesn't apply because technically flame totem doesn't cast spells but flame stuff (which is still affected by your spell damage/elemental damage etc and your cast speed).
I'm assuming "Spells cast by totems have x% increased cast speed" nodes are meant for spell totems that cast actual spells.

The 2.5-ish second longer lasting totem is nice aswell as the speed in which you summon your totem but the change seems so small. The totem already appears instantly so why spend 3 points on tiny quality of life improvements if you could boost your actual surviviability or dps instead? And if you also leave out sentinel (which is nice but nothing spectacular) you save 6 points - which is a lot.
In the end, my question remains- Is that cluster worth the points in your opinion? My opinion is no- assuming the tooltip is correct.

I agree. Unless we get word on how Totemic Zeal "really" works, I'm going to spec into Shaman's Dominion instead.

What are you thoughts on that change LNB?
"You think logoutcore makes you better....." - ShaeG
yes sorry I dont understand that cast speed form Totemic Zeal is not good at all. After swapinng gear and making new spec on marauder game becomes much better. So that 6 points is mostly wasted in that cluster.

My spec:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEBBAcEswYOCfYLYQ3NDjwQWBDMES0UIBRxGJEZLho4HM4fAiW8Jy8n7SqNK1ArtiycLKcyNDLRNZI22DpSOlg62DwtPfxFR0WdRtdJG1BHU1JVxlcNWGNY5VnzWiteXV8_Y_1mnmebaPJxhXIPeGl65nyDffWCB4Kbg1-DzIPbh2WMRpBVmjua4KIAo_KnlKyYrY2vbK-nr7exQrc-vJ_AZsMTxFjE9sauxtjPftH90iHUfNSP1abYvdlh2XzaudtP37_gw-Fz5FHr7uw47FXtPO8O8B_xbPJB9kj2rviT_gr-VA==?accountName=Elua&characterName=Hibikiten

Also I can recommend swaping life leech on fire golem for empower 3 lvl is much better choice. Fire golem is too slow in dps for life leech, even that 20/20 ones.
"
I agree. Unless we get word on how Totemic Zeal "really" works, I'm going to spec into Shaman's Dominion instead.

What are you thoughts on that change LNB?

Well if Totemic Zeal for some reason doesn't add damage, then it has to be a bug. However if it is bugged I would spec out of it and respec into it whenever it is fixed.

Shamans Dominion is in my opinion not worth it though. The crit chance is still going to be low, so it would be better to spend those points on fire/spell/cast speed instead :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Jul 13, 2015, 5:30:18 AM
Anyone got an atziri vid with this build?
Hey there Lifting first of all thanks a lot for the guide been o long time fan (sorta) of poe but never actually give this a game a decent go too many other games and rl stuff.

I told to myself that i finally will give it a decent go and was looking forward a build for noobs like me so i will try this asap.

All i wanted to say is thank you
hi, noob question I think, but what helps the herald of thunder proc in this build? I read that herald of thunder doesn't cause shock, so you'd need another source of lightning damage right? Where does that come from?
This guide is good. I'm actually A2C no death so far, haven't played or spoiled beta so I did all the normal by ear and rofled everything. Game is going easier and easier.

For leveling to my dual totem I used molten strike with highest base dmg weapon available through loot supported by added elemental dmg.

Close to having dual totem I searched for 4L loots with at least 1 green / 1 red / 1 blue slot, if you have 2 blue sockets use added lightning as first 4L for chromatic orbs saving. Fire pen scales way better for latter content, especially maps with fire resist.

Also during leveling I rather suggest people taking diamond skin and the 2 +30int/+30dex on the way, the were invaluable to me.

When transitionning Blood magic, prepare life flasks. 1 instant and a low diffusions for healing. If you find a granite it's even better. 1 / 2 quicksilver mandatory as always. Check for topaz/ruby/saphyr flasks. A Saphyr flasks helps a lot as always on merveil merciless.(makes the fight easy mode)

You won't need Enduring cry nor CWDT before end of cruel, or A3M. Also golem will be fine with a 2 link up to merc.

Be cheap dudes, it's a cheap build. Save yourself for big uniques(like the wand listed in the guide) and map rolling, because totems isn't the fastest way to grind anyway so you'll need to compensate with generous rolls. (like summoners)
Last edited by galuf on Jul 13, 2015, 9:49:29 AM
This build is working fine on tempest league, im lvl58 atm, ty LiftingBro!
Is this build fun? Im new and in other games of the genere builds with totems/turrets were boring as hell, hope this is different !
hay LiftingNerdBro what you think about this build?

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYYz38jM_2SF8_FCDvDlBHGj58uCku8axXDWhl89346-oY9zIUcQ4837_bT-DDJbw6UryfGJH8SxRNcqmsqsT2xq4LYa9saPLwH6IABLPAZjwtg8y3Pv4K8kU64aZX2L01kv6PVamXtGoBWfMaOJBVJy9yD5RvZlRmnvrSFm_jaiSqNukdFBJpFxxxeY9Gm6H316yY8Ww22EkbKo3sVTpYVcaD21jlwxNaK6PyLKd4afauTeODXxDMK7aMRviTDF8cp1OlrY3Pfnas0iHyQYIH2XxxhXrmY_1G19q5sUI=

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info