[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
BakkieSloot wrote:
@iv35120; I added you as friend, might have some old gear for you if you are interested.

Thank you! I hope we met in game. I'm from the Czech Republic :D
Started: July 16, 2013
Achievements: 84/84
Prophecy: 40/40
Perandus: 37/40
This build is insane... 20 000 dps in lvl 44... ( totem damagex5 = somethingxtotem´s attacks per second = somethingx2= DPS.. )
If i intend to be using apeps rage and infernal mantle is fire penetration sitil worth it? as when you add in the added chaos damage the splits going to be close 50/50 fire chaos, or would it be worth swapping it to something else, in which case what? only just starting so cant really test myself yet but dont want to be levelling fire pen when i should be levelling something diferent
how do you guys have enough mana to use a wand when you do not have intelligence on your items?! I have issues figuring that out.

Thanks for helping me :)
Hi, i tried this build in hc, absolutely awesome, i died cause lag spike while fighting dom in merciless so i'm going to continue in standard now, nice clear speed, wand viable if you use torquise amu and +int on gear, dex seems not to be a problem atm, tnx expecially for the levelling tree video, very helpful.
A "deterministic" way to waste your time

Italian Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/123491614671703/

Italian global: /global 69
Thanks for this build!

Spoiler
My personal view: this build is for new leagues, HC in particular, where you start your character and just run through the content without farming until maps.

Just killed Piety Merciless in the 1M hard core Bloodlines/Torment league. I'm level 62. 90% Self found because I didn't need to buy much (Scepter 2c, cwdt 3c (at level 40), helmet 1c, GMP 4c =this currency is easy to find through alch and fuse drops and selling your non-needed gems like Hatred).

Health 3,655
Armor 2,800
Tool-tip flame totem 941 dps on level 15 gems (GMP).

I HIGHLY recommend this build. It totally shames the flavor of the league squishy trapper builds. I have as much mobility as them; drop totem run to next pack, drop totem etc.

Tree

Gear
Spoiler

My Thoughts on This Build If You Want To Try It
Spoiler
This build is now my absolute GO-TO for hard core leagues to start. It is very tanky, I had not one single close RIP.

Play style if confident: Run pack to pack, drop a totem in the middle. They die. Don't stop. See a rare? put both totems on top of its head. GG collect loot. I played this way from level 40 onwards. Just did Piety Merc at 62 and it was a total joke.

Play Style if Squishy: Drop a totem at the edge of the screen, let it engage. Then put the other one beside it. Use them as your flame wall of death.

Shield: When you are dual totem, use a shield. I felt squishy with 2x scepters. The added DPS of two scepters meant I could not run pack to pack. So it was actually slower. Balance tankiness and dps.

GMP: buy it as soon as you can, but LMP worked fine also.

Resistances: So easy to cap! You don't need anything but life and resistances and armor. If you are struggling, there is a +15 resist all node in marauder. I took it. But look at my horrible gear and you see why.

Leveling:
1-24 SUCKED. The build is slow, because you don't have dps, and you don't have totems. I used Lightning tendrils, fire trap, then flame blast. Really sucks. I recommend getting into a group and get carried. Don't give up. Keep with it! People from SC leagues will really hate this part of the leveling the build.

25-40: Grab searing bond. You are a tank monster. Just slow. Spend money on movement speed or you will feel like a caterpillar and all those shadow/ranger/witch types are butterflies. I didn't bother wearing armor or a shield unless I was doing bosses.

41+ W I N. Rush to dual totems and then balance DPS with life as your gear fills our. The video guide from Lifting is perfect. Follow the pattern and you will win.

DPS: I am used to playing Mjolner, CoC or Crit XYZ all screen destroying builds. This build seems to clear very well despite the low tooltop. And you survive.

Fire Trap: I use a fire trap setup because I feel pretty bored watching things die. If I got a Curse on Hit I might do a Arc+CoH+Flammability setup. Might try for +1 curse ammy and go dual curse for maps if its a problem. Curses absolutely improve the clear speed.

Totem Life: They die pretty quick, but i can recast them quickly too. So I don't notice it. Its a balance between: Melting Mobs / Totems Surviving. Besides, you are always moving and re positioning. The mobs don't stand still either.

Next Nodes: Life and Tankiness. DPS when you are dead is irrelevant.

Group Play: Drop totem in the middle of the rainbow of explosions from your party mates and sit at the back grinning when they reep.

GHOSTS (Tormented spirits): Nearly impossible to kill. They outrun your totems!

What I'll Do Next
Spoiler
I'm going to increase my tankiness. Perhaps the Combat Stamina cluster of 3 nodes (Armor &life) near the scion life wheel. Gear Upgrades, save for a 5L Belly :) Survive until I am 4/4 and a red power ranger!
Last edited by Dakilula on Apr 3, 2015, 9:20:44 PM
Was able to finish my 4/4 (died with arc/fire trap build before), played time is 4 days 10 hours.

One of the tanky build you can find without investing much in gear, i hate trading so most of the items are self found (except sceptre/amulet/1xring) cost of each items are from 3c-5c.

Defense
Spoiler
9.7k armor
5.5k life

resist
100/134/90/-40

4L totem doing 1.48k dps with gmp

here is my gear
Spoiler

flask setup (didn't use quick flask)

Spoiler

and here is prize :D

Spoiler

tree if anyone interested

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBBLMGDgmqCfYMXw48EMwUIBRNFHEWbxiRGS4aOBo-HKckqicvJ-0pLiu2LKc1kjbpOlI64TwtPfxG10z_TeNTpVcNWGNY5VorXz9j_WaeaPJqHmo7cYV4aXk5euZ8uH7iggeCm4uMjEaMz5BVmjuiAKPypletja9ssUK3PryfwBrAZsCawxPE9sauxtjSIdR81abYvdlh2XzZ_Nq537_hc-Nq6dXsOO087w7wH_Gs8i_yQfJF9kj2rviT-d360vxL_gr-jw==
Last edited by commonjunks on Apr 6, 2015, 4:31:00 AM
Alright Thysick here doing LiftingNerdBro's Manly Marauder build.

Extremly safe to play.

I'm level 74 in 1MonthHardcore.

This week end i was watchign alot of movies. i Leveled 69-73 at Sarn City.
Easy lvling spot. really fast. Pack size there is awesome. Sarn > Docks.

Wish i could have that unic belt. but NO one went to Atziri this league... so i cant test the build with the unique belt.

I have the Unique Amulet
I have the Unique Infernal mantle
Infernal Mantel is Sweet to have, if you dont have the Int for it, get those +30int nodes.
I had 4k Life with like 1.5k Energy Shield.
When i take a huge hit and proc Enduring Cry and Immortal Call. it took only half the ES.
So really tanky with it and super Safe.

You put Flame Totems, when its weird, you can Self Cast Molten shell, You can also self cast Summon Skeletons.

I just bought this morning Apep's Wand. will test out how it goes. dmg went from like 1.8k to 2.1k per tooltip dps...

Here is my tree and gear
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEABLMGDgagCTMJ9g48EMwUIBRxFSAZLho4Gj4i4icvJ-0qTSu2LKc1kjrhPC09_D8nRtdH4krESshM_1cNWGNY5VorXz9j_WSEZp5o8m6qcYV5OXrmffV-4oIHgpuMRozPkFWaO57NogCj8qQ5pletja9ssUK18rc-wBrAZsMTxBXE9sauxtjPftCB0TbSIdR81abYvdlh2Xzaud-_4XPiLOnV7DjtPO8O8B_yL_JB8kX2SPau-JP5vf4K

Spoiler

I could invest in better belt gloves boots. Wish i had money for those unique boots, but i dont have currency...

With those man, i will get to 80 Safely.

Hope everyone plays this beginners build. Really fun to play

Just an update to my post above.

Finished 4/4 in 1mhc today after taking a week or so off. Love the build, and if 2.0 doesnt change much, I'll play it again in the HC league.

My health was 5,177, and I stopped trading for gear after about 72. Didn't bother looking for a 5L or any more DPS. I would melt everything quickly anyhow.

I progressed up to 69 maps. Did an untained paradise when I was 79. That got a bit scary with 20 devourers coming at once, but I barely felt the damage.

Here is my updated gear and tree. Good luck to everyone!

Stuff

The entire set is for sale.

Tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEABLMGDgagCTMJqgn2DF8OPBDMFCAUcRUgFm8ZLho4Gj4cpySqJy8n7SkuKhMqTTWSNuk8LT38PydG10rITP9TpVcNWGNY5VorXz9j_WSEZp5o8m6qcYV2rHk5euZ7IHy4fuKCB4Kbi4yMz5BVmjuezaIAo_Ktja9ssUK18rc-wBrAZsCaxPbGrsbYz37RNtIh1HzVpti92WHZfNn82rnfv-Fz4izjaunV7DjtPO8O8B_yQfJF9kj4k_m9-d360v4K_of-jw==

Spoiler
"
Dakilula wrote:
Thanks for this build!

Spoiler
My personal view: this build is for new leagues, HC in particular, where you start your character and just run through the content without farming until maps.

Just killed Piety Merciless in the 1M hard core Bloodlines/Torment league. I'm level 62. 90% Self found because I didn't need to buy much (Scepter 2c, cwdt 3c (at level 40), helmet 1c, GMP 4c =this currency is easy to find through alch and fuse drops and selling your non-needed gems like Hatred).

Health 3,655
Armor 2,800
Tool-tip flame totem 941 dps on level 15 gems (GMP).

I HIGHLY recommend this build. It totally shames the flavor of the league squishy trapper builds. I have as much mobility as them; drop totem run to next pack, drop totem etc.

Tree

Gear
Spoiler

My Thoughts on This Build If You Want To Try It
Spoiler
This build is now my absolute GO-TO for hard core leagues to start. It is very tanky, I had not one single close RIP.

Play style if confident: Run pack to pack, drop a totem in the middle. They die. Don't stop. See a rare? put both totems on top of its head. GG collect loot. I played this way from level 40 onwards. Just did Piety Merc at 62 and it was a total joke.

Play Style if Squishy: Drop a totem at the edge of the screen, let it engage. Then put the other one beside it. Use them as your flame wall of death.

Shield: When you are dual totem, use a shield. I felt squishy with 2x scepters. The added DPS of two scepters meant I could not run pack to pack. So it was actually slower. Balance tankiness and dps.

GMP: buy it as soon as you can, but LMP worked fine also.

Resistances: So easy to cap! You don't need anything but life and resistances and armor. If you are struggling, there is a +15 resist all node in marauder. I took it. But look at my horrible gear and you see why.

Leveling:
1-24 SUCKED. The build is slow, because you don't have dps, and you don't have totems. I used Lightning tendrils, fire trap, then flame blast. Really sucks. I recommend getting into a group and get carried. Don't give up. Keep with it! People from SC leagues will really hate this part of the leveling the build.

25-40: Grab searing bond. You are a tank monster. Just slow. Spend money on movement speed or you will feel like a caterpillar and all those shadow/ranger/witch types are butterflies. I didn't bother wearing armor or a shield unless I was doing bosses.

41+ W I N. Rush to dual totems and then balance DPS with life as your gear fills our. The video guide from Lifting is perfect. Follow the pattern and you will win.

DPS: I am used to playing Mjolner, CoC or Crit XYZ all screen destroying builds. This build seems to clear very well despite the low tooltop. And you survive.

Fire Trap: I use a fire trap setup because I feel pretty bored watching things die. If I got a Curse on Hit I might do a Arc+CoH+Flammability setup. Might try for +1 curse ammy and go dual curse for maps if its a problem. Curses absolutely improve the clear speed.

Totem Life: They die pretty quick, but i can recast them quickly too. So I don't notice it. Its a balance between: Melting Mobs / Totems Surviving. Besides, you are always moving and re positioning. The mobs don't stand still either.

Next Nodes: Life and Tankiness. DPS when you are dead is irrelevant.

Group Play: Drop totem in the middle of the rainbow of explosions from your party mates and sit at the back grinning when they reep.

GHOSTS (Tormented spirits): Nearly impossible to kill. They outrun your totems!

What I'll Do Next
Spoiler
I'm going to increase my tankiness. Perhaps the Combat Stamina cluster of 3 nodes (Armor &life) near the scion life wheel. Gear Upgrades, save for a 5L Belly :) Survive until I am 4/4 and a red power ranger!
Last edited by Dakilula on Apr 14, 2015, 11:50:38 AM
Great build as a player Softcore Player going for the 4/4 in the Hardcore 1 month it has been great. I'm now 3/4 at level 77 and grinding away to get to 80.

Edit: Update

Spoiler
TY!
Last edited by sushibagel on Apr 18, 2015, 5:40:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info