[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
Barenchi wrote:
Just a question regarding gems, are we obliged to keep them at a certain level (Exemple CWDT at level 9 and 4) etc, etc ?

CWDT level is mostly a matter of personal preference. Just make sure that all connected skill gems do not exceed the respective CWDT level restriction.

(note: support gems, such as Increased Duration, are not affected by the CWDT level restriction)
Last edited by tomay on May 27, 2017, 12:05:21 PM
"
tomay wrote:
"
Barenchi wrote:
Just a question regarding gems, are we obliged to keep them at a certain level (Exemple CWDT at level 9 and 4) etc, etc ?

CWDT level is mostly a matter of personal preference. Just make sure that all connected skill gems do not exceed the respective CWDT level restriction.

(note: support gems, such as Increased Duration, are not affected by the CWDT level restriction)

Thank you for your response, and as for skill gems like flame totem etc ?
Last edited by Barenchi on May 27, 2017, 1:41:40 PM
Totem skills can no longer be cast via CWDT.

And since this is a Flame Totem build you certainly want your gem to be as good as possible, i.e. 21/20. ;)
"
tomay wrote:
Totem skills can no longer be cast via CWDT.

And since this is a Flame Totem build you certainly want your gem to be as good as possible, i.e. 21/20. ;)

Okay Thank you !
"
tomay wrote:
Personally I much prefer the Tukohama ascendancy over Ramako. Taunting totems are invaluable in terms of QoL. Monsters lose all interest in you and you'll be mostly unmolested and should you get hit by some AoE shenanigans you will take only reduced damage.

I changed over to Tukohama after months of indecision. I decided that you are right.

I lose endurance charges but that is almost covered by the fact that taunted enemies does 10% reduced damage. Totem Taunt also makes it really easy to run away. In the end this build is NOT about tanking damage but to basically dodge things while your totem does the work. Obviously taunt works less/not at all with the Shaper and the Guardians but since I don't ever plan to fight them with this build, it doesn't matter.

The best defence is what keeps the enemies off of you. And taunting totems really are the best.

I just wonder if this build will stay viable after 3.0. We have been lucky that it had stayed unchanged this long. I hope nothing major breaks.
Last edited by Barenchi on Jun 1, 2017, 8:25:56 AM
I have been trying this build out, but i cant figure out where do you get the INT to use wands from? I dont see it on your gear, neither on the Skill tree. And i wont seem to get it as I level up. Can you explain?
Hey Lifting! Any updates for 3.0? =)
Are there any updates on this build?
viable in 3.0?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info