[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

Where do you see Eldritch Battery in the build guide?

Eldritch Battery only makes (some) sense in combination with Mind over Matter. Then your energy shield recharge will not be interrupted while casting spells with Blood Magic. But this would also require very different gearing with focus on Energy Shield rather than Armour. With Infernal Mantle and some random ES mods on gear I don't even get 1k ES, not worth the investment in EB + MoM.
Hi Folks,

New to the game trying to follow this build. Currently lvl 46. My problem I cannot equip any wand because of very low stats in intelligence. Looking suggested items (although for higher lvls) i don't see anywhere intelligence. What should i do.

Thank you
Use a sceptre with cast speed and increased elemental/spell/fire damage instead... or grab this:

You can refund it later when you have the required attributes on items or jewels.

Personally I prefer the sceptre anyway because we can use Shield Charge with Fortify.
Last edited by tomay on Feb 8, 2017, 6:07:42 PM
"
Filip14 wrote:
Hi Folks,

New to the game trying to follow this build. Currently lvl 46. My problem I cannot equip any wand because of very low stats in intelligence. Looking suggested items (although for higher lvls) i don't see anywhere intelligence. What should i do.

Thank you

You can look for a cheap scepter while you're going through low level farming dude, int isn't a big problem when you reach higher levels, btw scepters have a decent % inc. ele dmg as well, so having a wand isn't mandatory i think
Need some advice on my guy as of now.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/karlriche/characters (Riiser)

Opinions/Advice???
"
karlriche wrote:
Opinions/Advice???

Personally I prefer Elemental Overload over crit, much tankier and cheaper/easier to gear.

I would have gone the other way first in the Ascendancies. Tukohama, War's Herald makes life a LOT easier (your totams taunt enemies and you'll be playing mostly unmolested) and Elemental Reflect is no longer an issue, Hinekora's leech is nice later but not essential.

I did not take Totemic Zeal and the "Scion socket", instead I went for Cruel Preparation (20% to max life) and Heart of Flames (more damage and penetration).

Use Elemental Focus instead of Iron Will, it's so much more damage. The totems can no longer ignite and you will not get the Ngamahu bonus (the 35% are only 1k DPS at best) but you can use a Flame Golem with Chance to Ignite (and some other goodies such as Spell Echo and GMP) if you want, this will do the trick.

Feel free to check my tree/gear, my profile is public.
Last edited by tomay on Feb 14, 2017, 10:34:27 AM
I've only played this game for 2days, but i'm very intrested in this build. I found myself using molten strike and another totem gem (forgot the name, shame on me) out of my own so this build looks like what i'd like. I'm just curious about the early game, since i see the usage of a wand and robes. Early game you fight as a standard marauder untill you have flame totem right? After that you roll with a wand and any armour that increase spell damage or still rely on heavy armour?
Last edited by oTecx on Feb 14, 2017, 12:13:47 PM
Beginner friendly build really... You get the Flame Totem gem at level 4, after that it's pretty smooth sailing. Equip two wands or scepters with spell/elem damage, cast speed is a nice bonus. At lvl 8 you can add cold/lightning damage. Add other gems later as they become available. Make your way to Ancestral Bond in the skill tree for the second totem, after that get Blood Magic.

Useful cheap uniques that will speed matters up greatly: Lifesprig wand(s), Karui Ward amulet, Wanderlust boots, Goldrim cap (and Tabula Rasa).
so does ele dmg also boost totem dmg? I'm new and trying this build, using a wand with about 30 spell dmg but have seen some maces with higher rolls for ele dmg.
Yes, since fire damage (like cold and lightning damage) is elemental damage increased elemental damage modifiers will also apply.

As does increased projectile damage (since the Flame Totem is firing projectiles) which is why we're using

Personally I prefer the sceptre over the wand because it gives us as access to Shield Charge or Leap Slam as movement skill and linked to Fortify we get some nice physical damage mitigation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info