[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

Apologies if this has been answered, but it's a very long thread.

I am levelling in Prophecy using this guide. Just got Iron Grip, and added it to Flame Totem. It didn't show a DPS upgrade in the spell details. Is this simply a UI error, or am I missing something? For now I only have Controlled Destruction and Iron Grip available. (I'm level 30)
"
ImSlower wrote:
Apologies if this has been answered, but it's a very long thread.

I am levelling in Prophecy using this guide. Just got Iron Grip, and added it to Flame Totem. It didn't show a DPS upgrade in the spell details. Is this simply a UI error, or am I missing something? For now I only have Controlled Destruction and Iron Grip available. (I'm level 30)

iron grip gives str to range, you need iron will :P
Well that's embarrassing! Thank you.
Hi. I have some questions.

As I see, you don't have dex on items, where you get dex for faster projectiles(FP)?

I have no FP(bacause I still don't have green socket) so I don't need so much dex yet. I'm using elemental focus(EF) support instead, Is that problem ? Is here some calculator, that can calculate dmg with EF and with FP ? I'm not sure, why is FP better. EF give it to me about 4k dmg, but I don't understand to missing elemental status ailments.

Thank you very much for your response.

PS: Sry for my bad english :)
"
MrMongus wrote:
Hi. I have some questions.

As I see, you don't have dex on items, where you get dex for faster projectiles(FP)?

I have no FP(bacause I still don't have green socket) so I don't need so much dex yet. I'm using elemental focus(EF) support instead, Is that problem ? Is here some calculator, that can calculate dmg with EF and with FP ? I'm not sure, why is FP better. EF give it to me about 4k dmg, but I don't understand to missing elemental status ailments.

Thank you very much for your response.

PS: Sry for my bad english :)

I personally picked the +30 Dex node that's located to the left and between the Templar and Marauder start. That gave me enough Dex to equip a lvl 1 FP to start with.
^this

and for later you wanna get some dex on your gear. You can get this via masters or simply trade some that has dex on it :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Hey first of all thx very much for putting so much effort into this. I ripped my Fire-Totem Templar at 57 and decided to try your build. A little slow at the beginning without the recommended uniques (No damage nodes compared to Templar), but now at level 42 its already feeling much better.
I have a questions tho, hope you dont mind:
Are ascendency points listed by priority? If not which one do you recommend going for the first points?

Thanks once again!

X

EDIT: Removed other questions
Last edited by Xavielson on Jun 7, 2016, 11:12:56 PM
Hey guys, any tips for doing Vorici missions esp the "keep the target for low life in 10secs"? It's hard doing Vorici missions with the build. Thanks in advance. :O)
"
Xavielson wrote:
Hey first of all thx very much for putting so much effort into this. I ripped my Fire-Totem Templar at 57 and decided to try your build. A little slow at the beginning without the recommended uniques (No damage nodes compared to Templar), but now at level 42 its already feeling much better.
I have a questions tho, hope you dont mind:
Are ascendency points listed by priority? If not which one do you recommend going for the first points?

Thanks once again!

X

EDIT: Removed other questions

Yea you are right, it is somewhat slow in the beginning, but it really picks up later =)

The ascendancy points are listed in priority yes :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
I searched 10 pages back to look for anyone mentioning the item
(Dreadarc) at first I was using it with groundslam to spread flammabilty on hit, then realised that the totems themselves can spread it.

How good is the weapon vs say lifesprig or another unique wand.

It seems really useful and just wondered what everyone else thought on it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info