[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"

As someone who has farmed Atziri a good amount, let me say that attack Puncture is really not that great for her. Trap is imo always the superior option.

Also just a comment on Tooltip DPS, it is irrelevant and baits people into making shitty decisions with skill gems overall. Do practice runs and get the proper feel for the mechanics of the fight.

Ah thanks for the tips! Im still quite worried however, as I tested the damage on rare mobs on a tier 1 map and it was still pretty bad. Im not entirely sure how this is going to work, to be honest, and leveling the skill gems further would only improve a few percent of damage, like around 10%. I did also manually calculate the damage based on every multiplier and it seemed exactly right.
Last edited by kabumpe on May 25, 2016, 12:22:33 AM
"
kabumpe wrote:
"

As someone who has farmed Atziri a good amount, let me say that attack Puncture is really not that great for her. Trap is imo always the superior option.

Also just a comment on Tooltip DPS, it is irrelevant and baits people into making shitty decisions with skill gems overall. Do practice runs and get the proper feel for the mechanics of the fight.

Ah thanks for the tips! Im still quite worried however, as I tested the damage on rare mobs on a tier 1 map and it was still pretty bad. Im not entirely sure how this is going to work, to be honest, and leveling the skill gems further would only improve a few percent of damage, like around 10%. I did also manually calculate the damage based on every multiplier and it seemed exactly right.

What does your gear look like?

Have you tried Atziri yet?

Can try to provide tips.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on May 25, 2016, 12:31:41 AM
"

What does your gear look like?

Have you tried Atziri yet?

Can try to provide tips.

Thanks for offering so much help ^^ Ive been doing some more testing and it seems my first test had something wrong with it, maybe I got unlucky and didnt get crits several times in a row. The damage doesnt seem too bad, actually, I havent tried Atziri yet but I think I will now. Debating whether to reroll my 5-link socket colors to all green and add in poison or to just leave the 4 link setup as it is.

Also my gear is almost identical to one of the example gears in the main post. Rat's nest, Maligaro's, Atziri's Step, 330 PDPS/410 total DPS harbinger bow, a very similar chest armor with about 900 evasion and good life+resists, physical Doryani's Invitation and some decent jewelry I use to boost my stats so I can use the int/str gems and get the last resists I needed. No added crit on the jewelry though.

Edit: Did some further testing, did a tier 5 map boss with the traps, it is a bit worrying as I wasnt doing very much damage, but it wasnt terrible either. It definitely took longer than it would have self casting it, probably due to the time the traps took to recharge. But that might not be as bad during atziri fight since you cant quite stand still and spam.
Last edited by kabumpe on May 25, 2016, 12:44:53 AM
Yeah, you should be okay in Atziri.

The mechanics are way different than when mapping ofc, no crazy mods or curses in Atziri which is nice.

Also not much running towards you really that you need to throw traps, so it's basically just a boss killer:

Phase 1 with Vaals > stationary targets > Use Trap

Split Phase with Atziri > stationary target > Use Trap

If you have a 5 Link Trap and a 300+ pDPS Harbinger with 3 Traps you should be able to either one-shot or get a Clone very low so you can get 1 charge back and finish it off.

Atziri fight is probably 20% gear, 75% manual dodging , and 5% spear RNG (xD), so have that mentality when you go in. It's not timed so you can take as long as you need to, and you'll have the time as long as you don't stand in a Flameblast.
"
Yeah, you should be okay in Atziri.

The mechanics are way different than when mapping ofc, no crazy mods or curses in Atziri which is nice.

Also not much running towards you really that you need to throw traps, so it's basically just a boss killer:

Phase 1 with Vaals > stationary targets > Use Trap

Split Phase with Atziri > stationary target > Use Trap

If you have a 5 Link Trap and a 300+ pDPS Harbinger with 3 Traps you should be able to either one-shot or get a Clone very low so you can get 1 charge back and finish it off.

Atziri fight is probably 20% gear, 75% manual dodging , and 5% spear RNG (xD), so have that mentality when you go in. It's not timed so you can take as long as you need to, and you'll have the time as long as you don't stand in a Flameblast.

Dayum, I really hope for that 1 shot clone, I guess it depends on whether it crits or not, from my testing its taken from 1 to 10+ traps to kill uniques. Im quite worried about that spear RNG though xD only having 45% evade chance sucks. Anyways, Ill give it a try and report back, thanks for the assistance.
Yay, I just BARELY managed to beat her, it took quite a bit but I did it. The clone phase is such a damn nightmare. I used inceased phys multiplier but Im wondering if poison isnt better. I have my doubts since it only adds 10% of phys damage for 2 seconds.
Congrats on your Atziri kill!

Some people have mentioned Poison in this patch.

Haven't really tested it, but I'm sure in 2.3 I will go back to this build in Standard at least.

Setup I was using in 2.0, still very kosher I'm sure:

Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on May 25, 2016, 1:46:20 AM
"
Congrats on your Atziri kill!

Some people have mentioned Poison in this patch.

Haven't really tested it, but I'm sure in 2.3 I will go back to this build in Standard at least.

Setup I was using in 2.0, still very kosher I'm sure:

Thank you very much! That is almost exactly the setup I was using, except I only have a 5-link and instead of slower proj I used crit multi. Since I pretty much only deal acceptable damage when I crit I figured doubling it was better than getting the slow proj multi.
How is this looking for 2.3 ? = ) sorry I came from FOTM Voltaxic LA/BR, not sure if that Voltaxic is 100% RIP.

But came across this build and looks sick.

At higher end gear is LA or Tornado shot better? How's poison & BR for 2.3 ?

How should I adjust current gear to play this at 2.3 ? Any Advice ?

Also I am a Scion, what ascendancy is best ? Follow the guide ? How to take advantage of the pierce from drillneck ?

Atziri vs Maligoro whats the take ? I choose Atziri Acuity because I can have high life regen and almost no degen from using Blood Rage. or Don't use Blood Rage ?

Also what is a better bow ? Windripper or High end Rare Harbringer bow ?

Sorry if I post if I miss anything in the guide.

Anyway I know many things are to be updated for 2.3, just want to hear some ideas/expectation/forecast for 2.3 to be ready ^^
Last edited by Neyeah on May 25, 2016, 11:37:14 AM
No further patch notes or other information so everything is in the air imo. Gear prolly mostly unchanged for 2.3 unless something gets announced. My opinions:

Berserker/Deadeye for Scion Ascendancy.

Drillneck is garbage at your gear level.

Acuity > but people like having Crit Multi from Maligaro/Shadow/Facebreak, I use Acuity myself because of QOL and not having issues with Blood Rage.

Windripper vs Harbinger is apples vs oranges. I really think the Windripper section in this thread is just a bait. Amigo's or Lanfear's Windripper builds are way more in depth.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info