[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

loving this build, im only having trouble with the remaining 500HP to 4,5k and gloves, this build can be hard when swapping jewelry
Spoiler
What do you think about using Romira's w/ Lioneye's?
Patch 1.3 - never forget the big qq!
Gees I can never go back to slower movement builds :-(

After getting to L91 figured I'd give something else a go.

So tried to respec an old marauder today...it worked, but gees it hurt to look at my char moving at half the pace of this build, and that's WITH 30% inc movement speed on boots.

"
cdchi1 wrote:
Gees I can never go back to slower movement builds :-(

After getting to L91 figured I'd give something else a go.

So tried to respec an old marauder today...it worked, but gees it hurt to look at my char moving at half the pace of this build, and that's WITH 30% inc movement speed on boots.

i hear ya. i had a build where my base movement speed was 85%, but i changed my spec and now im down to i think its 40%. man it is absolutely TOUGH to give that up, that is for sure. movement speed is so nice to have, but it sucks up sooo many passives to get
I understand your issues with HOI, but what about replacing faster attacks on tornado shot with added fire dmg and then HOA+ prolif? That way tornado shot dps is more about huge dmg per hit rather than small dmg with many hits
"
BlackPie wrote:
I understand your issues with HOI, but what about replacing faster attacks on tornado shot with added fire dmg and then HOA+ prolif? That way tornado shot dps is more about huge dmg per hit rather than small dmg with many hits

To be honest, I don't have many issues with HOI. I find the on death-cold damage much more noticable than HOA burn and the additional cold damage is great with hatred to perma-freeze enemies.

DPS-wise replacing faster attacks with Fire damage would result in a DPS loss (since we also loss HOI). However, I can think of at least 2 downsides:

1) Elemental reflect becomes deadly. According to my calculator, we will be dealing more elemental damage than physical with that setup. And CWDT won't save you anymore.
2) We lose mobility. This is my biggest problem. I don't like cutting down on mobility.

Also HOA is still bad with tornado shot, since we're using GMP only the killing arrow (one of many TS hits) will count for the overkill burn).

To be honest with this build, I feel like HOA+Prolif is much more about looks and "coolness factor" than actual advantages. However, I agree that it's the way to go if you prefer Split Arrow over TS.

I might give it a try again next days to confirm that it's actually the case, but last time I tried this setup I was REALLY missing the crowd control advantage of HOI+Hatred.

"

Didn't try it, not too amazed to be honest. One of the biggest upsides of Romira's is the big accuracy bonus that is entirely lost with Lionseye.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Nov 20, 2014, 4:54:03 AM
"

"

Didn't try it, not too amazed to be honest. One of the biggest upsides of Romira's is the big accuracy bonus that is entirely lost with Lionseye.

True, I've been mostly seeing Romira's as a way to kinda improve the low critchance of Lioneye's.
Patch 1.3 - never forget the big qq!
"
Patsn wrote:
"

"

True, I've been mostly seeing Romira's as a way to kinda improve the low critchance of Lioneye's.

I think just using assassins mark and a different ring (diamond ring if you want) is a better option

-----------

Side note. I'm updating the calculator right now (You can still use it right now, but I'll likely have to wipe all the user created sheets soon).

The new version will support:
-Active gem selection: Split arrow, Barrage, Rain of Arrows, Burning Arrow, Lightning Arrow, Ice Shot as alternative attacks
-New passive gems: Cold to fire, Increased AoE/Concentrated effect
-Damage conversions!
-Herald of Thunder
-Some minor aspects. Likely mana reserved and mana leech/sustain calculations.
-Bug fixes
-Also I'm improving and streamlining some calculations to be able to adapt the sheet for other skills/changes
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Nov 20, 2014, 8:58:07 AM
what's happening?! everything changing to become even better? I just got all my gear and res capped! I don't want to change!!!! noooooo!!

btw I said a big fuck you to assassin's mark (it wasn't really helping me out) and went 2x Vaal Haste. Whatever it is, it's fun having nonstop vaal haste on!

edit:

how much of a dps jump are we talking about if I buy a drillneck? i have a 320 pdps 5l harb and a 6l chest. currently using maligaro's and dory's. all I am missing is pretty much the drillneck. but is it really worth 10 ex? my 6l chest and harb didn't even cost that much!
Last edited by sighlight on Nov 20, 2014, 10:28:38 PM
I want a 350+ dps 5l harb but the prices are nuts!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info