[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
SybDarret wrote:

What do you think, should i expend 2ex on multiple crafted mods?

Start again imo. Because of the cold damage , the item already has 2 prefixes so you can only add one more. Max phys damage % increase with Tora you can add is 79pc, if you're lucky. You could probably buy a better bow with the 2ex.

If you are not getting a flat phys and % phys mod after regalling (I've never got it!) then what you want is a flat phys or % phys and TWO suffixes which are good rolls of either crit chance, crit multiplier or faster attacks. Or if you want if for clearing speed mostly, the suffix faster projectile speed I find is a very useful mod too. You can then use multiple crafted mods to add the two additional phys damage prefixes.

For example, I have this bow sitting in my stash waiting for Elreon to get to lvl 8 (I'm solo :-( )...the 'crit chance' mod is a bit low but ok...when Elreon is lvl 8 I will add +% phys damage and +%phys damage/accuracy hybrid mod which will give me a maximum possible % inc phys damage of 129% with Tora.

Spoiler

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ming%27s_Heart

Ming's Heart

+(9 to 13)% to Chaos Resistance15% reduced maximum Life
15% reduced maximum Energy Shield
+(40 to 50)% to Chaos Resistance
Gain 20% of Physical Damage as Extra Chaos Damage

Will this be a solid option if my other ring and amulet give me enough res/life?
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1119850
Selling Crit Bow ilvl 68-75 (Mostly White)
Which of these is better for this build?

Tool tip for the Thicket Bow gives higher DPS, but the Chin Sol seems much better, no doubt because of the 100% damage at close range, and it seems like the range is measured from the tornado shot impact point. Anyone know what 'Close Range' is?

If the Chin Sol is best, is it worth 6S'ing, and then 5/6L it?

I've been using the Rare for a while, and just found the Chin Sol...

Last edited by Cyzax on Nov 17, 2014, 8:10:35 PM
Hi there, I'm curious if anyone has been successful using this build without using the top gear? Based upon some of the items listed on page one, seems like you need to have a ton of Exalt, to buy some of those items, but I'm curious that if you use "decent" gear and not "great" gear, if you can still get pretty far? Is it possible with okay gear to still make it to mid 70s maps as long as you are using the recommended gems and passive selections etc?...........

I love the build and want to run it, but I wonder if it's even worth trying unless you are rich........

thanks in advance!
"
Mentoya wrote:
Hi there, I'm curious if anyone has been successful using this build without using the top gear? Based upon some of the items listed on page one, seems like you need to have a ton of Exalt, to buy some of those items, but I'm curious that if you use "decent" gear and not "great" gear, if you can still get pretty far? Is it possible with okay gear to still make it to mid 70s maps as long as you are using the recommended gems and passive selections etc?...........

I love the build and want to run it, but I wonder if it's even worth trying unless you are rich........

thanks in advance!

oh its still quite strong with just average or even below average - stronger than almost any other build with below average gear.

that is the strength of bow rangers right now. it takes very little to actually become a pretty big power house. all that is required IMO is a bow with 8.5% or higher base critical chance.
"
Mentoya wrote:

thanks in advance!

I'm only using self-found for this build, and it works well even so. Kill speed is excellent, and it is very easy to get high movement, meaning you can escape :-p
My character is currently L78, and I'm running early 70's maps with ease.

I use this at the moment:
Spoiler

Nothing expensive here, but at some point I'll need more life...
As you can see from the post above yours, I only upgraded the bow today. Up until now I've used a self-found rare (which was decent, but not 'good'). I'm hoping to find a either a decent Harbinger, or a 6S one I can craft, but haven't been lucky yet...
Ignore the skill gems in the helmet... They're only there for levelling.

I've followed the skill tree mostly 100%, but for equipment and skills I'm a bit more relaxed. One skill gem combination that often saves my hide is this:

Throw three of these into a mob, and they'll be busy fighting among themselves. The Conversion Trap should not be levelled.
Last edited by Cyzax on Nov 18, 2014, 3:20:35 AM
My character is lvl 89 and I'm currently using these items:

Spoiler

My HP is 4k and Tornado tooltip is 17.6k. With 3 power charges it's about 20.2k.

Clear speed is excellent. Fire and lightning is capped but cold is only at 55%.
I just sold my 6L carcass jack and is looking to either craft a body armor or buy a new one. But I dont have the currency for that right now :(

Most of my gems are only lvl 18 with 0% quality. Lot's of room for improvement there!
"
Sleepy92 wrote:
"

"
What about Power Charge on Crit instead of Faster Attacks for Tornado Shot? :o
I've been using that and it raises my DPS and puncture also benefits from it when you have 3 stacks.. Which you can easily get :)

Thoughts?

Tried it. Decent. However, while the DPS is comparable, your mobility goes down significantly. You spend more time in between shots before you can proceed moving, slowing down your clear speed and kiting capabilities.

Throwing in a single assassins mark on every second-third mob group keeps your power charges up 99% of the time. Don't forget about the more multiplier on assassins mark+crit chance increase. This provides a massive DPS boost, while keeping your mobility from faster attacks.

Yeah! Stupid of me not to think like that :') I just tried it and did Shipyard without any problems :D Thanks bro! Love the build!

I do have a small request.. Could you post some more Atziri runs? :o

Will do over the next days.

Likely not Uber-Atziri, since I don't have the pieces for her right now, but normal Atziri, sure.

"
Throw three of these into a mob, and they'll be busy fighting among themselves. The Conversion Trap should not be levelled.

That's actually a pretty cool idea, I'll give it a try (next league?).

"

The gear you see is the result of farming for 2 weeks after a fresh start with this build (~45 spare ex of currency).

This build can be played entirely self-found with budget gear. And yes you can absolutely run endgame maps (70-78) with decent gear and even do Atziri.

"
Tool tip for the Thicket Bow gives higher DPS, but the Chin Sol seems much better, no doubt because of the 100% damage at close range, and it seems like the range is measured from the tornado shot impact point. Anyone know what 'Close Range' is?

If the Chin Sol is best, is it worth 6S'ing, and then 5/6L it?

I've been using the Rare for a while, and just found the Chin Sol...

Chin Sol is likely better, but on the long run I suggest investing into a harbinger bow. Crit is king with this build.

"
Hello, i'm trying to craft my own bow, i made it 5l yesterday, but im not sure if it is going to reach good dps. After few alts i got the tempered mod, and since my bow is itemlvl 74 it was ok, lets try to get tyranical mod, but after over 300 alts i just got another tempered mod, i feel getting tyranical or cruel mod is so hard. should i keep trying or i better buy another bow?

Entirely true. Getting Flaring/Tyrranical is very hard. However, I really recommend using a higher level Harby for crafting (77+), so you can get all interesting results, such as Flaring and the highest Tier crit mods.

You can buy one from players for 1-2 alch orbs.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Hi, Im confused about your skill tree. Why do you take the 20% increased crit chance with bow in the lethality wheel but not the 2 20% increased crit chance nodes above assassination? They are the same.
"
BlackPie wrote:
Hi, Im confused about your skill tree. Why do you take the 20% increased crit chance with bow in the lethality wheel but not the 2 20% increased crit chance nodes above assassination? They are the same.

Both points are marked as "optional, but good ideas" on the color-overlay passive picture on page 1.

I recommend picking 1 point and use the rest for defense. It's just offense-defense optimization. However, if your character has a higher level or highly one-sided equipment you might want to pick none or all of the 3
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Nov 18, 2014, 8:49:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info