[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

hey, just wanna say thanks for the guide.. been able to kill atziri with 1-2 portals left @ 85 with these gear :D.

The armor is a hand me down from a guildie and only using it because of the 6L which really boosted up my overall dmg otherwise I have been using this and i wish I could 6L it:

Last edited by Butsumetsu on Nov 12, 2014, 6:39:29 PM
Sir, thank you for answering my last question. I am having a great time with this build, it's just really strong.

However, now I am thinking of getting my special bow. I have about 10 ex to spend for a bow or a 6L chest. But I read in your guide that you said Lioneye's Glare is very strong! And you can get a Lioneye's glare for pretty cheap!

My question is: Do you really suggest Lioneye's Glare or do you think I should just get a harb?

And for the harb, I can buy one...but is it better for me to try to craft one? To be honest, I have never ever crafted an item before, I always thought that it was a crapshoot.

Thank you for the weapon advice!

edit:

to be a little more clear, I guess my real question is...what the heck should I do with 10 ex? Buy a drillneck ? Buy a 6L chest and just use lioneye's glare? Or buy a 10 ex harb? Or I can buy a weaker harb for about an ex and get a 6L chest...?

What would you suggest players who are in a similar quandary? Thank you!
Last edited by sighlight on Nov 13, 2014, 5:18:56 AM
"
sighlight wrote:

My question is: Do you really suggest Lioneye's Glare or do you think I should just get a harb?

And for the harb, I can buy one...but is it better for me to try to craft one? To be honest, I have never ever crafted an item before, I always thought that it was a crapshoot.

edit:

to be a little more clear, I guess my real question is...what the heck should I do with 10 ex? Buy a drillneck ? Buy a 6L chest and just use lioneye's glare? Or buy a 10 ex harb? Or I can buy a weaker harb for about an ex and get a 6L chest...?

I've been using this build and just got it up to 85. Definitely been the fastest and most fun i've played yet.

Personally, i happened to find a Lioneye's a couple days before respeccing an old ranger, so it worked out well for me. My experience has been that Lioneye's is great for the most part. The added attack speed on it makes it out perform the few lightly crafted, comparable harbingers i've tried (without added speed). That said, the fact that it prevents you from evading reflect is more than a minor drawback for me, late game. Currently i'm trying to upgrade to a harbinger either by getting lucky and rolling rares, or waiting until Elreon is max level so i can craft one with attack speed.

I guess, my advice would be not to spend currency on a Lioneye's, which will probably end up being a transitional weapon, even though you could get a lot of use out of it. Probably best to go for a Drillneck (which i'm also looking for), or the harbinger you'll most likely end up wanting anyway.
"
wolfwood989 wrote:
"
sighlight wrote:

edit:

I've been using this build and just got it up to 85. Definitely been the fastest and most fun i've played yet.

Personally, i happened to find a Lioneye's a couple days before respeccing an old ranger, so it worked out well for me. My experience has been that Lioneye's is great for the most part. The added attack speed on it makes it out perform the few lightly crafted, comparable harbingers i've tried (without added speed). That said, the fact that it prevents you from evading reflect is more than a minor drawback for me, late game. Currently i'm trying to upgrade to a harbinger either by getting lucky and rolling rares, or waiting until Elreon is max level so i can craft one with attack speed.

I guess, my advice would be not to spend currency on a Lioneye's, which will probably end up being a transitional weapon, even though you could get a lot of use out of it. Probably best to go for a Drillneck (which i'm also looking for), or the harbinger you'll most likely end up wanting anyway.

thanks a lot man! what level maps are you doing atm?

wow, so the drillneck is that good of an item huh? is a 300 physical dps and 8+ crit harb good enough for atziri and mapping? everyone here seems to have like 400 pdps bows.
I couldn't give an opinion on Atziri, i haven't completed one yet. Only ever attempted a few times tho, and it was with a friend. Might make it harder, i don't know. I'm sure i could complete most maps, maybe not all bosses, but i've only done up to 76's, because that's the highest i had.

As long as the Damage is comparable to a Lioneye's, an average harbinger should get you through most content. It's really just a matter of clearing speed.
Yeah Atziri is more of a reflex test with this build. Yeah higher crit/DPS will get her down faster so less time you have to survive, but if you're good enough (and maybe a bit of luck) with the awesome movement speed of this build you can probably evade her attacks until you get her down anyway.

I finally gave her a shot with this build a couple days ago. Vaal and trio bosses were a breeze. Atziri though I died three times to fire damage before I got her down. Was my first time attempting where I wasn't using a tank/spell block build so no real practice before. Think I'll go better next time I give her a shot which thankfully after today's patch changes should be shortly.
BANDIT REWARDS:
1) Oak
2) Oak OR Kill everyone
3) Kill everyone OR Alira (if you intend to use power charges)

Sorry if I'm abit dense but this means 1=Normal 2=Cruel and 3=Merciless right?

And Oak=siding with Oak?

I'm new to the game after not having played it since open beta, this is my first char and the guide is awesome.

Thx
Last edited by MrWily on Nov 14, 2014, 3:11:15 PM
"
MrWily wrote:
BANDIT REWARDS:
1) Oak
2) Oak OR Kill everyone

And Oak=siding with Oak?

I'm new to the game after not having played it since open beta, this is my first char and the guide is awesome.

Thx

that's right
Oak gives health and dmg boost on normal and cruel if you side with him
This build is aviable for Dominus!!!!! NICE
xD
All my builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1830178
"
Dragoon_Diver wrote:
"
MrWily wrote:
BANDIT REWARDS:
1) Oak
2) Oak OR Kill everyone

And Oak=siding with Oak?

Thx

that's right
Oak gives health and dmg boost on normal and cruel if you side with him

Alright, thank you for quick reply.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info