[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
Anesthetize34 wrote:
Hey does anyone use this chest piece with this build?

Spoiler

That dropped for me last night in a Cemetery map, and thought it would be good for the build. Any suggestions? I'm just getting back into the game and am only level 65 in Rampage, so I thought this would be better than anything I could buy with my current currency.

I"m using this chest and I love it. To fully use it's potential you will need to invest more into Eva nodes as they provide double bonus: more chance to evade and more move speed at the same time. You should feel no penalty at about 12k eva. Same applies to Jade flasks - the also provide double bonus with this chest - eva+additional move speed.
Awesome, thanks. Yeah, I'm currently just over 10k EVA, so only about a 3% penalty right now. Huge boost to my chance to evade, though, so seems to be worth it for sure.
So I'm currently level 74 and almost all of my gems are 20 quality. The only ones I have left that are not are Tornado Shot, Puncture , and 2 Physical Projectile Attack Damage. I was wondering which one of these I should try to upgrade next. Here's my gear in case it makes a difference.

Spoiler

Sidenote: Is my chest piece worth eternal exalting, or should I just yolo exalt it.
Your, any update on your windripper ele version of this build? I'm currently level 85 now with mostly level 18 gems. My TS tooltip dps is 16.k (w/ charges) on a 5L windripper. I've been using a frezy-GMP-curse on hit-warlord's mark for life/mana leech. so far so good, can do 75 maps solo. Only downside so far is I can't do immune to curses maps.

current tree:
Last edited by TheDioscuri on Oct 18, 2014, 1:55:00 PM
Currently level 87 on Beyond with this build! Loving it!

This is the gear i use

20k eva atm wich is 60% eva

40% dodge attacks

44% dodge spells

9.3k puncture
6k tornado wich is enough at the moment to do 76-78 maps

Thanks for the build once again!
Thanks for this guide!!

I play for long time at PoE but i'm kind of poor so even my 92 incinerate withc is not so good and now with this ranger it is the first time i have so hudge DPS feeling and higt tankiness =)

I just 5 min ago Kill Atziri for my first time!! and drop me a bottle and a mortal ignorance but well i do it.

Realy thanks this guide works very good and is so fun to play.

My gear at lvl 87:

Last edited by Tagmatar on Oct 21, 2014, 11:41:01 AM
Hey, need some advice on gear selection.

Current stats:
capped resists
4.8k hp
89-90% hit but enough evasion to survive reflect maps with CwDT classic combo and another CwDT cluster with Molten Shell and Temp Chains (considering swapping this to Ass Mark anyways since I've had no problems with survivability)
around 12.5k dps on TS and using trap setup for puncture

Current gear:

Thinking of switching out the following gear:
gloves for Maligaro's (lowers hp and resists but boosts dps by 2k or more raising TS dps to 14k or more)
Drillneck for a rare quiver with roughly 60% global crit, 30% crit multi, 30% WED and at least 80 life and perhaps some atk speed (grants the missing life from gloves and increases crit significantly)
Atziri's Step for rare boots to cover the resists lost by equipping Maligaro's and cover some of the hp loss

Conclusion: this gear change would cost me 16% spell dodge from Atziri's step and drop my hp from 4.8k to around 4.4-4.5k and possibly lower evasion. However, I would gain a significant dps boost to my TS, higher crit (from Maligaro's and a rare quiver) and crit multi without sacrificing any resists.

Thoughts ?

Quick edit: should I keep Drillneck and gain a 6th link at some point I can put my 20Q Pierce as my 6th link to TS. To make these changes I mentioned I would probably have to sell my Drillneck.

TL;DR
Lose 16% spell dodge, some evasion and few hundred life to gain 2000 or more DPS boost to TS without sacrificing too much survivability or keep current setup and wait for 6th link Pierce gem to go with Drillneck.
Last edited by Snowf0x on Oct 22, 2014, 4:24:10 AM
do not drop the boots. i would keep whatever gloves you need to boost accuracy, resistances, and hp (and keep socket colours), but i would get rid of drillneck.

the dps boost you would see in 2-3k is NOT worth a few hundred hp and 16% spell dodge, that is for SURE. you will not notice a couple thousand dps more, and if you do it won't be much, but you can't do any dps when you're dead. you want that spell dodge/hp/evasion from atziri step.

i'll leave the others up to you, but i wouldn't switch out those boots. if it was me, i'd switch out drillneck for a dps quiver, then when you get a 6L just test between the two to which one gives more dps and use it
"
Snowf0x wrote:
Hey, need some advice on gear selection.

Current stats:
capped resists
4.8k hp
89-90% hit but enough evasion to survive reflect maps with CwDT classic combo and another CwDT cluster with Molten Shell and Temp Chains (considering swapping this to Ass Mark anyways since I've had no problems with survivability)
around 12.5k dps on TS and using trap setup for puncture

Current gear:

Thinking of switching out the following gear:
gloves for Maligaro's (lowers hp and resists but boosts dps by 2k or more raising TS dps to 14k or more)
Drillneck for a rare quiver with roughly 60% global crit, 30% crit multi, 30% WED and at least 80 life and perhaps some atk speed (grants the missing life from gloves and increases crit significantly)
Atziri's Step for rare boots to cover the resists lost by equipping Maligaro's and cover some of the hp loss

Conclusion: this gear change would cost me 16% spell dodge from Atziri's step and drop my hp from 4.8k to around 4.4-4.5k and possibly lower evasion. However, I would gain a significant dps boost to my TS, higher crit (from Maligaro's and a rare quiver) and crit multi without sacrificing any resists.

Thoughts ?

Quick edit: should I keep Drillneck and gain a 6th link at some point I can put my 20Q Pierce as my 6th link to TS. To make these changes I mentioned I would probably have to sell my Drillneck.

TL;DR
Lose 16% spell dodge, some evasion and few hundred life to gain 2000 or more DPS boost to TS without sacrificing too much survivability or keep current setup and wait for 6th link Pierce gem to go with Drillneck.

Upgrade your jewelry instead of letting go of drillneck and Atziri's step. Aim for 80-90 total res/ring. People seem to forget the Pierce element that comes with using a drillneck. It's amazing for clear speed! Also, 4.5k HP is plenty, don't worry about it too much. I reached level 90 with just 3.5k HP, dying a total of 8 times before I started running Atziri. When you've got your jewelry/res sorted out, you can start saving up for a 6L,gl.
Can you give me pretty good jewellery example for dps ? I think I am kinda stuck at 18k dps with a very good bow. These are my gear and jewellery :

Spoiler

5 linked tornado
gems are on the chest+gmp

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info