Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Sorry but I gotta ask another gear question.

Here is my current gear:
Spoiler

I was doing pretty good until I hit a stretch of good RNG on map drops, and now my survivability struggles at times in 75+ maps. I don't think the issue is my damage (a little over 15k with full charges/blood rage), but it would be nice for bosses to die faster I guess. I have a few directions I can go and I could use some other opinions on what to upgrade with a 6 ex budget.

1. Hyrri's. I have 4,230 life right now with a really crappy chest. I thought about Daresso's but I'm not sure if it's worth it since I have no problem manually casting Enduring Cry.

2. A better rare 5-link chest. I could probably get a pretty good one with 6ex.

3. A 6-link chest. I would need some crafting luck but my DPS would go up alot.
"
Telrex wrote:

Here is my current gear:
Spoiler

I was doing pretty good until I hit a stretch of good RNG on map drops, and now my survivability struggles at times in 75+ maps. I don't think the issue is my damage (a little over 15k with full charges/blood rage), but it would be nice for bosses to die faster I guess. I have a few directions I can go and I could use some other opinions on what to upgrade with a 6 ex budget.

1. Hyrri's. I have 4,230 life right now with a really crappy chest. I thought about Daresso's but I'm not sure if it's worth it since I have no problem manually casting Enduring Cry.

You should probably try to save up further for a 6-Link. I wouldn't go for a 6-Link with only 6ex: you don't have enough currency to absorb bad RNG, and tbh you'd need to be lucky to hit a 6-link with that anyway. You could simply be left with nothing.

After once spending around 3000 fusings to get a 6L myself (and a couple of times 2K+) I now avoid linking myself at all costs.
IGN: Mezzovoce
Shop: 958901
GMT (London)
"
Sotto_voce wrote:
"
Telrex wrote:

Here is my current gear:
Spoiler

You should probably try to save up further for a 6-Link. I wouldn't go for a 6-Link with only 6ex: you don't have enough currency to absorb bad RNG, and tbh you'd need to be lucky to hit a 6-link with that anyway. You could simply be left with nothing.

After once spending around 3000 fusings to get a 6L myself (and a couple of times 2K+) I now avoid linking myself at all costs.

What he said. Trying to 6L one yourself can become an extreme currency sink if you don't have enough RNG.

Farm, and save your currency. Keep a close eye on trade chat, you should be able to buy a 6L with life/double res for under 10ex. Don't go for the price that is asked in chat, but negotiate. That could shave off an ex or 2. Good luck!
"
Fritso wrote:
"
Sotto_voce wrote:
"
Telrex wrote:
Original question...

What he said. Trying to 6L one yourself can become an extreme currency sink if you don't have enough RNG.

Farm, and save your currency. Keep a close eye on trade chat, you should be able to buy a 6L with life/double res for under 10ex. Don't go for the price that is asked in chat, but negotiate. That could shave off an ex or 2. Good luck!

Thanks for the replies. I guess I can try to do less rippy maps for now. Most of my deaths were from laziness/carelessness and could've been avoided, except for the Dominus 76 map with -maxres Vulnerability and added lightning damage. I guess better gear wouldn't do much for that.

Should I just wait for a 6 link or should I bother with smaller upgrades? I was thinking physical Doryani's or maybe Atziri boots. Also how is my bow? Can I afford a better one and should I?

Thanks.
Last edited by Telrex on Aug 1, 2015, 10:39:26 AM
How is anyone able to run Hated, HOI, and HOA without grabbing the reserved aura cluster? While running all three, it takes up 100% without the cluster - and that's with a 20q lev19 recuced mana In one of the video posted here, the guy is running all three and still has less mana reserved.
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but has Neversink posted the 2.0 HC oriented build they said they'd post 'soon enough' ? I can't find it but may have missed it.
I'm thinking about returning to "archery", so here are my few questions:

1. Will this tree work?:
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQBAF4B3AMeBS0FtQYjCC4IiQzyDY0V7Ba_GY4fQSF2I_Yk_SaVKgsuUzBxMHwx-jWSN9Q51DpCPs9DMUd-Sn1LeEz_TZJN404qUUdVS1WFWhpbr11oYeJirGVNbAhsjG1sbztwUnTtdct293fjeA167311fyuE2YbOh3aK8Iw2jX2Nfo2_lQWa8Z2qoJ-jiqXLplepbrCrtMW1SLXyt7a5Hb02vea-p8AawTPBScLswzPEgsjcyqnTb9N-1CPYvdrB2-fdqOOf51TpRupi7T_tg-4O73rxivPq_MX-Hf6P_rr_3g==
You wrote nothing about Scion's life in that picture....

2. What do you think about Blood Dance boots? Those grant 7% life regen (with our 7 charges), which is very nice. Also they can get frenzy charges even without Blood Rage, and greatly increase charge generation speed with Blood Rage.

3. What about Hyrri's Ire + Darkray Vectors combo? A corrupted version can bring your dodge chance up to 70% with all Frenzy Charges up, pretty formidable defence i think (and can be increased further with +1 Frenzy Charge amulet, Unique Jewel and Unique ring (that drops in Warband league).

4. What about Slower Projectiles and Hypothermia gems? Are they useful, or there just better options exist?

5. How about using Rallying Cry for extra damage output and mana regen?

6. Is Bloodlust gem good to use for boss fights (Atziri, etc)?

IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Aug 1, 2015, 1:52:24 PM
Hey guys,

Is drillneck and infractem still viable for this build or should I move onto other items?
"
Telrex wrote:
"
Fritso wrote:

Text....

Thanks for the replies. I guess I can try to do less rippy maps for now. Most of my deaths were from laziness/carelessness and could've been avoided, except for the Dominus 76 map with -maxres Vulnerability and added lightning damage. I guess better gear wouldn't do much for that.

Should I just wait for a 6 link or should I bother with smaller upgrades? I was thinking physical Doryani's or maybe Atziri boots. Also how is my bow? Can I afford a better one and should I?

Thanks.

Don't do small upgrades now, get the 6L first. Stat's on your 6L will determine what other smaller upgrades you need like resists. Plus, the 6L will be by far the best improvement you can make to the build damage wise. And since more damage = more leech, your survivability will also increase.

Your bow is pretty decent at around 300pdps, but your crit chance is a bit low. When you get to upgrading that look for a Harbinger bow with >8.5% crit. That will probably cost the same, or more than your 6L though, so that's more long term.

I see you're already running Life leech in your setup, so to further improve survivability you could run Vaal Pact. It's only 3 nodes, and will help a lot. I use it too, and never want to go without it ever again. Also helps a lot with reflect packs. If you're having trouble with reflect, you may also want to switch your Faster Attack gem for PtL (Physical to Lightning).

Hi, i have a question, why does the build suggest to use Weapon Elemental Damage + Physical to lightning? Wouldn't be much better running added fire damage (flat +40% instead of +15% from Physical to lightning) with Life gain on hit or mana leech/life leech or also Added cold damage? Great build tho, thanks in advice!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info