[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
Diesel1116 wrote:
Guys have a question, hope someone can explain, sucks to be a noob

CoH + Curse( assassins/warlords)+ Vaal haste + Portal.... one of the gem setups in guide

how does that work? that wont trigger the curse...

Thanks

Doesn't work, because CoH has to be linked to an 'active' skill gem, such as Tornado Shot/Puncture/Frenzy etc.
"
Fritso wrote:
"
Diesel1116 wrote:

CoH + Curse( assassins/warlords)+ Vaal haste + Portal.... one of the gem setups in guide

Thanks

Doesn't work, because CoH has to be linked to an 'active' skill gem, such as Tornado Shot/Puncture/Frenzy etc.

Actually it work's quite well with Hot
as shown here
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
Really happy with this build! Started playing PoE a couple months ago and decided this'd be the build to play, turned out pretty swell. Current setup, lvl 89:

Spoiler

I've been using Aurseize over Maligaro's unless I'm XP farming. Just find the resists + IIR to be pretty much unbeatable. Accidentally screwed up my Maligaro's colors too, have spent ~1ex worth of chromatics trying to get 3r/1g or 4r for my CWDT setup. No luck; that hasn't been fun.

Another thing I've noticed is that most of the time I cant be arsed to actually use my CoH setup to keep up charges, and it's mostly been relegated to a kill-bosses-faster ability because of that. I really should find either something else to put there or a way to get the curse running without having to actually do anything - just not entirely sure how without revamping everything.

Upgrading from here doesn't look too difficult; grab a better+5l bow, find a 6l chest, upgrade boots to +30% movespeed, change one of my rings to a diamond to lose some overcapped resist. That's all I can think of, but I guess awakening will shake things up.

Last note is that going towards consitution + vaal pact was a super good idea and completely trivialized physreflect.
Just remember even in the worst case scenario, if you need RRRx on your Gloves use Vorici 3R one time, if you don't get the 4th Red Socket (and you probably won't, very small chance), you can use a higher level, say, Blink Arrow, or Assassin's Mark depending on the color, and that works quite nicely as well. But looks like you have a good plan!
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
dragnmith1 wrote:
"
Fritso wrote:
"
Diesel1116 wrote:

Thanks

Actually it work's quite well with Hot
as shown here

True. But that's a different situation than he is discribing. His CoH is not linked to an active skill gem, like yours is linked to HoT. The CoH has to actually be linked to a skill which hits the enemy to apply the curse. For you HoT applies the curse when it is procced and hits an enemy with it's secundary effect.

Hope that clears things up.

Wanna ask would it worth to try craft this bow( item lvl 77)?
I guess i'd need some alts(700+, regal's, scour, and 4th mod with master)
Or it'd be cheaper to buy new when i'll want to change that one?
"
Lord_Benway wrote:

I'm gonna be honest, it'll be 299 pDPS assuming you Master Craft (you need Crit) and get the same %Phys roll, which would make it quite nice. If you're gonna craft I certainly wouldn't scour the one you have.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
Lord_Benway wrote:

I would multi mod master craft that with Incr. Phys Dmg and Crit Chance

Look what similar bows go for atm...
http://poe.trade/search/oasitatamitaka
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Question about pots; I'm currently using (and have been using for a long time) a Diamond Flask instead of a Jade Flask. It seems to be pretty good for a short damage boost, at least from testing it on dominus, but neversink doesn't mention it at all as an option. Is it not as good as it seems? I'll drop it for a Jade if so.
"
Nexi wrote:
Question about pots; I'm currently using (and have been using for a long time) a Diamond Flask instead of a Jade Flask. It seems to be pretty good for a short damage boost, at least from testing it on dominus, but neversink doesn't mention it at all as an option. Is it not as good as it seems? I'll drop it for a Jade if so.

I've been using diamond flasks for my setup for years (2 actually, not just 1, cus they're so op) - a lot of people use atziri flasks for a damage boost but if you can spare the extra leech then the DPS from dia flasks FAR outshines them*. Downside is that they use up more charges, but if you roll a flask with a decent perpetual mod then this isn't too bad. If you use 2 like me you can have ~70% uptime with enough DPS.

You can also roll the "of reflexes" suffix to get a bit of defence out of them as well. Not nearly as much as a jade flask ofc, but dps is fun.

(* This is unless you either have an extremely high (>80%) or low (<25%) chance to crit, in which case the effect of dia flasks isn't that noticable. Their effectiveness peaks when your chance to crit is 50%.)
For try for see and for know.
IGN: Sap
Last edited by Bed on Jul 6, 2015, 5:45:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info