[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

I just wanted to make a post and say thanks for writing such a great guide! I'm plowing through levels/quests just one shotting everything in sight so far, it's been pretty fun. Death's Harp is an excellent leveling bow for this build in Cruel, the extra arrow adds even more dps to Tornado Shot and Puncture. Please keep up the good work :).
For some reason my dps is not where I want it to be. level 75 with 5k tornado shot :(. I am playing in beyond and my gear is already pretty good where its at, not sure how to push 15k like some people are having. Crit dmg gem on a 5l will increase my dps but I still wont be that strong

Last edited by woodyfly on Sep 24, 2014, 7:40:35 PM
"
woodyfly wrote:
For some reason my dps is not where I want it to be. level 75 with 5k tornado shot :(. I am playing in beyond and my gear is already pretty good where its at, not sure how to push 15k like some people are having. Crit dmg gem on a 5l will increase my dps but I still wont be that strong

Crit dmg on a 5L will increase your tooltip dps by a mile. Drillneck and maligaro's also bump up the damage by a ton.

Also, get rid of added fire in your tornado links. Physical projectile damage is so much better. Since all your damage is converted from phys, it is essentially multiplying everything by 1.5...
Last edited by DySeaL on Sep 24, 2014, 11:32:22 PM
Hi, so I'm a point where I'm confident enough with my dodging skills to try uber atziri. Would it be cheaper to buy the necessary fragments or try to farm them on my own? I've just chained 5 sets of normal atziri and only got 1 fragment which was a grief. Thanks
very good guide, thx man.
But i have a question. I'm lvl 79 atm using a 311 dps thicket bow with 6,2% crt chance and was thinking about upgrading to a higher crit harbinger bow. But a 300+ harbinger with 8+% crit is so damn expensive. So i was wondering if a harbinger with less dps (250-280) and 8+% crit would benefit me as well. I recently tried a 200 dps harbinger with 9% crit and i lost around 2k dps. Does anyone know whats the best option here?
"
dEus__ wrote:
very good guide, thx man.
But i have a question. I'm lvl 79 atm using a 311 dps thicket bow with 6,2% crt chance and was thinking about upgrading to a higher crit harbinger bow. But a 300+ harbinger with 8+% crit is so damn expensive. So i was wondering if a harbinger with less dps (250-280) and 8+% crit would benefit me as well. I recently tried a 200 dps harbinger with 9% crit and i lost around 2k dps. Does anyone know whats the best option here?

I personally got this:

for 3 chaos + cost of adding craft/reroll implicit.

200 DPS is bad for harbinger, you need 250 along with high crit, or 300 without.

And believe it would be the cheapest to craft a better bow myself, using level77+ base and Elreon level8 services.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
"
woodyfly wrote:

Crit dmg on a 5L will increase your tooltip dps by a mile. Drillneck and maligaro's also bump up the damage by a ton.

Also, get rid of added fire in your tornado links. Physical projectile damage is so much better. Since all your damage is converted from phys, it is essentially multiplying everything by 1.5...

I'm sitting at 7.3 with a crit dmg and phys projectile (only 500more dps than added fire) like I expected. Nowhere near even 10k.
Last edited by woodyfly on Sep 25, 2014, 8:13:20 AM
Spoiler

This is my gear and I'm sitting at 9.3k. Gems are lvl 17-18 with no quality on them.
lvl 82, heading towards True Strike cluster.
Last edited by anone on Sep 25, 2014, 8:54:52 AM
"
woodyfly wrote:

I'm sitting at 7.3 with a crit dmg and phys projectile (only 500more dps than added fire) like I expected. Nowhere near even 10k.

When comparing fire/cold/chaos damage (Added Fire Damage gem, etc) and physical, do note, that elemental/chaos damage will be futher reduced by resists, and (of course) life/mana leech from gear applies to physical only.

Added fire damage may show nice tooltip numbers, but in fact, it sucks when it comes to reality (due to resist and no leech).

High base bow DPS, %increased physical damage, AS, crit chance and multipler make your DPS.

P.S. As far as i know, your first goal in hardcore league is to SURVIVE, not beating DPS records. I feel comfortable with 3500 "paper" DPS (rises to 4200 with charges), while i dont fell comforable really with 3500 life.... Guess, what i decided to improve first?
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Sep 25, 2014, 9:12:13 AM
I just started maps and decided to finally upgrade to a harbinger but I seriously got no idea what to look for. Now that you have to take into account the possibilies of master crafting it's so complicated.
They may appear better at phys dps in xyz but there are others with way lower dps that got 3 slots open for craft (so 2 since the ability to craft many takes a slot) which makes it such a pain of choosing and I'm tempted to get a lioneye's only for that...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info